Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..."
USS Firebrand
Various Locations
2025 hours

It was time for a little down-time, all the information passed out in the briefing was over-load to say the least. The bog-standard look of the conference room the briefing had been held in got tedious to look at after a while, not that people's attention would have been swayed from concentrating on the Admiral as he spoke. And so, the interior of the Sovereign-class Firebrand was welcoming to the eyes; her sleek design, subtle and professional corridors as everything intertwined together, the ever so gentle hum of the ship herself. It was something one could get used to, that was for sure. It would take time, having been used to the Braveheart, but Donald was sure the Firebrand would make a good home, not just for himself but for the entire crew as well.

Having finished his short conversation with his daughter, and very short it was too, Donald had proceeded to look up the file on the Commanding Officer. Junior in rank to himself - infact, no, Donald was technically retired so held no official rank - merely Junior in experience perhaps? But then, that could open to debate itself. The Lieutenant Commander seemed very adept at what he did; Counsellor in background and now into command he would certainly be able to keep the needs of his crew in mind - a skill that would serve them all well.

But now, having finished being nosey, the Retired Captain had taken to walking the corridors, smiling in greeting to the officers and crew as they all walked on by. Many were engineers, obviously completing the newer design upgrades to the Sovereign. Donald himself had seen the proposed upgrades before he had left the Braveheart and his commission behind - they were certainly impressive, and he was envious of the new officers in direct control of these specialities. With this new refit, on all vessels it seemed, an additional deck had been installed - solely for Hazard or Marine Operations, depending on the class. A small chuckle passed up Donald's throat and out his mouth as he reminisced on the early days of Hazard Teams, how far they had come now and definitely an asset to starship crews. He would be interested to meet the new Hazard Team CO for sure, see his take on the current Security protocols and how he would adapt his procedures to suit all.

But alas, this was his first destination - the Mess Hall. Subconsciously arriving it would have seemed, as Donald now found himself sat at a table with a mug of coffee and traditional Earth Danish Pastry before him. He smiled. Content.

TAG: Anyone
Quote:Captain (Retired) Donald McGriff
STARBASE THRINACIA
Marine Special Operations Center
2040HRS

Draco had been sitting in the chair at the tactical display looking over the layout of Colony Aurora for about thirty minutes now when the comms system beeped.

=^= Admiral, sorry to disturb you but the London just signaled. They will be here in about twenty-five minutes. =^=

He grinned as he tapped his badge  =^= Understood Control. Please let Colonel Tingler know I will be in a briefing and the Captain Moorehead is to report as soon as they are in transporter range.=^=

=^= Aye Sir. Control out. =^= replied the officer on the other end just before the communication line closed.

As the line closed Draco sat back and considered the direction of the starfighters in this new endevour. They would be working along side the Marine and Special operations temas to first secure and then maintaine that security at Aurora. This thought both excited him and scared him as it would any father. In his heart he knew that he would have to let go. All his pilots were the best Starfleet had.

In the background Col. Wiseman entered the room and snapped to attention rendering a salute and waiting.

“ I would know that snap anywhere my boy. At ease Falcon and take a seat. I am sure that Ms. Targus will be here shortly. “

Falcon released his salute and started tword a seat. “ Thank you Sir. I am sorry if I inturrupted you in thought.”

“ Not at all Falcon. I was just going over the reports coming out of Aurora. Looks like you all will have your hands full there, But I will discuss that more int eh briefing.” Replied Draco as he turn to the Colonel. Just as he started to speak again the swoosh of the doors was heard.

“ and as I said, Here she is.”

“ Aye Sir, she is.” retorted Falcon as he stood and walked around the table to move out a chair of Commander Targus.

“ Thank you” commented Sage as she took a seat.

“ Nice to see that chivalry isn't dead.” cracked Draco as he grinned at his daughter. “ Just a few more people and we will be all set. You two will be happy to know that Captain Moorehead will be joining our ranks. Agian that is one of the things that will be discussed int eh briefing.” He continued as he shot a look at Falcon. 

TAG: ALL ( Especially those about to come to the tactical briefing)

OOC: JP between Draco Sage and Falcon
USS LONDON
Enroute to Starbase Thrinancia
2042 HRS

Sam sat quietly in her quarters looking over reports that she was finishing up while she made the journey to her new assingment. She was happy to get back into the field. She had missed serving aboard ship and for some time longed to be back in a fighter full time. But, as it was with all endevours in the MArines, the wants of the person do not always mirror those of the Corps. As she closed the last file she had to complete a message came through to her workstation.

^ Captain, We will be in position to transport you to Thrinancia in about 20 minutes. Admiral Targus has requested that you  beam over to a briefing as soon as we are in range. ^

Sam signaled her reply and gathered her belongings, which wasn't much. One duffle bag and one weapons case to be exact. as she crossed the room she picked up her sidearm from the table and holstered it. In one swoop she grabbed her gear and walked out the door heading for the transporter room.

TRANSPORTER ROOM
2050 HRS

Samanthia entered the transporter room and walked over to the Gunny SGT working at the control. The Gunny snapped to attention. " Ma'am" he torted as he drew a salute.

" At ease, I need to be transported to the starbase as soon as we are in range." she replied as she handed over her orders. The Gunny looked them over and started to tap in the commands and access codes needed to transport her to the briefing.

"Ma'am, I need you to enter your athorisation codes. These orders have you transporting to a secured area in the station."

Samanthia nodded and stepped around the consoul to enter her codes.

" Thank you Ma'am. It appears we will be in transporter range in two minutes. I am establishing an interlock with the station to get you to your briefing as quickly as we can. "

" Thank you Gunny." She replied as she stepped onto the transporter pad. " energize when ready. "

USS Firebrand
Sovereign-class Dreadnaught
2000 Hours (Station)
Connection Umbilical

In response to Lorenzo's hail, the personnel officer responded rather than the one on the bridge. She looked rather tired and had a face of 'when is my shift over'.

"Captain Schrödinger, welcome aboard. Your baggage from the USS Occoquan had been transported over to your room, junior officer's quarters zero five zero two. You have hand carried luggage with you, as well as your family heirloom, please drop it off immediately and head down to the Hazard Team briefing room for first log in. You're expected back aboard the starbase for a meeting at 2100, so please hurry."

As the feed closed, Lorenzo took off in a hurried pace to get his stuff started. Barely a minute into his new assignment, and he was already hitting the ground running. Not bad.

Starbase Thrinancia
2055 Hours (Station)
Marine Special Operation Centre

Lorenzo finally came aboard the starbase nary ten minutes before appearing before the assembled. He'd done his best to finish his tasks before the meeting. Dressed in something good and crisp, he had his Hazard suit on, as befitting of his station, though the transporter buffer didn't have anything but a standard Type II phaser.

Appearing before the door to the Ops Centre, he pressed the button on the side.

"Captain Shrödinger, USS Firebrand Hazard Team commanding officer, reporting."
OOC: JP between myself and Comd. Jackson

IC:

STARBASE THRINACIA
Conference Room
2005 hours

The final few officers were leaving the conference room; some having stayed behind at the edges to converse with colleagues they hadnt seen in a while, and some disappearing immediately to retreat to their ships. In most cases, the Admiral noticed the ones disappearing were those who never ever seemed to stick around. Cant be helped. He thought to himself, stepping aside as Draco addressed the command team from Firebrand, excusing himself silently to leave them to it. He sought out the Fleet Captain.

"Ah, Mr Jackson. Thank you for remaining behind, how goes the Majesty's upgrades?"

"Not bad considering" Callum replied "I just hope those Engineers have bolted our nacelles on tightly this time" he continued "according to the last report,
we're ahead of our revised schedule" he added as he tapped the PADD he was holding to stop it from going into sleep mode "I was actually hoping you could authorise this" Callum said turning the PADD around and offering it to the Admiral "with our upcoming mission I wouldn't mind getting our test warp flight done, preferably I would like to depart in about an hour" he said, deciding to allow the Admiral a chance to say something.

The Admiral looked over the request, raising one eyebrow slightly and nodding in approval at the report that brought the refit up to scratch. "I'll be sure to
commend the Engineering teams on their efficiency. As for the warp flight, that depends how long you'll be gone for? I have plenty for you to be getting
on with before we all depart for Aurora in the morning, Commodore..." Steve looked up as he addressed Callum.

Callum looked at the Admiral and decided not to call him up on getting his rank wrong. “We’ll only be gone for about an hour.  All we need to do is get up
to warp 7, maintain it for a few minutes, just long enough to gather the readout info and run a few diagnostics if required, then we’ll be heading back.  If it all goes to plan that is” Callum said as he thought about the test flight the Majesty did a few months back.

Steve grinned slightly, reaching into his pocket as he tapped his authorisation codes into the PADD. "Authorised, just make sure you are back in time," He
paused, looking up to Callum as he pulled the small box from his pocket and clipped it open showing a single Admiralty golden pip, "you'll have plenty to do as Fleet Chief of Operations, y'know, Commodore."

It took a few seconds for it to register, a smile grew on Callums face “I thought you’d made a mistake earlier when you called me Commodore” Callum said,
looking at the pip “It would be an honour to accept the promotion” he continued, now looking at the Admiral.

Steve chuckled, passing over the pip to the newly appointed Flag Officer. "Mr Jackson, you should know by now I rarely make mistakes," He winked
humourously as he cleared his throat, "just make sure I havent made a mistake in the promotion, understood?" Again he chuckled, offering a salute to Callum. "Commodore, a pleasure to have you in Senior Fleet."

Callum saluted back after accepting the pip "It's an honour, Sir" he replied "I'll try not to let you down" he commented as he played with the pip in his hand.

The Admiral nodded, watching Callum twist the pip in his fingers, reminiscing in his own mind the day he too received his Flag pips. "They'll no doubt seem
heavy at first," Steve commented hypothetically referring the duties that would come with the new position, "but I'm sure you'll handle them. You've done well as the Majesty's Commander for the last 5 or so years that she's been yours." Pausing, he handed Callum a PADD with a short set of orders upon them. "First up, I need you to head to the Firebrand briefly and deliver this information to Lieutenant Commander Locker, long overdue information at that."

"Thank You, Sir" Callum said in reply to the Admiral as he took the PADD. He quickly scanned over the contents of the PADD "Indeed" Callum commented.

"Permission to stop by the Starbase tailor on my way, my uniform needs updating slightly" Callum requested.

"Ah, good point - permission granted." Steve agreed, his hand moving to his belt buckle displaying the Federation emblem emblazened with a gold outer
edges. "Don't forget the new belt too." He chuckled. "Any questions, Commodore?"

Callum smiled "None that spring to mind, Sir" he said as he allowed the pips to fall to his palm, where he then took a tighter grip on them before placing both hands behind his back.

"Very good then," Steve paused, offering Callum the standard salute, "Dismissed, Commodore."

TAG: ALL

OOC: Begin to wrap up your current chin-wags - the timeline will be advancing to kick off soon.
Admiral Steve Malloway
Commanding Officer, USS Eagle
Joint Fleet Commanding Officer, Starfleet Strategic Response Fleet

Training and Personnel Developments Director, and Internal Verifier
USS MAJESTY
CAG's Office
2050hrs

The time passed by quite quickly and Archer soon noticed the time come up to 2050. It didn't take him long to find the transporter room and he convinced the operator to set a beam in point close in to the office so that he didn't get lost on the way. Nothing worse than getting lost on your first day...
Judging from the high ranking officers leaving in the opposite direction, he assumed there must have been a staff meeting earlier. He quickly found the office and walked in. "Admiral Targus?" He asked, standing at the door to the office. He quickly looked around the room. It looked like he was the last too arrive.
[Image: 10410329_1413822988906033_5930062657459929709_n.jpg]

Taskforce 169 (Olympians)
USS Firebrand NCC-38501 (Docked)
Captains Ready Room
2050hrs

Having met the senior staff at 89Aft, Locker decided to settle in the Captains Ready Room. It was pretty much identical to all the other Sovereigns. He unpacked all his personal luxuries including a model of the Firebrand and his previous Excelsior Class ship. He chuckeld as he placed the two models beside each other and thought in his mind, "I still can't pronounced that damn name!"

The Firebrand's refit was slowly coming to completion and he knew it was only a matter of time before this mighty vessel saw the stars once again. Having looked through the history of the ship, Locker finally understood why the registration number was such an "early" number. Like the Enterprise and some other well known ships, the Firebrand was one of the handful of ships that carried a traditional registration. Just like the Enterprise, the Firebrand name had been used in the NX class, Constitution, Excelsior, Ambassador and Galaxy. This of course explained why those golden ship models were in the bridges conference room. The last ship to bare the name was a Galaxy class ship that was lost at Worf 359 during the first Borg attack. There were reports from the USS Voyager that they had encounted Borg drones from the Galaxy class ship.

Locker looked out the window into the Starbase and noticed a few ships docked. Many were remenents from the previous fleet Malloway had commanded of which Locker originated from as well. Close by was the Majesty. Locker remembered the massive battle where he was the XO of the Majesty. Between him and the CO, the Majesty had nearly been destroyed.

Locker placed his one hand on his old injury where he had been shot during that invasion. He still couldn't believe Starfleet Command had forgotten that but he smiled as he remembered he had at least been given command of a Sovereign.

Once Locker had finished unpacking, he walked up to the replicator.
"Tea, Earl Grey, cold." He spoke clearly.
The replicator buzzed as a mug of tea appeared.
Locker took the tea and sipped slowly as he walked back to his desk and picked up the tactical PADD. The torpedo launcher layout was exactly as he requested, allowing for all the torpedo types to be ready for use. Usually only one torpedo type was used for the stardard launchers but Locker had requested that each launcher was specifically assigned to a torpedo type. The layout was as follows:
1F & 2F: Tri-cobalt *1 per torpedo tube

3F: Standard Photon * two per torpedo tube

4F (Swivel Mounted Rapid Fire): Quantum *4-6 per torpedo tube

5F, 6F, 1A, 2A: Tactical Photon *3 per torpedo tube

Locker was happy. This layout would definately be a tactical advantage.
STARBASE THRINACIA
Marine Special Operations Center
2055HRS

The door opened behind Draco to show that the Hazard Team Commander from the Firebrand had made his way to the meeting. He turned to face the Captain and walked his way.

" Ah Captain, How was the trip/" Commented Draco as he extended a hand. with his other hand he motioned to a seat.

"Sir, it was quite uneventful." He said, having twitched at the impluse to salute but had taken the man's hand instead. Retreating to the seat that he was offered, he was, a little awkward in his pose. He was, for all intents and purposes, as well as behavioral briefs, one more willing to jump in with either a phaser or tricorder in hand, and felt a little awkward in idle small talk and philosophical debates with fellow officers. Had it not been for his aptitude, an Academy instructor had said she would've sent the barbaric young man out to pasture until he gained some sort of class and proper civility.

As the two men returned to their seats the blue hue of a transporter beam lit up the room. Draco grinned as the figure of Captain Moorehead appeared.

" And as promised, Captain Moorehead." he torted as the beam faded away. "Ms. Moorehead, Glad you could make it. We are a bit short on time so I will get to it. We are still missing one person, but We can fix that quickly." with the tap of a few commands a second transporter beam shone blue thru the room. " Captain Archer, Sorry about that, but it appeared that you may have got lost.

TAG: Archer

OOC: I will finish the briefing in a short
POST EDITED. Concerns and comments addressed.

Adm. M
[Image: 10410329_1413822988906033_5930062657459929709_n.jpg]

Taskforce 169 (Olympians)
USS Firebrand NCC-38501 (Docked)
Main Bridge
2055hrs

Locker had settled in well. His quarters were setup, everything unpacked. His ready-room was setup, everything was setup. Now... He wanted to spend time on the bridge. The warp core and warp engines were close to been ready to come online and he wanted to be there when they were ready. It was five minutes till the Gamma shift and Locker hadn't made a decision as to who should take that shift as the commanding officer. In the mean time he decided to take that shift himself. Sure... Sixteen hours a day was a bit of long shift but eight hours of rest was enough for now. Especially considering those eight hours was between the two shifts. Locker had exited the ready room and entered the bridge where he saw his first officer sitting in the new captains chair. Des hadn't ordered the chair but it was coming standard with the new refit. The Enterprise E had received the same mod. It looked comfortable. But in all honesty, the old chair looked better. Ok, granted, this new chair was more ergonomic, had new features and looked like it was for an important person. Des just thought perhaps he just isn't used to it. In addition to the new chair, the forward view screen had been replaced with a window. Like Captain Picard, Locker also prefered the window varient. The advantage with this varient however, is it did have holoprojectors that could display vital info on the screen for the whole bridge to see. This gave the Firebrand and the Enterprise E a tactical advantage. Plus, if Locker or Layton noticed the bridge crew having a fixation on watching the stars while at warp, the screen could display the boring SSRF logo. Starfleet medical had suggested that in the 2060's when they gave that phenomenon a syndrom name. The window had the normal shape of a view screen but it was devided into several sections, the middle piece been the main view and the other six pieces (three on either side), were functional information views for tactical, science, helm,  engineering security and flight ops. Right now most of the sections on the view screen were offline and only showed what was happening outside (like a normal window). In the middle of the main view screen in big bold letters it showed EXTERNAL SUPPORT MODE indicating that the ship was relying on power from the Starbase. Most of the senior staff were either in their assigned offices or area's (such as main engineering, hazard ops and like). At the moment, only Layton was there, the rest of the stations were occupied by junior senior staff.

Mr. Layton had stood up from the chair and Locker smiled as he sat on it for the first time.

"This feels a lot more comfortable than the old one..." Locker smiled as he looked at Layton.
An engineering officer walked over and pointed to a button on the command consol.
"Sir, please try this button..." The officer respectfully suggested.

Locker pressed the button and within a matter of a second a seatbelt harness strapped him into the chair.

"Haha... Well... Its about time they bought this back!" Locker commented as he recalled the system been banned in the late 22 hundreds. Something to do with not been able to perform duties properly.

Locker felt at home on the bridge. He recalled he wanted to command a Sovereign class ship since he saw the Bravehart and the Enterprise for the first time. The majestic, sleek curves of the Sovereign Class were beautiful and unique making he ship look, well, sovereign!

=/\=Engineering to Bridge=/\= Kran called.
=/\=Locker here, report Mr. Kran?=/\= Locker replied after tapping a button on the command consol.
=/\=Sir, we will be bringing the warp engines and warp core online in ten minutes.=/\= Kran informed.
=/\=qatlho', tu'lu'. Mr. Kran=/\= Locker replied in Klingon. Locker had decided to learn Klingon so he could interact with his handful of Klingon crew members.

Locker looked over to an Ensign at the Science 1 consol.
"Ensign, you have the bridge." Locker commanded.

"Mr. Layton, accompany me to main engineering..." Locker suggested.

TAG: Layton and any Firebrand crew.