Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..."
Starbase Thirnacia
Marine Special Operations Center
2106HRS

"Gentlemen, I agree with both sides and I applaud you for doing the quick math on the numbers you will have to work with Captain. As for the numbers, I have the arranged for the operators from the 181ST Tactical operations division from the USS London to be deployed. Now down to the details, We will be deploying well be for the rest of the fleet. All personal will form up at 2300HRS for deployment. Pilots and there craft will for up on the main gate. Ground personal will meet at Gate Control.

Draco paused for a moment to allow for the formal orders to be sent out to all the team commanders.

" If there are no other questions the briefing is dismissed. "

TAG: All

OOC: JP between myself and RADM Wilkinson. Cut short at the end due to loss of internet by Wilkinson and to advance the timeline. Apologies for below-par finish.

IC:

STARBASE THRINACIA
Conference Room
2012 hours

"Well, everything is in place, just need to go and join John now." Emma stated tugging on her uniform to straighten it. "Looking forward to joining us for our first trip out?" She asked.

Looking up as Emma approached; Steve offered a smile and a nod in greeting. "First trip out? You make it sound like I'm being let loose on a day trip from an old folks home!" He remarked chuckling, and noticing for the first time how chilly the conference room had been during the meeting. Well, it had kept everyone awake that was for sure. "But, still, definitely looking forward to it." The Admiral added, allowing a quick tap to a PADD to change the environmental settings and increase room temperature to a more comfortable level. "Ready for commanding further than anyone has before?"

"OUR first trip out should be interesting, we’re all out on a day trip here... although you can come back whenever you feel you need a nap... But you know me, always up for the unknown adventure... keeps things interesting." She said with a sly grin. Having the Gateway would be interesting. Rather than having individual ships off investigating, due to the smaller size of their gate, they would need teams on the ground searching out new planets and people to build relations with. The smaller groups of personnel still needed working out and going over. They would need to be the same size as an away team, if not a little larger. These details and more were still in the process of being worked out and finalised.

“And let everyone else have all the fun? Jog on.” The Admiral replied, gesturing with his arm for them both to walk. He led the way from the conference room, meandering through the corridors as he continued. “You’ll definitely have your work cut out for you – remember, we’re all
leaving you to it once everything is in place. John and I have the rest of the Fleet to look after too.” He chuckled, running his hand along one
of the new bulkheads as they walked. “And Thrinacia can’t be left for long.” Steve added, noticing a difference in the new material. It wasn’t
like the old bulkhead he had come to know over the past 6 years – the smoothness he had found at the start had changed as the time had gone on
and the corridors became a hive of activity as the base was used more and more. This new bulkhead was smoother, obviously brand new… it was a
welcome feeling, but that new feeling still lacked so much – memories. Aurora would be the same; new material fresh off the production line and ready to mould both physically and metaphorically. In fact, Aurora held many similarities to Thrinacia – a main base of Operations, central hub
for the command in this sector… galaxy… The Admiral chuckled. “Definitely, have your work cut out.” He repeated.

"Well hopefully it won't take us too long to set up shop, so you guys can get back to things here, while the rest of us run off and investigate the unknown and no doubt get ourselves into all sorts of trouble. You know what John's like, he'll only get himself shot again if he's out there too long, and I’m sure you'll find yourself knees deep in something after too long." Emma smiled as they walked watching the hustle and bustle still going on around them as things were still being tinkered with. Looking back to the PADD she was carrying Emma made a few notes to herself as they occurred to her, keeping pace easily and avoiding bumping into anyone as they went. "Hard work never scared me before, and I don't think it’s going to start any time soon, unless there’s work to put in, I’ll only get bored. ‘Idle hands and all that’." She commented with a grin to her side.

“Well, lets face it, you’ve never done any hard work so how would you know?” Steve remarked playfully, laughing slightly.

Emma turned to Steve with a look of shock with her mouth open in horror, but the twinkle in her eye showed she knew it was in jest… “Pot and
Kettle, come to mind” She quickly threw back at him. “Anyway, these are a few idea’s I had for the AG teams (Aurora gate) we are setting up once we get to aurora, just to prove that I’m sitting on my rear...” She said with a snort handing over her PADD with the outline for the team set ups, “Two security, one tactical for each team and then depending on the mission different teams will then have different additions, Medical, science, counsellor etc. And the different teams will be numbered and known so they can be selected for the missions as required. How does that sound?” She asked.

Steve took the PADD in one hand from Emma, holding it out slightly. As his gaze looked over the data he scrolled on down the lists with his thumb and after a moment of browsing and skimming the various setups he began nodding as he looked to the Rear Admiral. “Agreed, though ultimately it’s up to you as this is something never done before – you could uniform all teams to the same setup, or even have specifics, like you say, for Science or Medical.” He handed her the PADD back as he finished typing in some codes, finalising plumbing in his command codes to authorise Emma for having the final say so on her teams, rather than having to worry about getting the go ahead from himself, John or Draco.

Before anything more could be said, both Admirals were interrupted by an incoming commcall, chirping over the internal communications grid. It had always fascinated the Admiral how this had worked - how did the computer not announce it all over the place, but solely where the recipient was, at the exact moment that someone spoke aloud?

=/\=Command Centre to Admiral Malloway. Sir, you have an incoming call from Admiral Rhel.=/\=

Steve allowed a sigh, rolling his eyes to Emma before opening the link, "Starfleet's CinC wants a chin-wag, joy." He remarked, tapping his badge to open the link up. =/\="Understood, Lieutenant. Inform the Admiral I am on my way to my office now and will take it there. Malloway out."=/\= Again, a tap, and this time the link was severed. "Duty calls. I'll see you tomorrow morning onboard the Gateway Control station. 0800 hours sharp for launch through the Gateway." He winked, turning on his heel to disappear into a turbolift.

TAG: ALL
Admiral Steve Malloway
Commanding Officer, USS Eagle
Joint Fleet Commanding Officer, Starfleet Strategic Response Fleet

Training and Personnel Developments Director, and Internal Verifier
USS Firebrand
Main Engineering
21:16

Locker felt it was now necessary to make his way back to the Bridge. It was a short walk to the Turbolift and as he entered he looked one last time into Main Engineering.

"Deck One, Bridge." He ordered the computer.

Only twenty seconds passed and he found himself entering the bridge from the port turbolift.

USS Firebrand
Main Bridge
21:17

"Ok, lets set the ship to Cruise Mode to test all systems." Locker spoke to the engineer sitting at his post. The Chief engineer Lieutenant Marek Lovok was in Main Engineering so another engineer was at the bridge station.

"Yes sir, changing to Cruise Mode, condition green..." the officer replied.

Locker looked around for a moment, everything seemed to be going alright but he knew he had to stick to protocol. Locker decided to make his way to his ready room where he could view the reports that were in urgent need of attention. Locker also wanted to organize the changing around of the Chief Engineers Office on deck 16. As Locker stepped into his ready room he made his way to the replicator.

"Coffee, quarter milk, two white sugars and a spoon of condense milk." Locker ordered... The machine instantly made the coffee and Locker took it in his hands and sat down on his chair.

=/\=Computer, set ambient temperature to twenty-three-degrees-Celsius.=/\= He commanded.

=/\=Ambient temperature set to twenty-three-degrees-Celsius.=/\= The computer responded.

=/\= Locker to Lovok, lets begin the Level One Diagnostic. I believe this will take several hours to complete? =/\= Locker communicated.

TAG: Lovok
USS Majesty
Deck 2 Corridor Outside Captain's Quarters
22:33

The ambient sound of the Majesty had returned to almost silence, Callum stopped and listened for a few seconds, pausing with his index finger on the first digit of his access code to unlock his doors.

The Majesty's core had only been shutdown a few minutes prior, the core had been taken offline to apply a few bug fixes that were discovered during the warp test just conducted, but already the Commodore missed the sound of the engine "Deep space exploration....that's what I'd like, just for a few months.  Somewhere no ones ever been" he thought silently to himself as he remembered back to days gone by and previous missions.

"Cap...Comm...Sir" Called a nervous voice from behind him, awakening him from his day dream.

Callum turned, noticed the officer wore only one pip on his collar "At ease Ensign, you look like your about to strain something"

The officer relaxed slightly, but said nothing, Callum looked around awkwardly "Was there something you wanted?" Callum asked

The Officer held out a PADD "Ship Status report, Sir, everything is ship shape and ready to go on your order" the ensign reported.  Callum took the PADD "I only asked for this less than thirty minutes ago, I didn't expect it until morning" Callum commented as he scanned the first few lines of the report.

"Was the anything else?" Callum asked after seeing that the ensign had retaken his 'At Attention' posture.

"No Sir" the ensign replied

"Then you're dismissed, ensign" Callum said turning back to his doors to enter his pass code.

Once inside, he locked his doors and headed for the bathroom to get changed.

TAG: Anyone, No One, Everyone
Commodore Callum Jackson,
Commanding Officer USS Majesty.
Fleet Chief of Operations
Taskforce 169 Commanding Officer
STARBASE THRINACIA
Admiral’s Quarters
0500 hours

Despite the continual humdrum and buzzing of worker bees passing the windows, the Admiral had in fact managed to get some sleep after settling himself down for the night. It wasn’t the noise that had been a hindrance, as there was none; it was the continual sight of the various small craft manoeuvring by as they carried out task upon task. As much as the refit was well overdue, and Thrinacia sure as hell deserved it, it was becoming more and more of a problem while the work was carried out. As the computer chirped and repeated the time, Steve managed to slowly open his eyelids; it was like being a child again – being woken at some ungodly hour by his mother after what would have felt like the best night’s sleep of his life. However, he knew all too well that wasn’t the case. With the plans and preparation that had been undertaken for Aurora Colony over the past several weeks it had meant that sleep had been a luxury. So much had been brought onto the table for this Colony that Steve hadn’t been able to allow himself much time for rest and relaxation.

He made a mental note to take some shore leave on his return to Thrinacia.

“Computer, cease alarm!” Steve called out, groaning as he stuffed his face into his pillow, peering out over the top of it with his eyes to spy the picture of his daughter on the bedside table. “Don’t give me that look – just you wait till you’re in my position.” He murmured, to the picture obviously.

Eventually the Fleet Commander had managed to drag himself from his pit, thrown himself through the door and stood inside the sonic shower. Just what he needed – the sonic waves pulsed soothingly, waking his joints, his muscles, his mind. This did, unfortunately, mean he spent another 5 minutes longer in there, enjoying the pleasant pulses of the unit. Luckily he over-planned his arrivals and it didn’t mean he had to rush when finishing. Having left the shower unit behind, the Admiral now stood in his bedroom once more, looking at himself in the mirror as he donned the final piece to his outfit – his rank pips. Today was the day the new uniform requirements had been issued, and Steve had very carefully taken the uniform from the replicator as directed and pulled on the black trousers, followed by the Admiralty top which was dressed with a golden trim along the edges of the single band of command yellow around his wrist, similarly so a golden trim to the collar and adorning the edges of the command red strip across the chest.

“Ok, so the Tailors at HQ didn’t do such a bad job this time.” Steve nodded, speaking to himself as he looked himself over again, his hands resting on the new belt around his waist. The gold buckle felt cold to his skin, a clear sign this was the first time he had worn it straight from the replicator, making the Admiral look down at the Federation emblem at his waist. This new colony was sure to be a step forward for the Federation – a new base of operations in another galaxy entirely, who knew what allies they would come across while there? The Admiral felt a cool tingle to the back of his neck… And not necessarily allies… Emma and her team had better be careful. He looked back up again, nodding once more at his reflection before checking the time showing on his desk; 0617 hours.
0800 was the launch and by now all the Command Teams should be finalising their prep; Commander Locker was to head up personnel bringing equipment through the small personnel gateway on the Gateway Control Station, with Commodore Jackson heading up the task from the Majesty. It had been a last minute decision that while the Majesty was here, and the larger Gateway was showing a clear link to orbit of Aurora, that a starship would be suited to aid in the documenting of Aurora’s planetary data and the Majesty was to come through too, but making sure she came through with the last of the supplies.

“And according to Callum’s report, she’s good to go.” Steve said aloud again, having walked to his desk and picked up a PADD. “Her warp flight and shakedown went swimmingly.” Which now meant that there was very little to do. Draco was ahead already, having left at 2300 hours with his teams to aid John, and Emma should be raring to head through upon Steve’s arrival to the Gateway Control Station. His first destination of the day.

GATEWAY CONTROL STATION
Transporter Room
0715 hours

The timer on the transporter operator’s station ticked over onto 0715 at the precise moment that Admiral Malloway dematerialised, leaving the superior standing just as he had on the sending end’s pad – stood with his hands clasped behind his back, and his posture one of a commanding nature. A smile soon snuck onto Steve’s lips as he stepped forward but did not walk from the pad as his gaze met the Station’s Commander stood before him; Commander Jezebel from the briefing.

“Permission to come aboard, Commander?”

“Granted,” came the reply as she gestured with her arm for the Admiral to step from the pad and begin to walk with her from the room, “welcome aboard, Sir. You’ll be pleased to know we’re on schedule for completion of transfer of supplies and personnel for the initial phase.”

“No glitches? That’s a first.”

“Well, I wouldn’t say ‘no’ glitches, Sir… I had a problem with my toothbrush this morning, but that’s besides the point…”

The Admiral snuck a glance to the Commander with an amused raising of his eyebrow as he chuckled. “Well, Commander, so far I haven’t noticed an odd smell on your breathe just yet so I wouldn’t worry about that.”

GATEWAY CONTROL STATION
Gateway Control Room
0720 hours

With an almost silent shwoosh the doors to the Gateway Control Room opened, and the Admiral noticed just how far behind the times Thrinacia must have been in comparison by judging the consoles and screens used aboard the Fleet’s more recent facility. Perhaps Thrinacia wouldn’t be what she used to after the refit? I hope not. Steve thought to himself, shrugging off the thought as he concentrated on the scene before him.

“Commander, contact Commander Locker down in the Gateway Room and inform him that myself and Rear Admiral Wilkinson are aboard.” Steve instructed as he came to stand by Emma who by the looks of it had been concentrating on something different. He didn’t disturb her, after all this was her baby here and she no doubt had her mind on matters she needed to get attended to. He nodded as Commander Jezebel informed him she had sent the detail to Des, then walking around the main room himself to watch the various officers present.

TAG: ALL, lets get through the Gateway!
Admiral Steve Malloway
Commanding Officer, USS Eagle
Joint Fleet Commanding Officer, Starfleet Strategic Response Fleet

Training and Personnel Developments Director, and Internal Verifier
USS Majesty
Deck 39 - Cargo Bay 8
0730 Hrs

Callum had been up for a couple of hours already, he'd been slowly walking through the ship, ensuring everything was ready to go whilst he performed a pre-launch inspection.  So far he'd found that nearly every department and deck were all set and ready to go.

The newly donned Commodore was quite enjoying the inspection, having spent the last several months roaming the ship only to find he had to turn back due to a system fault or just find himself alone somewhere as most of the crew was on shore leave, today was completely different, he had an access all areas pass and the ship was buzzing with activity.  Though Callum had advised the crew that the mission was a volunteer only, due to the larger gate not having been tested as much, only one of his crew members was absent and this was due to a prior Academy commitment.

The Majesty's systems had definitely been upgraded, Callum had only just finished reading the notes on the new systems, but had picked up the basics pretty quickly, the LCARS had been updated with a more sleeker version, this had come with a world of bugs and glitches that had spent at least a solid month of debugging to resolve.  The Majesty had a more modern feel about it, which Callum both liked and disliked, nothing aboard had been left untouched, even the paint on the walls was a different shade of grey.

"Who'd have thought, to qualify for a refit you just have to nearly blow up your ship whilst transporting flag officers" Callum thought to himself.

Whilst admiring the work that had been done on the Majesty, Callum wondered into Cargo Bay 8.

"Sir, step back!" an officer advised.

Callum took a few steps back, as he did 3 cargo containers materialised where he was stood.  "Sorry Sir, we're using the cargo transporters to get everything in place and secured faster"

"No Problem Chief, I probably shouldn't have walked onto the area that's marked 'Keep Clear'" Callum said with a smile as he looked around the cargo bay that was once empty, but that now had containers piled high  "How much more have we got to take on board?" Callum asked as he was trying to find the correct section on his PADD that had this info.

"Last few containers are being beamed aboard now, they'll be put in cargo bay 9.  We should have everything secured within 15 minutes" the Quartermaster reported

"Very good" Callum said as he made a note on his PADD.  "Report to Commander Hurt on the bridge once everything is secured and ready to go" Callum said before leaving the cargo bay.

Finding the nearest turbo lift, he ordered it to take him to deck 37.

Deck 37 - Main Engineering
07:35

This was to be Callum's last stop before heading back to the bridge to begin the pre-flight.

"Where's the Chief?" he asked a nearby officer, who pointed the Commodore in the correct direction.

"Lieutenant" he called out as he walked over to the officer "How goes the prep down here?" Callum asked as he glanced over to the core, that was brought online again about 30 minutes ago, the Majesty was running solely on it's own power now.

TAG: Gregrez, ALL.
GATEWAY CONTROL STATION
Gateway Room
0720 hours

Locker had been in the Gateway room for the last fifteen minutes awaiting the go-a-head to go through the gate. His new uniform fit him perfectly. Des thought to himself that it was a "unique" uniform as never before has a CO uniform had a white section. In a way, it suited the Commander. His favorite colour was of course, white.

Locker looked at the gate and at his team he was leading. All equipped with scientific equipment and a couple of phasers. Des, of course, had his own personal phaser. Although this was a supposedly peaceful mission, no one really knew what to expect. Des was a little unsure about his role and mission parameters as the info he received seemed vague. He was hoping he'd get a briefing or at least a PADD with some extra info. Nevertheless, he was ready and willing. 

His team seemed nervous and he could sense their emotions. Having been a counselor in the past, he was familiar with handling their emotions. He sat down next to a particular individual and started to talk to her, encouraging her to smile and just let go.

=/\=Bleep bleep=/\= Lockers PADD sounded. He looked at the PADD and noticed a message had come through. It was to inform that the Malloway and Wilkinson were onboard.

"Oh good..." Locker smiled. "It looks like its just about time to go through."

TAG: Anyone
USS Majesty
Main Engineering - Deck 37
0735 hours

"Mmm." The Chief ordered, his gaze scanning over the PADD in his hands. True enough, the warp test flight had gone well for the ship, and everything checked out just fine, but something was nagging the Chief. Something always nagged the Chief. Even now, he couldnt recall turning his sonic shower despite having gone back to check anyways.

His finger tapped several codes into the PADD and he handed it back to the Ensign. "Granted, begin prep... but keep an eye on those readouts just to be sure."

"Aye, Sir." The Junior replied, turning on his heels to head on over to one of the workstations around the core.

Michael smiled. It was satisfying to see his teams so concentrated on just a simple start-up. If they were this dedicated now, then god knows what they'd be able to pull off under pressure... perhaps a set of drills in the holodecks for various teams would be in order. A sly grin worked the Engineers lips up.

"Lieutenant" Michael turned his head at the sound of the CO walking over and calling out. "How goes the prep down here?" Callum asked as he glanced over to the core, that was brought online again about 30 minutes ago, the Majesty was running solely on it's own power now.

"Sir, all ready and raring." Michael replied, looking up at the core himself. "And looking mighty gorgeous as always, she is too." He added, looking back to his superior. "I've got teams completing final prepwork, we're ready as soon as you give the word, Sir. That colony out there will be glad to have the Majesty watching over her."

TAG: Señor Callum
Lieutenant Commander Michael Gregrez
(note: rank in image out of date, due to be amended)
USS Majesty
Main Engineering - Deck 37
07:37

Whilst the two officers conversed, the Majesty continued to undergo final preparations for it's imminent launch.  The crew had all bored the night before, starbase personnel had finished of their work before the Majesty's brief shakedown, the only non Majesty personnel still aboard were now finding their ways to transporter rooms or the docking ports to report back to the Starbase.

Majesty's department heads throughout the ship were going through their checklists, ensuring their departments were ready for launch.

Two inspection crafts were now leaving the Majesty's vicinity after completing their final external inspection.  With nothing to report, no problems externally or internally, Majesty was green across the board for launch.

All docking peers had been retracted and doors sealed, all but port 3, starbase personnel were still filing out through there.

Callum noticed the power usage rising on a nearby console, indicating that the primary systems were slowly being brought back up to full power.

Quote:"Sir, all ready and raring." Michael replied, looking up at the core himself. "And looking mighty gorgeous as always, she is too." He added, looking back to his superior. "I've got teams completing final prepwork, we're ready as soon as you give the word, Sir. That colony out there will be glad to have the Majesty watching over her."

Looking at the Lieutenant, Callum smiled "I'm sure they'll be glad we're there, but they'll definitely be envious" he said with a chuckle "we've got nice warm, dry, and bug free quarters after all" he continued.

Callum paused for a second, placed his hands behind his back and spoke "Plan is to power up to full power in about 10-15 minutes, we'll depart the stabase around that time also, I then plan to have a few minutes to hold near the gate, double check our systems, confirm the established wormhole isn't going to take us somewhere we don't want to be.  Once verified and cleared to do so, we'll head on through" Callum said, thinking about the many possibilities that the wormhole could lead to somewhere far far away from Aurora, though it mainly stuck to the same place, Callum had heard of a few reports of the wormhole leading to other locations, without another gate to lock onto the other end, it's pretty random as to where they'll end up.  "I'll call you shortly before we power up, I would, however, like you to remain down here whilst we're in the wormhole, I'd just feel better if you were here, just in case" Callum continued.

"Unless there's anything you need of me, I should head on up to Bridge" Callum asked as his peripheral vision caught a console flashing the time nearby.

TAG: Gregrez, DJ, Majesty Crew, EVERYONE!!!
Gate Control and Operations
2255 HRS

Draco paced as he waited for the last of the ground teams to arrive nearing the end of the line was Col. Wiseman. He was sure the Col was only delayed in his arrival due to preparing for the mission at hand, but today was as good a day as any to ruffle the Marine's feathers.

" Wiseman Stand to" Barked Draco in a firm voice.

With the percision that only a well trained marine could show the Col stood before Draco, snapped a salute.

"Col Falcon Wiseman Reporting as ordered Sir. "

Draco returned the salute and motioned for the Col to atease.

"Are we ready to go Falcon? I am sure that the pilots are. "

" Aye Sir. I have already talked with Ms. Targus and worked out an overwatch pattern that will allow us to cover the most area possible in the shortest time."

" Very good. Well as soon as Tango one reports ready I would like for you to take point as we go through. "

Before Falcon could replay a young private chimed in. " Excuse me sirs, but Tango one is reporting on station and ready to procede when we are"

Draco nodded and motioned for Falcon to move to the lead position

With a tap of his combadge he opened a channel =^= All personal in the next few moments we will be embarking on one of the grandest adventures of our lives. Be safe, remember your orders and training. Tango one you have point as the gate way opens. ground teams will follow Targus Clear. =^= and as quickly as he opened the channel he closed it. and with point of his finger he ordered the gate to be opened.

in the control room the light become blinding as the opening on the flashed bright white then stayed as steady glow of swirling red wonder.

" Admiral, Tango One has arrived of the far side. " and with that being said Falcon walked through the event horizon and disappeared.

TAG: ALL

OOC: I believe the rest of the fleet will be coming around 0600 hrs. All pilots and Marine/Hazard as on this trip.