Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..."
GATEWAY CONTROL STATION
Main Control Room
1504 hours

As always at present the room was pretty empty. The advancements in the Gateway Control Technology had been minimal since the control of the passage was deemed complete and stable. Well, stable enough for 99% of missions and usage; they'd found the gateway was unstable on approximately 2 of the tests out of the near 130 they had completed. Admiral Malloway had been specific he wanted the project to be flawless before he permitted constant use by any of his officers, or even their ships.

And now, that dream had become reality. Nearly 5 months ago when the report on the latest, and current, state of the gateway was submitted he was happy enough to allow the project to go live. No longer was it a highly classified archive throughout Starfleet, but now instead the successful implementation of the technology and all to do with it was public. Obviously save for the schematics and actual mission reports, but you get the general idea. The only down-side was that since this project became active Admiral Malloway had deemed missions would only undergo at the discretion of Commanding Officers... and to date, none had risked their ship and crew. And so, the Control Station was on minimal power, and minimal personnel. Well... all but one area. But for some reason that section had remained classified to Rear Admiral rank or higher, and only to those within the Starfleet Strategic Response.

Ah, the SSRF; the re-named UFPDF as she used to be. They'd been under this newly activated mandate now for nearly 14 months, and so much had changed. No longer was the Fleet a Defensive regime, she was both that and Strategic in manner. Terrorism within the Federation had increased, and the previous tension with the Klingon Empire was nowhere near a peaceful end; if anything it hadn't gotten any better and the rest of the Federation was beginning to suffer because of it. Last anyone knew the Federation was attempting to negotiate with the Klingons to involve them in the Gateway Project as a form of an olive branch. But so far that was merely rumour and speculation. Besides, the Klingons were warriors not explorers! But still, the SSRF carried on as she was needed; Vice Admiral Morgan was now a full Admiral and shared the Joint Fleet Command position with Admiral Malloway and with that Admiral Targus had moved up to accept the Fleet Executive Officer role, and Commodore Wilkinson had accepted a promotion to Rear Admiral too. The Fleet itself had been re-managed too; seeing Taskforce 354 transferred to another Fleet within the Federation and Taskforce 169 opened within SSRF; commanded by Mr Jackson, now in rank at Fleet Captain and had been for nearly 7 months now. Thrinacia, the Fleet's base of operations and situated not far from the Gateway Control Station, was also currently undergoing upgrade; a good thing too as she had been due one for several years and the attack by the Cardassians over 2 years ago when the Control Station was first activated had made that need ever-more obvious.

But yet while so much had happened; there was so little to do, as Lieutenant Junior Grade Phillip Topham sat back in his chair and interlaced his fingers behind his head, his gaze looking out of the porthole above his station. He could just about make out the small dot that was Thrinacia some way off, orbiting Salon IV.

“Lieutenant…?”

Phillip jumped slightly, startled by the sudden voice breaking the silence of what felt like a cold room, but merely an empty one. “Apologies, Commander.”

The Commander chuckled slightly. “No need to apologise, I suppose at the moment, we do have very little to do… Just don’t get used to it, I hear tell tale of a meeting this evening of the Senior Staff.” With that, the Commander said nothing more, merely winking to an intrigued-looking Phillip.

STARBASE THRINACIA
Commanding Officer’s Office, Operations Deck
1507 hours

“Computer, confirmation report on Senior Staff meeting schedule.”

Meeting Schedule invitation confirmed as submitted to all personnel; Admiral Morgan, Admiral Targus, Rear Admiral Wilkinson, Fleet Captain Jackson,  all Commanding Officers within the Fleet, and all Executive Officers. Confirmed submittance also to Commander Jezebel of Gateway Control.

Steve sat back onto the couch in his office, swinging his feet up to stretch out a little, a warm mug of coffee in one hand and a PADD in the other. “Excellent. Send reminder to all participants the meeting will begin promptly at 1800 hours in Conference Room Alpha. And remind all Taskforce Commanding Officers to make sure their COs and XOs attend.” The computer chirped in her usual affirmative tone.

The Admiral glanced to the window within his office, looking out across the mass of space at the stars beyond, his vision only slightly obscured by the steam whisping up infront of his face from the mug as he drank some of the beverage. The coffee flavouring swirled within his throat pleasingly, a welcome feeling. His eyes looked from the closer stars individually on to the Gateway Control Beacon and a smile crept over his lips. ’Bout time we got that thing on the go…

TAG: ALL
Admiral Steve Malloway
Commanding Officer, USS Eagle
Joint Fleet Commanding Officer, Starfleet Strategic Response Fleet

Training and Personnel Developments Director, and Internal Verifier
USS Majesty - Docked with Starbase Thrinacia
Captains Ready Room
15:07 Hrs

The Majesty had been docked with Thrinacia for a few months now, after the tragic events of the Majesty's last mission she was badly damaged.  Her core had been dumped a few hours after the shockwave impacted the Majesty.  Unfortunately in ejecting the core the crew were stuck with impulse drive and no communications.  With the UFPDF's flag officers aboard, the Majesty set a course for the arranged rendezvous point in the Beta Meridion system at full impulse power.  It would take them several weeks to get there.  Luckily the Enterprise, also attending the conference, began looking for the Majesty, it took the Enterprise a week to find them, by that time the crew had got short range communications back online.

The Enterprise towed the Majesty back to Thrinacia where she has remained ever since for a refit.  The refit process had been slow, though the Majesty crew got a six month leave, when they returned very little progress had been made due to other priorities.  Now, just under 24 months, the Majesty was ready for her launch, again.  Throughout this time the crew mostly helped out around Thrinacia whenever they could, but things lately had been slow, though Callum was grateful for the rest, the first day, by the second he was ready to once again get among the stars.

The chair creaked as Callum lent further back. Re-reading the days progress report Callum's mind began to drift "Sir, the starboard injector isn't responding" an Engineer reported "I don't have anyone who can go check it out, they're all dealing with other problems around the ship" the engineer continued "that shockwaves done more damage than we thought" the engineer concluded.
"Commander" Callum said "Go check it out"
"Aye Sir" replied the Lieutenant Commander sat in the chair to Callum's right, Lieutenant Commander Spruance.

Callum was suddenly brought back to reality by the computer *Senior Staff Meeting in fifty minutes*
Callum inhaled sharply as the announcement startled him "I hope it's some kind of mission announcement" Callum said to himself.

He walked up to the replicator delicately throwing the PADD onto his desk as he passed, he stood by the replicator for a minute "What do you recommend?" Callum asked.
*Please restart your order* the computer replied
"Of course" Callum said with a smile then paused "actually, forget it.  I'll freshen up before the meeting in my quarters" Callum said "Why am I talking to my replicator?? Callum asked himself as he walked away.

Main Bridge - Deck One

Callum stepped out onto the Bridge.  The bridge now had two extra stations, one starboard and one port. Starboard being science and port being communications.

"Ch'Amok, let Commander Hurt know the ship is his when he gets back, I've got a meeting to attend on Thrinacia" Callum said has he walked passed the command well, somewhere the Captain hadn't recently spent much time.
"Aye Sir.  I hope the meetings about arranging some sea leave, shore leave gets boring after the 12th month" Ch'Amok replied.  The bridge had become extremely relaxed over the previous months, something Callum wanted to change.
"As do I.  Please inform the crew that full uniforms should be worn when on duty" Callum commented as his eye caught a science officer who was only wearing a blue shirt, at least they were wearing regulations trousers.
"Aye Sir" Ch'Amok replied

Callum stepped into the turbo lift.

Captain's Quarters - Deck Two

"Coffee, milk two sugars" Callum said as he walked up to his replicator in his quarters.  As it materialised he set about making himself look presentable, over the last few months he had grown a goatee and mustache, which he now set about trimming and tidying.

TAG: Replicator.....ALL.
Commodore Callum Jackson,
Commanding Officer USS Majesty.
Fleet Chief of Operations
Taskforce 169 Commanding Officer
USS Firebrand - Docked with Starbase Thrinacia
Captains Ready Room
15:00 Hrs

Lt Commander Desmond Locker was reading his PADD of personnel assigned under his command... The Firebrand was Sovereign Class starship that was been refitted to a new model identical to the Enterprise E. Although Locker was still undergoing training for command, he was still responsible for his ship. Starfleet had great plans for the Firebrand and her crew.

At present the Firebrand only had a skeleton crew and was docked in the starbase. She was beautiful. All Sovereign Class starships are. But Locker had unique feelings for his ship naturally.

Locker realized that there was a meeting to take place soon with Admiral Malloway and other senior staff but he was unsure of who his XO would be.

Locker stood up from his desk chair and made his way to the bridge. As the bridge door opened he was half blinded by the illuminating lights, Locker had set his ready room to a dim ambient light. Locker walked up to the command chair and pressed a button on the arm rest.

=/\= Firebrand to Captain Jackson, please respond... =/\= Locker waited... But he could hear an unusual static sound in the comms...

"Engineer, are the comms down?" Locker asked.

"Yes sir, we are upgrading them. They will be back momentarily." The engineer responded

"Understood. Will my comm badge reach the Majesty by any chance?" Locker inquired.

"Unlikely sir, communication traffic is high at the moment. May I suggest using the transporters?" The engineer suggested.

"No, the Majesty is also busy with their transporters, I'll have to go through the docking port, since no one else is on board yet, I guess you have the bridge." Locker said calmly with a short sigh.

Locker made his way out the Firebrand, through the starbase and entered the Majesty through the docking port. The Majesty was far more busy than the Firebrand. Locker made his way to the Majesty bridge. As Locker entered the bridge of the Majesty he asked one of the officers where Captain Jackson is.

"He went back to his quarters two minutes ago, you just missed him." Locker sighed and made his way to Jackson's quarters.

Locker pressed the doorbell button by Captain Jackson's quarters and waited.

TAG: CAPTAIN JACKSON, All
STARBASE THRINACIA
Quarters
14.00hrs

Emma sat at her desk with a PADD in one hand, typing with the other. She paused to sip her orange juice and pinched the bridge of her nose in order to release some of the tension building behind her eyes. She had been going through personnel records for going on three hours now, and a headache was starting to build from eye strain. Finishing the section she had been working on she checked the time and with a groan, downed her remaining juice and put the PADD down. She had six hours before the meeting, and wanted to freshen up before-hand and meet up with the Admiral.

Pulling the band from her hair, she walked into the bathroom and started the shower, stepping under the spray with a sigh as she let the heat sooth her sore muscles from sitting so long. She was more the active type, and there hadn’t been nearly enough to do recently for her taste. She smiled as she realised that was all about to change soon, and stepped from the shower to get dressed. She was looking forward to her new assignment…the unknown always got her adrenalin pumping, wasn’t that what Starfleet was all about?

Once finished, Emma checked herself in the mirror one last time, eyes glancing at the still too new insignia or rear admiral, putting the grin back in place on her face. She still couldn’t believe it, but she guessed it was kind of right what with their new endeavour. Grabbing her PADD once more from her desk, and checking her messages, ‘Another reminder…really Admiral’ She mumbled and smiled to herself, Malloway always did love sending messages to everyone, she stepped from her quarters and made her way to the Operations deck. Time to check in and dot the last few I’s and cross a few more T’s before the meeting took place.

She reached the Admiral’s office at a quarter past three, so had plenty of time to sort through things and probably have some time to try and unwind before the inevitably intense meeting. Pressing the chime she waited for the inevitable answer

TAG Admiral Malloway.
All.
Rear Admiral Emma Wilkinson
Chief of Staff
Starbase Thrinacia
USS Majesty
Transporter room 1
1509 Hours

The particles coalesced and Will found himself once again on familiar territory.
"Permission to come aboard, Ensign?" He asked as protocol dictated.
"Permission granted, sir," the transporter operator replied. "Welcome home, Commander."
"Thank you," Will smiled slightly, still unused to his new rank.
Stepping off the transporter pad, he left the room and made his way to the nearest turbolift.
"Bridge, please," he told it.
"Hold the lift!"
Will glanced up to see Stanley Cotton hurrying to meet him.
"Will! About time, buddy! We've missed you! How was Starfleet Academy?"
"It was good," Will smiled, shaking his erstwhile roommate's hand. "But it's good to be back. Command training is all very good, but I missed this old girl."
"Congratulations on your new half-pip," Stanley gestured.
Will's hand automatically went to his collar to touch the new addition, which signalled his promotion to Lieutenant Commander.
"Yours too, Stanley. And the commendation."
"Yeah, well," Stanley actually blushed. "They said it was for valour over and above, and all that. I presume you put in a good word...?"
"No, actually, I told them you were a slacker, constantly up to no good, and the sooner you're busted to latrine duty the better for everyone. I see my word goes for nothing round here any more."
The two grinned at each other a bit longer.
"So, I gather there's a number of changes..."
"Yes," Stanley told him. "You need a new deputy, for one thing. All the others got too good under you and got promoted and transferred to operational ships."
"Really? That sucks."
"For you, not them. Last I heard, they were all doing well. Not missing you at all."
"Yeah, thanks for that..."
"Anyway, the Captain's on board, and I've kept things ticking over for you.."
"Good. In that case, it's about time you stepped up and earned your pay. You're my new deputy."
"I was also thinking... hey! What? But I don't..."
"I know, but I disagree. You'll be perfect. I'll clear it with the Captain Jackson. Get used to it."
"First decent option comes along, I'm handing it back."
"Whatever."

Bridge
1511 Hours

Lt ch'Amok glanced up as the turbolift doors opened, then did a double take as she saw who stood there. The Andorian got to her feet and approached Will. Her antennae were alive with joy, although Will sensed it from the happiness rolling off her.
"Commander! Looks like my guardian angel is back at last."
Stanley discreetly made his way round to the tactical station, although Will felt another kind of emotion coming from him, and flashed him an irritated scowl, which only elicited a laugh from his friend.
"Seems everyone's being promoted round here," Will nodded to the new pip on ch'Amok's collar. "Full Lieutenant. Third Officer?"
"Sort of," she said. "Until things settle down, I've inherited the position from you. Actually, while you were away, I was temporarily assigned as Second Officer. A high calling indeed!"
"You'll go far, I'm sure," Will dead-panned.
"Naturally, holding down your position while you go gallivanting off to Command School makes a girl thirsty, you know. You owe me a drink."
"Shouldn't that be the other way round?"
"We can work that out later. Over drinks."
"Deal. I heard the captain's aboard...?"
"Oh, you just missed him. He's in his quarters. There's a big meeting in just under three hours, so you should have time to catch him before then."
"Thanks," Will said, and turned to leave.
"What time should I expect you, then, Commander?"
He turned.
"For drinks?" she clarified.
"How about I swing by your quarters about 2100 hours and we'll take it from there?"
"Perfect," ch'Amok replied, and returned to the centre seat. Will glanced at Stanley, but he was studiously avoiding his attention. The smirk said it all, though.
=/\= Angel to Jackson. I'm back on board and awaiting orders, sir. =/\=
Then he stepped back into the turbolift.

TAG: All
OUTPOST MIDWAY
Tagn System
1000 HRS
Starfighter Operational Control Center Beta.

Draco walked through Ops as he had done many times before. The feel of the deck plating under his step and the slight shutter of the room was quiet a bit painful. It had been three years sence the last battle witht eh Draconian Empire. The Station took heavy losses and the damage was so great that Starfleet, on his suggestion decided to scrap the station. The process of bringing this lonely giant down had taken two years and this was to be her last day. Draco just wanted one more walk through before the awaiting ships destroyed her.

" EXcuse me Admiral." announced and old Master Chief as snapped to attention. "Rear Admiral Moorehead reports that all systems have been cleared and that the 205th Tactical Operations Division is ready when you are. "

Draco turned to face the Chief and in a attempt to hold his emotion tapped his combadge as he nodded.

=^=Admiral Targus to USS Indiana. Two to beam aboard.=^=

In a flash of light Draco left his beloved station one last time and materilized on the bridge of the USS Indiana.

" Michael" He acknowladged as he extended his hand to greet an old friend.

"Draco" Replied RADM Moorehead as he shook his friends outreached hand. " Bloody shame my friend. she was a fine station and in my opinion the crown jewel of the starfighter division. . "

" Aye She was Mike. When you are ready lets put this old girl to bed and get on to 14th Fleet."

" Aye Sir" Retorted Moorehead as he turned to the Commander at the tactical position. " Signal all craft to lock on and stand by for orders from Admiral Targus."

" Aye Sir. All stations report ready and standing by. Admiral You have the controls." Replied the Commander with a nod to Draco.

To Be Completed. Those of Yankees are on a holiday today.
USS Majesty
Transporter room 1
1530 Hours

As commander hurt steped off of the pad he looked around at the ship that he had grown into as the new xo he was going to be in charge of making sure things were running well so the caption could focus on what ever it was that he needed to do. he smiled at the Ensign behind the controls  "Permission to come aboard, Ensign?" He asked
"Permission granted, sir," the transporter operator replied. he then headed to the turbo lift and said "bridge please" as the doors swooshed shut.

Bridge

the commander took a quick look around the bridge as he stepped off the turbo lift and saw just a few people on duty "must be a small crew right now" he thought to him self he saw that commander Angel was standing near the command chair talking with an Andorian he recognized as Lt ch'Amok so commander hurt walked over to the pair and waited until they had finished talking before addressing will "welcome back Commander" he said putting a strong C on commander "did you enjoy your time at the command school?" he asked trying to make idle conversation because they both knew the pair had seen each other many times at the school.
Lt ch'Amok chimed in before the commander could and said " the caption said that you were to have the bridge when you got back on board sir" dj looked at her and smiled saying " alright I have the bridge, thank you LT"  he took a quick look around the room before sitting in the command chair and starting a message to the caption explaining that he was back on the ship and had taken the bridge command from the lt.

TAG:ALL

Commander DJ Hurt
Executive Officer USS Majesty
USS Majesty
USS Majesty
Bridge
1530 Hours

As he stepped towards the turbolift, Will was aware of his immediate superior, Commander Hurt, having appeared on the bridge.
"Welcome back, Commander," the ship's new XO said. "Did you enjoy your time at the command school?"
Will smiled. He knew as well as DJ did that they'd both met many times during the last year. This was simply a show of cameraderie for the sake of the crew. It made tactical sense; crew morale was improved exponentially when they knew their commanding officers were on good terms with each other.
Lt ch'Amok approached the two officers and spoke to DJ before Will could reply. "The captain said that you were to have the bridge when you got back on board, sir. The bridge is yours."
"Alright, I have the bridge, thank you, Lieutenant," DJ acknowledged, heading for the centre seat, while ch'Amok relieved the ensign on Conn and set to monitoring that station.
"I did enjoy it, thank you, sir," Will answered finally, matching DJ's own formal tone. "I've learned a lot in the last year, and look forward to my new role."
With the conversation coming to a natural conclusion, DJ turned his attention to his duty, and Will continued on his original course, leaving the bridge.

USS MAJESTY
Main Engineering
1520 hours

"Damn Starbase Engineers!!!!!!" Was pretty much all that could be heard over the last several months, emanating from the Chief Engineer's lips. And this instance was no different.

The refit was causing problem after problem these days, especially with it having taken the best part of 2 years to complete. It was no so close to completion but yet there was always something, and Michael put that down to the Engineers who were here to 'oversee' the work.

"Sir," An Ensign started, "calm yourself, remember the last time you let things get to you?"

"Aye, Ensign, you're right. But that doesn't excuse the mess that ruddy lot are causing over here. I tell ya, if our teams here had just been left to do it ourselves, we'd have been so much better off. But nooooo, Mr-Admiral-Malloway-Sir thinks otherwise..." Michael walked away from the Ensign, his fists clenched as he continued to mumble obscenities under his breath.

He stopped by the central Engineering table, and leant on the edges in order to calm his breathing. It was true; the last time he'd 'let off steam' he found himself answering to several Superiors. And his fist had needed a trip to Sickbay. But, ah well, alls well that ends well; that was over 6 months ago, and since then Michael had learnt to step back. Afterall, if it wasn't his fault then he could simply allow the ball of guilt to roll from the feet of the Starbase lot.

"Ensign, collate a list of latest Replicator malfunctions, as few as there probably are, and get them to me stat. I feel it's time I did some TLC on the ol' gal, away from the refit."

TAG: ALL
Lieutenant Commander Michael Gregrez
(note: rank in image out of date, due to be amended)
USS Majesty
Deck 2
Chief Security/Tactical Officer's Quarters
1535 Hours

It was good to be back in his old quarters after so long at Command School. Of course it had been necessary; neither he nor DJ were from Command Branch, but their respective duties would doubtless require them to take command of the ship at some point, and there was a difference between leading a department and leading an entire starship crew.
And there was a difference between taking orders from the captain of a ship and giving orders as captain of the ship!
Will had grown into his role, thrust upon him due to the ravages of war, and had proven himself in his current position. He was a leader, for sure, but those under him were trained in security measures and small unit tactics. Command School had given him a grounding in total leadership that seemed to come so naturally to Callum Jackson and James Spruance.
Ah, Commander Spruance. Will still felt the spike of emotion that had hit him all the way from Deck 31 that day. And then nothing. There was no body, but they hadn't really expected to find one. The obvious conclusion was the only reasonable one. The science and engineering teams had fought against a tide of logic to find some evidence of temporal dislocation, some sign to give them hope that he'd survived. Sometimes, Will woke in the night with the certainty that he had, Spruance's emotions echoing in the empty dark, but that was all they were: echoes. Spruance had been a fine officer, taken before his time. DJ was good, but he had a hard act to follow.
Will sighed and sat at his desk.
"Computer, please open a message to Lt jg Two Feathers on USS Viking, Lt jg Josiah Brand on USS Kilimanjaro, and Lt jg Nadais Jorim on USS De Vries."
*Message open. Record when ready*
"Thank you. Record. Guys! First of all, congratulations! You've all got what you deserved, and I'm proud of you. I've just got back to Majesty and it feels empty without you. We need to stay in touch, ok? Well, I'm now Second Officer here, and if any of you feel like transferring back, I'll put in a good word with the captain. Until then, play hard but play safe. Oh, and Josiah... I hear Serena's expecting again. You need to focus more on your work, you old dog! Congratulations to you both. Message ends."
*Message closed*
Please send to named recipients.
*Message sent*
"Thank you. Please open service file for Lt jg Stanley Cotton."
*Service file open*
"Please reassign Lt Cotton as Deputy Chief Security/Tactical Officer."
*Reassignment complete*
"Thank you. Please notify Fleet Captain Jackson, Commander Hurt and Lt Cotton of the change in status."
*Notification sent*
"Thank you."
With his duties discharged, Will took a look around his quarters. Time to move my stuff back in, he thought.