Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..."
Starbase Thrinacia
1755 Hrs
As dj was walking down the hallway his pad buzzed in his hand, he read the message from the caption and he started to walk faster himself. "Darn it I forgot about that meeting" he muttered to him self pulling down on his uniform coat and brushing off some imaginary dust.
Dj didn't see anyone waiting in the hall that he knew there was one guard that asked him for his ID "they are waiting for you sir" he said opening the door to let Dj walk through.
Seeing callum sitting on the far side of the table he walked over to join him " hello sir" he said to both men
Commander DJ Hurt
Executive Officer USS Majesty
USS Majesty
STARBASE THRINACIA
Conference Room
1759 hours

Steve had continued over the last several minutes to do his usual - double check everything was there. The last thing any Commander wanted was to be short on what he needed infront of a Fleet's-worth of Commanding Officers under his jurisdiction. He had also been presented with another PADD during these moments too - a note from Admiral Morgan on subspace confirming everything was 'slowly getting there' on his end. What was about to happen was a huge undertaking, it was expected there were bound to be things that would fall behind. So, at this stage, Steve wasnt so worried. Yet.

"Sir." Steve looked up as he was addressed, noticing Fleet Captain Jackson be the first to arrive and move towards his seat.

"Ah, Mr Jackson, welcome." Steve greeted, placing the PADD down from in his hands onto the top of the podium at the front of the long table awaiting the remaining occupants. Quite a number of occupants too, seeing as it would average 2 officers each from nearly 20 ships within the SSRF. "While I remember, Admiral Targus and I need a word before you depart after the conference." As he finished, the Admiral noticed DJ, Callum's XO, enter and left the two to converse while the remaining officers began to file on in.

A whole stream at once, as though the whole lot of them arranged to arrive together. At bang on time too. Amongst them was Commander Jezebel who made her way to the front with the Admiral, and handed him a PADD. "Admiral, latest figures from the por- from the station project." She started. "In the last 72 hours we've had no power fluctuations so should be all good to go as planned."

Steve nodded in thanks, gesturing to her seat for her to occupy just as the other COs and XOs began to sit and prepare for the start.

TAG: ALL
Admiral Steve Malloway
Commanding Officer, USS Eagle
Joint Fleet Commanding Officer, Starfleet Strategic Response Fleet

Training and Personnel Developments Director, and Internal Verifier
USS Firebrand
Captain's Ready Room
1645 hours

Logan crossed over into the Ready Room, the doors closing behind him with a loud pneumatic hiss. He was not accustomed to being offered a position without a face to face meeting first, so the situation was a trifle awkward. Frankly, given his checkered service history, Logan was surprised that any CO had been willing to take a chance on him. His history of fraternizing with others in his department did not typically sit well with COs; nonetheless, here he was standing in front of his newly minted commanding officer on a brand new vessel. Logan approached the desk and nodded crisply.

"Captain," he said calmly. "Logan Rockwell, reporting for duty as ordered."

Locker stood up and extended his hand... "Welcome on board the USS Firebrand Chief. FYI, I am not a Captain yet." Locker continued, "Commander Grax should be joining us shortly I hope. But in the mean time, I need a full report from you about the status of the Firebrands security. Including weapons on board, staff, preplanned strategies and if possible, full bio's of each member. Have you had a look at the tactical station on the bridge yet?

Locker realized he was sort of rushing this intro into orders already unintentionally.

"One more thing, I expect to see you here sometime within the next week for a proper social dinner. Or perhaps in 89Aft?"

Logan took the offered hand and shook it firmly. He released it, then settled into a relaxed stance with his hands folded behind his back. "My apologies, Sir. I was taught to address all Commanding Officers as Captain regardless of rank. If you order me not to, I will comply. I just see it as a term of respect." He paused briefly, running his left hand through his hair. "I have examined the Bridge Console, yes. Once my security codes are activated, I will configure it to my personal preferences." Logan smiled devilishly. "I'm pulling an
unscheduled inspection of all personnel and Armouries at 1700 today. You will have my report from that no later than 0800 tomorrow morning. And as for the social function...name the time and place and I will be there."

Locker smiled and looked at a PADD on his desk.

"That should be ok, I am wanting a full systems diagnostic started an hour after that. So make sure you have completed your personization by then. As for the social, there is a meeting with Admiral Malloway later, let's decide after that." Locker suggested.

"You haven't seen Commander Grax by any chance?" Locker quaried.

Logan felt the blood drain from his face in an instant. He knew the name Commander Grax..
but that was all. Logan had not taken time yet to review the XO's service dossier. "I apologize Sir...but I would not know the Commander. I have not reviewed her file yet so I have no idea what she looks like."

Locker looked disappointed. But not at his chief of security.

"No worries chief. It has just been one of those days. Chief, I would like you to go over the specs of the weapons system as well. I want to work out an effective pre-set so we can be prepared for anything. Been part of 14th Fleet we need to be prepared. I have a few idea's in mind but need authority authorization from Admiral Malloway first."

Locker heard a bleep coming from his table computer. He turned around quickly and read the scree. It was a message from Admiral Malloway explaining that the stations comms were down and that he would see Locker during the meeting.

"I think for now Chief, carry on with your orders, go through the senior staff manifest so you know everyone. There is a meeting shortly so I expect you to be there with me." Locker ordered in a calm tone despite his annoyance from the days stress. He knew he couldn't ever take his stress out on his crew and he knew he would be able to handle the stresses. But this was still very new to him, been in command of a starship.

"I better head off to the meeting with Admiral Malloway!" Des thought to himeself.

Des made his way to Deck 8 to Transporter Room One.

"Chief, Transport me to the Starbase, get me within walking distance of the meeting location with Admiral Malloway." Locker ordered with a gentle yet assertive tone.

"Yes Captain..." The chief responded.

Des stood on the Transported Pad and within seconds he vanished in a blue stream of light. Transported to the Starbase the CO of the Firebrand found himself only a meter away from the entrance of the meeting room. He entered with boldness not sure what to expect.

TAG: All Firebrand crew who have not yet reported in, report in after the meeting with Malloway.
STARBASE THRINACIA
Enroute to Conference Room
1755 hours

It had been a rather uneventful yet frustrating half hour since leaving the Braveheart. Donald had made his way from the Braveheart across Thrinacia taking a route that felt as though he had travelled from Earth to Mars and back. All these refits and adjusting of the Starbase's interior to update her to her new class of base were causing diversions everywhere. It was no wonder everyone seemed on edge whenever Donald asked for help.

But, still, nevertheless, Donald had found his new assignment well enough... found it, being the prominent descriptor. It then took a further 10 minutes to prove to docking control that he was authorised onboard. It was like trying to fight through a forest of re-growing thorns. First docking control had no authorisation. Then, their superior had none. It had to go all the way through to the Starbase's Ops Deck to check against the Admiral's orders, and even then that was difficult as he was busy prepping the briefing that Donald was now only just about to arrive on time for.

Frustrating didnt cover the Retired Captain's feelings at this point.

Sure enough though, once he had been onboard his new home, he had been able to drop his bags off with next to no hassle. A couple of Ensigns stopped to ask a few questions as they had either heard of McGriff, or knew someone who had. Donald had, for the last nie-on-10-years, Captained a Sovereign Class vessel. It was no surprise the newbies were after a bit of insight. So he did the polite thing to do, stopped, answered, excused himself swiftly yet admirably. Of course, at the mention he was behind schedule for a meeting with the Admiral (granted, it wasn't a one-on-one, but it did the job well enough without their knowing this) the Ensigns let him carry on without further masses of questions and gasps of awe at 'insider-info'.

Donald sighed internally as he approached the doors to the conference room, nodding to the security at the doors who let him in with a nod. Before him was the usual sight, aside for a few well-placed security officers by windows. A large table for all present to sit and be de-briefed. The only difference aside the added security measures (which was odd, Donald noted) was the lack of information issued to those attending. Normally they all had some sort of indication as to where this was due to lead. With a quick scan with his eyes of the room, Donald soon found his new Commanding Officer was present and made his way over, finding his own seat the other side of the CO's XO - placing Donald 2 seats down from the Lieutenant Commander. But, until this XO arrived, Donald merely walked over and inclined his head respectfully to the Lieutenant Commander.

"Lieutenant Commander Locker, I presume? Donald McGriff, I've been assigned by Command as your Mission Advisor." The Retired Captain began, extending his hand to Des.

TAG: Des, anyone
Quote:Captain (Retired) Donald McGriff
STARBASE THRINACIA
Conference Room
1758 hours

Locker knew he couldn't be late for this meeting. It was highly important that he was on time. After all, he was the CO of one of the most advanced starships in the fleet. Shortly before he left the Firebrand he had noticed that the Braveheart had docked next to the Firebrand. Des was expecting to see his Mission Adviser at the meeting, Retired Captain Donald McGriff. Des was slightly uncomfortable having a former Sovereign Class captain as a Mission Adviser purely due to the fact that he had to basically prove himself.

"Just how much authority will have on board my own ship? Will my crew accept me as their CO? " Locker thought to himself.

Just as Des sat down, he heard his name...

"Lieutenant Commander Locker, I presume? Donald McGriff, I've been assigned by Command as your Mission Advisor." The Retired Captain began, extending his hand to Des.

Des stood up again and extended his hand. He couldn't tell if he had met the retired captain but something seemed very familiar to him. Des could sense McGriff's mixed emotions. The retired captain seems almost confused but then again, almost everyone in that room was feeling the same. Des had to admit that he too was a little confused. He had no idea what this meeting was actually about which is unusual. Under normal circumstances CO's at the very least would be given some information. And it appears none of the CO's or XO's were given any information.

"Captain McGriff, I was expecting you. It is good to finally meet you. I have heard a lot about you and it is an honour to have you join my crew..." Locker replied.

TAG: McGriff, anyone
OOC: Its been so long since I posted I have forgotten what the minimum word count is supposed to be so forgive me if this is short. Big Grin
STARBASE THRINACIA
Conference Room
1801 hours

Donald surveyed the younger officer for a moment, admiring his keen attitude by the way the Lieutenant Commander held himself. To command a Sovereign Class, and a Mark-II at that, was a big under-taking and Donald recalled the feelings of excitement mixed with uncertainty well. It was a thrilling yet odd experience, he recalled, to feel such things at once.

"Heard a lot about me, you say?" Donald smiled somewhat. "That never normally bodes well," he allowed a short chuckle before continuing, "we'll see how much rings true in time. I've read up your file, Lieutenant Commander, you seem a more than capable officer thats for sure. A pleasure to be under your command." The Retired Captain said, taking his seat, 2 down from Des, as the room began to fill quickly now that the final amount of officers were starting to arrive. If it wasnt for the auto-air-con then the room would have begun to feel humid and uncomfortable, but no doubt the Admiral had taken this into account as the temperature and humidity were still sitting at comfortable levels.

TAG: Des, Anyone
Quote:Captain (Retired) Donald McGriff
Risan Atmosphere
Osprey 1
Pack 1 'Risa'
1700hrs

Scott Archer felt the g force press back against him as his ship left the atmosphere of Risa for the last time. The ship was a one man Federation Fighter. The ship was about 15 metres in length. The main body of the fighter was five metres long but the wings either side of the fighter extended out a further 5 meters giving the ship about a 15 meter wing span. The wings contained two sets of high powered pulse phaser cannons. Each wing tip formed the final phaser emitter of an array that expanded all the way a round the edge of the wing. This was linked to yet another array that surrounded the ship. The nose could hold 2 micro photon torpedoes at a time that could be reloaded in a speed of half a millisecond from the store of 100 aboard the fighter. These could be replaced with micro quantum but the industrial replicators in the fighter produced photon torpedoes. Despite a slightly higher damage rating, the quantums just couldn't be replicated.

The fighter used an advanced micro starship warp drive that could take the ship up to speeds approaching warp 9. It.s real engine capability however was the high speed impulse drive. It could hit speeds of 0.71c. The ship could complete a pitch in microseconds.
The interior design had been well done as well. The cockpit was a comfortable space for flying, especially doing ridiculous maneuvers but on the off chance it had to be lived in for a time, the cockpit could extend backwards by a meter to form a more comfortable living space.

Archer was sad to be leaving Risa. It had been a good place to work and he had to admit that he enjoyed providing air support for the ground security services. But like Starfleet had finally agreed, Risa really didn't need a fighter squadron. A new ship, the Majesty did... His pack here had gelled together well extremely well and Starfleet hadn't wanted to break that, so the entire 6 ship squad had been attached to Majesty along with a brand new squad. The squad was flying in an 'A' formation. He formed the point, directly behind him was his wing commander, 1st Lieutenant Thara Assar. She didn't know it yet but she was going to wing command the second squad whilst he wing commanded this squad. As Commander, Air group (CAG): he would wing command the first squad.

=/\="Ace to pack 1. Leaving the atmosphere in T minus 10. Full speed past the second moon then we'll warp in formation to Starbase Thrinacia to meet the majesty. We all ready? =/\= his comm board flicked up green from all other 5 fighters. He only got one audio response, from his new wing commander.

=/\= Ace, go for Smash. We're all ready. Say bye bye to the frakinn' sun and lets frakkin go!=/\=
=/\= Copy that Smash! =/\=

Starbase Thrinacia
Osprey 1
Pack 1 'Risa'
1754hrs

"What the Frak? Are the right coordin... Oh Frak..."
=/\= Smash to Ace. She's a frakkin' beauty =/\=
=/\= Go for Ace. No arguments from me. Less of the Frak till we've made a good impression if you will First Lieutenant. =/\=
=/\= You got it Skip =/\=
=/\= Station Thrinacia, this is Scott Archer of Majesty pack one? Do you copy?=/\=
=/\= Archer this is Thrinacia. Hold position whilst we transfer your final approach to the Majesty. Have a good day. Thrinacia out. =/\=

TAG: Anyone, preferably someone on the majesty.
[Image: 10410329_1413822988906033_5930062657459929709_n.jpg]

Taskforce 169 (Olympians)
Station Thrinacia
Docking bay 3
1803 hrs

Layton stepped out of the docking port from the ship that had brought him here. This was his first  assignment in 3 months, after the close destruction of the Asp. Asp had been 'mothballed' which made enough sense. She was an old ship class and it would probably have taken almost as much work to repair her as it would to have built a new one.
He was aware he was here to take the executive officer position of the USS Firebrand, that was about all he knew... As he walked away from the port and into the station, all of a sudden, an Ensign came running up to him. "Welcome aboard sir. Please make your way to the conference room!" He then proceeded to hand Layton a padd saying he was supposed to be at a briefing that had started 5 minutes ago! Thankfully there was a map on the padd as well. Where was the conference room? 12 decks up, of course. He ran into the nearest turbolift with some civilians. He waited for them to make their selection before he spoke, "senior conference room." As his position overrode theirs, the lift made it it's first stop. Fortunately it was a fairly new lift evidently and they were there in seconds! He stepped out of the lift and ran down the corridor. It was a long, circular  corridor and the conference room was half way down it. He ran up to the last 25 metres to give him time to regain his composure. He walked this last few metres at a brisk pace. Security stopped him at the door. "Id please?" Layton pulled an id chip out of his bag and handed it to the man. "Commander Michael Layton, Xo of the USS Firebrand. The guard nodded and allowed him in. "I think they've just started sir."

Station Thrinacia
Conference room
1810 hrs

He hurried in, "apologies for my late arrival. I only arrived on the station under ten minutes ago." He moved over to sit next to Des Locker, his new Co. He held out his hand, "Commander Layton, I'm your new XO. Jemma Grax gave up the position and carried on in her current posting, I'm her replacement."

Tag: Des, Donald, Malloway, anyone
STARBASE THRINACIA
Conference Room
1804 hours

The meeting was running late already, and it was only 4 minutes in. Steve did not like it when his timings were scuppered. He decided the waiting was over.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, please take your seats as I’d like to begin!” Steve called aloud, his voice carrying well over the hustle and bustle of others talking amongst themselves and catching up, or querying each other as to if anyone knew the nature of the briefing.

As the noise died down, Steve took a quick glance around the room. He noted each CO present, recalling them from their manifests he had gone through earlier, some XOs he wasn’t so familiar with due to most being newly appointed or he hadn’t dealt with them yet. Draco was present, sat to Steve’s left, Emma also ready and raring to his right. Sat to the top left of his small podium with various PADDs upon it sat the latest report from John with his and his team’s statuses.

“Right, thank you all for coming so promptly…” The Admiral mused, noting some smiling at his intended meaning, others slightly embarrassed from their own late arrival. “I’ll get straight to it as we have a lot to get through and plenty more to get done after.” Some confused looks from the masses. Upon picking up a small remote control device and one of his PADDs, Steve stepped aside to allow the screen behind him to display the statistics for an M-Class Planet, not far off a replica of Earth. Infact, the resemblance was uncanny.

“This, is Planet-45604 - yet to be named obviously,” the image began to rotate on it’s axis. “Similar to Earth in many ways, but yet so many more.” Steve began to read various stats from John’s data on the PADD. Whereas Earth’s water surface was at a little over 70%, 45604 was nearer 80%. The remaining land coverage was, for the most part, dense forest or rainforest with a total of only 3 desserts across the whole planet. The atmosphere was almost identical to Earth’s if not a little more humid to allow the vegetation in the rainforest to grow to its splendour. As the Admiral read various facts, the display would change to show images taken by research teams. Beautiful rainforests, large lakes, rivers, local wildlife, the oceans themselves. The beaches themselves looked divine, Steve had noticed. Crystal clear water, white sands. Save for some that weren’t so picturesque, but they were few and far between. Then he looked back to the officers around the tables. “No humanoid life forms, in fact there is no civilisation beyond the wildlife so far studied. Which has made it rather easy for us to colonise.”

Several of the officers smiled. Obviously the thought of decent R&R in the sun and on the beaches were appealing.

“Now, the tricky part. This planet was discovered on a scientific expedition through the Iconian Gateway,” several murmurs from COs were allowed. It was no secret there were a number of officers in the Fleet who would not even consider an opportunity to go through the gateway on missions. “I know the varying sceptical opinions regarding the gateway which is why I have never forced any of you to explore through without volunteering. In many ways I’m glad none from the 14th Fleet have as it has allowed for us to perfect the technology, which I am assured is prime for use, Commander Jezebel?”

Steve moved aside to take his seat, allowing the Commander from the Gateway Control Station to take the stand and explain further. She went on to inform the officers of the latest advancements; the beacon that controlled the opening and closing of the gateway was fully functional with help from Vulcan scientists using Borg technology previously kept classified. And now, another gateway had been found. The original was large enough for a Galaxy Class starship to get through, with room for wider and taller at that, but the latest was personnel sized, roughly 5m in diameter at it’s widest point,  just over 4m at it’s thinnest point. Jezebel confirmed the suspicions that many had held – the additional power to the Control station was to keep the gateway hidden from those unauthorised which had worked. Luckily. With finding the smaller gateway the resources were much smaller than that for the first larger and progress was quicker. A smaller gateway control beacon had been constructed, which was now being installed in all Colony-assigned personnel commbadges and Flag ranking officers’ to act as an ID beacon to confirm they were Starfleet. This beacon was also fully-functional to keep the link between gateways open – yet another advancement. If a gateway was opened but only at one end, then the past was lost once closed. But, if one end was linked to another, it could be re-opened.

“Which,” Steve stood to take the floor again, “is where Planet 45604 comes in. We have established a Colony; Colony Aurora. At that end is a fully working gateway which has been locked in for re-opening and another Gateway Control Utility established. Some may note that Admiral Morgan is not currently present… he is heading up the team on Aurora.” The Admiral stopped, they were already nearly 50 minutes into the meeting and the information hadn’t stopped coming. Time for questions.

“Before we continue, does anyone have anything they wish to ask about what has been said so far? I know there is a lot to take in, and there is more yet to come too.”

TAG: ALL

OOC: Apologies, post written whilst running the restaurant so may not make sense in places or rambles – hence the Q&A!
Admiral Steve Malloway
Commanding Officer, USS Eagle
Joint Fleet Commanding Officer, Starfleet Strategic Response Fleet

Training and Personnel Developments Director, and Internal Verifier
Starbase Thrinacia
Conference room
1855 hrs

Layton wasn't sure wether to raise his hand or not but he decided that he was a starfleet commander not a first year cadet. "This is all interesting sir but what exactly so you want us to do? Are we to explore through these gateways and if so, are we assured of their safety?" He hoped exploration was on their agenda as they were Starfleet and that's why he joined. To explore strange new worlds and seek out new life forms and new civilisations. To Boldly go where no man has gone before... But as Xo it was his job to make sure that the captain, the crew and the ship were protected. He didn't want anyone to die because of some stupid accident using technology they knew nothing about.

OOC: I know this post is probably below the minimum word limit but not sure how much further I could extend it!