Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..."
OOC: JP between myself and RADM Wilkinson. Cut short at the end due to loss of internet by Wilkinson and to advance the timeline. Apologies for below-par finish.

IC:

STARBASE THRINACIA
Conference Room
2012 hours

"Well, everything is in place, just need to go and join John now." Emma stated tugging on her uniform to straighten it. "Looking forward to joining us for our first trip out?" She asked.

Looking up as Emma approached; Steve offered a smile and a nod in greeting. "First trip out? You make it sound like I'm being let loose on a day trip from an old folks home!" He remarked chuckling, and noticing for the first time how chilly the conference room had been during the meeting. Well, it had kept everyone awake that was for sure. "But, still, definitely looking forward to it." The Admiral added, allowing a quick tap to a PADD to change the environmental settings and increase room temperature to a more comfortable level. "Ready for commanding further than anyone has before?"

"OUR first trip out should be interesting, we’re all out on a day trip here... although you can come back whenever you feel you need a nap... But you know me, always up for the unknown adventure... keeps things interesting." She said with a sly grin. Having the Gateway would be interesting. Rather than having individual ships off investigating, due to the smaller size of their gate, they would need teams on the ground searching out new planets and people to build relations with. The smaller groups of personnel still needed working out and going over. They would need to be the same size as an away team, if not a little larger. These details and more were still in the process of being worked out and finalised.

“And let everyone else have all the fun? Jog on.” The Admiral replied, gesturing with his arm for them both to walk. He led the way from the conference room, meandering through the corridors as he continued. “You’ll definitely have your work cut out for you – remember, we’re all
leaving you to it once everything is in place. John and I have the rest of the Fleet to look after too.” He chuckled, running his hand along one
of the new bulkheads as they walked. “And Thrinacia can’t be left for long.” Steve added, noticing a difference in the new material. It wasn’t
like the old bulkhead he had come to know over the past 6 years – the smoothness he had found at the start had changed as the time had gone on
and the corridors became a hive of activity as the base was used more and more. This new bulkhead was smoother, obviously brand new… it was a
welcome feeling, but that new feeling still lacked so much – memories. Aurora would be the same; new material fresh off the production line and ready to mould both physically and metaphorically. In fact, Aurora held many similarities to Thrinacia – a main base of Operations, central hub
for the command in this sector… galaxy… The Admiral chuckled. “Definitely, have your work cut out.” He repeated.

"Well hopefully it won't take us too long to set up shop, so you guys can get back to things here, while the rest of us run off and investigate the unknown and no doubt get ourselves into all sorts of trouble. You know what John's like, he'll only get himself shot again if he's out there too long, and I’m sure you'll find yourself knees deep in something after too long." Emma smiled as they walked watching the hustle and bustle still going on around them as things were still being tinkered with. Looking back to the PADD she was carrying Emma made a few notes to herself as they occurred to her, keeping pace easily and avoiding bumping into anyone as they went. "Hard work never scared me before, and I don't think it’s going to start any time soon, unless there’s work to put in, I’ll only get bored. ‘Idle hands and all that’." She commented with a grin to her side.

“Well, lets face it, you’ve never done any hard work so how would you know?” Steve remarked playfully, laughing slightly.

Emma turned to Steve with a look of shock with her mouth open in horror, but the twinkle in her eye showed she knew it was in jest… “Pot and
Kettle, come to mind” She quickly threw back at him. “Anyway, these are a few idea’s I had for the AG teams (Aurora gate) we are setting up once we get to aurora, just to prove that I’m sitting on my rear...” She said with a snort handing over her PADD with the outline for the team set ups, “Two security, one tactical for each team and then depending on the mission different teams will then have different additions, Medical, science, counsellor etc. And the different teams will be numbered and known so they can be selected for the missions as required. How does that sound?” She asked.

Steve took the PADD in one hand from Emma, holding it out slightly. As his gaze looked over the data he scrolled on down the lists with his thumb and after a moment of browsing and skimming the various setups he began nodding as he looked to the Rear Admiral. “Agreed, though ultimately it’s up to you as this is something never done before – you could uniform all teams to the same setup, or even have specifics, like you say, for Science or Medical.” He handed her the PADD back as he finished typing in some codes, finalising plumbing in his command codes to authorise Emma for having the final say so on her teams, rather than having to worry about getting the go ahead from himself, John or Draco.

Before anything more could be said, both Admirals were interrupted by an incoming commcall, chirping over the internal communications grid. It had always fascinated the Admiral how this had worked - how did the computer not announce it all over the place, but solely where the recipient was, at the exact moment that someone spoke aloud?

=/\=Command Centre to Admiral Malloway. Sir, you have an incoming call from Admiral Rhel.=/\=

Steve allowed a sigh, rolling his eyes to Emma before opening the link, "Starfleet's CinC wants a chin-wag, joy." He remarked, tapping his badge to open the link up. =/\="Understood, Lieutenant. Inform the Admiral I am on my way to my office now and will take it there. Malloway out."=/\= Again, a tap, and this time the link was severed. "Duty calls. I'll see you tomorrow morning onboard the Gateway Control station. 0800 hours sharp for launch through the Gateway." He winked, turning on his heel to disappear into a turbolift.

TAG: ALL
Admiral Steve Malloway
Commanding Officer, USS Eagle
Joint Fleet Commanding Officer, Starfleet Strategic Response Fleet

Training and Personnel Developments Director, and Internal Verifier

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by DJ Hurt - 07-20-2015, 07:20 PM
RE: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 10-08-2015, 07:47 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 11-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by William Angel - 11-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by DJ Hurt - 11-30-2013, 07:06 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by William Angel - 11-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by William Angel - 12-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by William Angel - 12-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by DJ Hurt - 12-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by William Angel - 12-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 12-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by William Angel - 12-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by William Angel - 12-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Zack Gillibrand - 12-27-2013, 03:53 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 01-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by William Angel - 01-06-2014, 09:43 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 01-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Logan Rockwell - 01-11-2014, 03:03 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 01-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Jack Ketteringham - 01-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by DJ Hurt - 01-13-2014, 12:28 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by William Angel - 01-13-2014, 04:09 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by William Angel - 01-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by DJ Hurt - 06-05-2014, 01:08 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 06-10-2014, 06:29 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 06-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Michael Layton - 07-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Michael Layton - 07-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Michael Layton - 07-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 07-10-2014, 07:48 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Michael Layton - 07-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Michael Layton - 07-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 07-28-2014, 07:22 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 01-04-2015, 07:05 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 01-07-2015, 07:47 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Michael Layton - 01-10-2015, 05:46 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Hayley Van Der Wat - 01-17-2015, 07:39 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Michael Layton - 02-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 02-19-2015, 02:54 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Steve Malloway - 03-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 04-01-2015, 08:24 AM
Re: Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..." - by Desmond Locker - 04-25-2015, 05:09 PM