SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Draco Targus - 04-19-2011

Nightstalker Squardon
Coverage of USS Majesty

Kang watched as a torpedo made it through his line and struck the Majesty. The impact was strong and appeared to do some major damage to one of the forward torpedo bays. Knowing full well that his fighters could not possibley defend all attacks Kang came to a final desions and opened a channel.

=^=Nightstalker lead to Dragon. Majest takeing serious damage. We are unable to fully cover her. request support and furthure instruction.=^+

=^= Understood Nightstalker Lead. I am sending runabouts to aid you. Suggest you provide cover fire as best you can so the Majesty can find refuge. I will contact her makeing such suggetion. Protect her as best you can. Dragon out. =^= Replied TArgus as he closed the channel to Kang and opened a channel to the Majesty.

=^= Admiral Targus to USS Majesty. I am sending additional craft to cover you. Suggest you find refuge with the fleet till you can bring weapons and shields up.=^=

As He awaited a reply from the  Majesty, Draco tapped in a short message to the pilots of three blackhawk class runabouts. * Take uyp station around USS Majesty, assist Nightstalker squardon in covering her retreat* With int he blink of an eye three runabouts pulled off the line gaurding the gate and made wya to the wounded Majesty.

=^=Blackhawk lead to NIghtstalker lead we are inbound and will be in weapons range in 10 seconds.=^=

=^= Roger Blackhawlk lead. We will have the front door open for you bring the rain.=^= Replied Kang as he opened a channel to the rest of the Nightstalkers =^= Ok boys time we stop playing and take onb these gits. Dragon has use some heavy back up coming. All Craft are to target ther aggresor and fire at will=^=

All the pilots maked yup a tally ho as they dropped into formation with the runabouts as they passed by. KAng checked his senors as they pulled away to ensure that the Majesty was getting clear of the area. within seconds the blackhawks where laying down a line of fire as the Nighthawks fired in torpedos. all the craft pulled out at teh last possible second to avoid collision and came back around to set up for a second pass. this time the Valkyies took point with the Blacklhawk flying slight behind and below them. as the second round of torpedo volleys hit the lead cardassian ship her forward shield fell. Kang opened a channel to the Fleet.

=^= Nightstalker Lead to all craft and ships. we have disabled one of the Galor class intrudures shields sending cooredinates to concentrte fire on.=^=

TAG:  USS Majesty, ALL. (Come on people. lets see some posting)

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - William Halsey - 04-19-2011

USS Majesty
Bridge
1953 hrs

Shortly after William had returned to the Bridge a torpedo from the Cardassian ship struck the Majesty hard. The impact jostled everyone on the Bridge and the Commander turned to William and asked
Quote: "How are those reinforced shields holding up?"
William replied,"The shields that I reinforced around Engineering are holding at 50%. No new damage to report."

William continued to moniter his station as the Commander received a communication from the Agamemnon. As the Commander sent back his response another torpedo pierced the shields and struck the Majesty hard. The entire Bridge crew were thrown to the deck. the Commander was the first person off the deck and he asked,
Quote:"Is everyone all right?"
William replied with an affirmative answer and then assessed the damage. William was alarmed to discover a torpedo bay was heavily damaged and a fire  broke out. He began directing what Damage Control teams he had to the stricken torpedo bay.

William directed his attention to the Commander who had just finished his communication with the Agamemnon and said, "Commander I have a damage report from the torpedo that just hit us. It struck a secondary torpedo bay on deck 26. A small fire started when the enemy torpedo caused a secondary explosion by causing a torpedo in the bay to explode. I have scrambled what Damage Control teams that we have to the area. The fire is contained but there is a danger of the fire reaching other torpedoes."

TAG: Jackson

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Callum Jackson - 04-19-2011

USS Majesty
Bridge
1951 hrs

When Mr Halsey gave the damage report to Callum he wasn't quite sure what to do thoughts began running through his mind he then looked again at Mr Halsey and said "is it possible to move the closest Torpedo's away from the fire to try and prevent them from detonating?"

TAG:Mr Halsey

The Cadet on Tactical was about to respond to Callum's ordered when Admiral Targus contacted them
Quote:=/\=Admiral Targus to USS Majesty. I am sending additional craft to cover you. Suggest you find refuge with the fleet till you can bring weapons and shields up.=/\=
Callum responded with =/\= Jackson here Admiral I will wait for the additional crafts and then begin to move away slowly until we get our weapons and shields back online=/\=

TAG:Cadet on Tactical, Admiral Targus.

At that point another Cadet walked onto the bridge he walked straight over to Callum and said
Quote:"Commander Callum, I am Cadet Locker, studying counselling. Where do you need me for this mission? Sir, may I suggest using the Corkscrew maneuver? It may give us a tactical advantage to allow the Starbase to assist us."
Callum looked at him for a few seconds and then said "as I am sure that no one will need counselling at the moment then you may take the first officer position as he is not here and as you seem to be a good adviser on Tactical you may help in that way" The Cadet then walked over to the seat that was to the right of Callum and sat down by that time the additional crafts were in place so he Tapped his COMM badge and said =/\= Majesty to fighter pilot squadron we are moving away 1/2 impulse speed=/\= he then looked at the helm and gestured for them to begin moving away.

TAG:Fighter Squadron, Cadet locker.

Callum then turned to Cadet Locker and said "you will have to excuse me but I'm not quite sure what the corkscrew manoeuvre is please can you explain this to me"

TAG:Cadet Locker, Majesty Crew

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Steve Malloway - 04-19-2011

OOC: Posting as Malloway

IC:

STARBASE THRINACIA
Command Deck
1950 hours

Quote:John turned to Steve, “Looks like the rocky start we wished to avoid. Am sure since the Carassians already know, am sure the Romulans and Klingons won't be long in finding out. We better have them diplomats ready after this mess.”, John recommended.

Steve looked up at John as another torpedo hit rocked the deck, an officer across the way calling out that shields were down to 55% average round the base, weakening somewhat round the Command Deck. "I think we'll need more than diplomacy after this," he replied, "as for the Klingons and Romulans – who knows, but guaranteed they’ll have wanted to know why they weren’t told of this piece of candy we now have.” Another shock rattled the decking, this time not so severe. “Report!” Steve called out, allowing John to work with Connor.

“Fighters are inbound to aid our defences, as is a smaller craft registered to the new Ambassador.”

“Provide additional cover where possible to the Fighters, defend our defenders-“

“Admiral, Independence has been boarded and Thunderstorm reports they are under attack!”

Steve whipped round to look over at the reporting officer. “Damn Cardassians!” He called aloud, sliding back underneath the rail to the main command podium in the centre of the deck. “Inform the Thunderstorm we are unable to offer assistance but are aware of their situation, scramble out any additional support craft available.”

Quote:“What can I do?” She asked once everyone was accounted for, as another Torpedo hit almost making her loose her grip on the railing.

The Admiral looked up at the enquiring voice, recognising Emma. “Ah, Commodore – if you could assist Tactical with supporting the Fleet to coordinate defences that would be greatly appreciated.” He replied, nodding once to her as a thanks, just as another tremble waved underneath through the deck-plating. “Status report!”

“Structural Integrity field down to 71%, Shields at 54%, Ventral weapons offline, Pulse defences fluctuating through sections Charlie and Omega, Life Support at 88%, Minor Hull Breaches on the Promenade which has been evacuated by Emergency response teams-“

The Admiral waved his hand quickly to shut him up. “Understood, we’re not looking good all in all. Re-evaluate all power distribution networks and re-route as necessary to the shield grid; we have too many personnel onboard to lose them and I’d rather keep up our defences. Our Fleet status?”

“Heavy damage reported. Agamemnon, Excelsior Mark III Class, is making her way into the action after repair, no hits as yet. Thunderstorm, Intrepid Class, has taken some hits, minor shield loss. Independence, Challenger Class, shield loss and boarding parties are present, significant damage. Braveheart, Sovereign Class, yet to send her status but sensors indicate minor damage, shields their main concern. Majesty, Galaxy Class, has taken severe damage her warp core was taken offline but seems somewhat repaired at present; Admiral Targus has ordered they retreat behind Thrinacia until repairs to their shields and weapons systems complete. Jaggedier, Wildcat Class, has shields at 39% with aft torpedo bays offline and nearing repair. Cockerel, Saber Class and Thrinacia’s assigned Command vessel is also yet to send report but again sensors,” mid-report another volley hit the decks, sparks flying from aft consoles.

“Command Deck shields in the red zone!”

“Again sensors indicate significant damage with their aft shields offline. Born, Nebula Class, holding her own with little damage or effect from Cardassians – they seem to be ignoring her for now.”

“Patch me through to Lieutenant Berettey.” Steve commanded, looking up at the viewscreen as it changed from the battle to the face of the younger officer, commanding the Cockerel.

=/\=Admiral, we’re taking hits here!=/\=

=/\=”Lieutenant, Lieutenant?” Steve began, squinting some as static broke up the image on the screen as the Cockerel took another hit. “Lieutenant, reroute as much power to your shields as you can, the Cockerel isn’t designed for this sort of barrage. Get your asses back inside the mushroom, I’d rather not lose the li-“=/\=

The transmission ended suddenly. Within split seconds the screen had cut from the face of the Lieutenant back to the battle, focused on the Cockerel from the hail. Or, rather, momentarily focused. As soon as the image had changed it was lit up as the small Saber class was enveloped in orange, red and yellow sparks. Destroyed. Hull fragments spiralled outwards from the explosion, narrowly missing the fighters in her vicinity.

“Conn, how many had gotten to the Saber before launch?” Steve asked as the room had fallen silent as many eyes had witnessed the explosion. The reply came back with 118 personnel, 2 of which had been specially-assigned Cadets from the Academy only a week previous for on-site training. “That loss was not acceptable.” The Admiral finally said, breaking the silence as the base rocked under fire again, the lighting fluctuating only a little. He reached down and pressed a comm-channel for Fleet-wide to all vessels.

=/\=”This is Admiral Malloway to all ships. The Cockerel has been destroyed. Get what you can from those bast-“=/\=

Another hit and the channel ended. “Sir, they’ve disabled our communications system. We’re operating on sensors only. Weapon systems round the mushroom are down to 49%, holding for now with temporarily rerouted power.”

Steve looked around the deck at the officers present, some looking his way for further direction, many others already doing what was necessary to keep Thrinacia going. With the gateway having been brought online right now all her resources were limited and new systems were still having been installed through the main Fleet command base; it wasn’t a secret that things behind the scenes were still patching up with the refit and addition of the new toy. “OK people, this is it. The Cockerel has gone, she shouldn’t have. The Gateway is here and its ours. The Cardassians are here and they shouldn’t be. We all know what we have to do, you’re all here because you know the ropes. Now lets take out these turds!” Steve called aloud, slapping his palm on the command console to finish.

As he did, another report came through, just as the alarm confirmed.

“Cardassian Marines, Promenade deck!”

TAG: Thrinacia lot Wink

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Steve Malloway - 04-19-2011

OOC: Posting as Lt. Gregrez, CEO of the USS Braveheart

IC:

USS BRAVEHEART
Main Engineering
1947 hours

"Get that coupling sent to Auxillary!" Michael called aloud, pointing across to a Crewman as they meandered through the doorway. "Or it's your ass that I'll be patching instead of coolant leaks!"

Not that there were any coolant leaks, but Michael had wanted to use that line for a while now ever since he'd thought of it in bed a few weeks back. It still made him chuckle internally. Oh the joys you can have with watching crewmen squirm. He mused to himself, taking a PADD from another officer, the deck shaking a little as the ship rocked from fire.

=/\="Engineering to bridge, you've got as much power as I can muster, mister. Majority of power is distributed to shields with the other to weapons, just punch down to me when you want the reverse, Gregrez out."=/\= He open and closed the channel with tapping, moving across to his station in Main Engineering, sitting and bringing up a deck by deck analysis of the Braveheart, highlighting structural weaknesses that damage control should keep their eyes on. For his liking this Sovereign Class had been pulled out sooner than she should have been, but of course the Braveheart couldnt really have sat this engagement out. Engagement? Are we marrying this spoonheads? Michael raised an eyebrow at the thought. Kinky, but disturbing nevertheless. "Ensign, have Teams Alpha and Beta concentrate their efforts on critical decks, such as deflector and torp bays. Defence and offence are obviously our priorities. Charlie should maintain our life support systems and environmental attributes." The Chief ordered, receiving a nod from the couterpart.

TAG: Any Braveheartians, or Anyone needing to cross-Fleet-contact little ol' Michael XD

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - William Halsey - 04-19-2011

USS Majesty
Bridge
1953 hours

When the Commander asked William
Quote: "is it possible to move the closest torpedo's away from the fire to try and prevent them from detonating?"
William replied by saying, "Yes sir the torpedoes are movable and I told the crews to move them out of the way so they can fight the fire. They shouldn't have much trouble." The Commander acknowledged William's reply and while he communicated with Admiral Targus William continued to monitor the crisis in the torpedo bay on Deck 26.

The shields are so weak in that area so its prone to another torpedo strike. The only problem is that the shields can't be brought fully online until the core is operating at full effiency. William thought. I need to bring the core fully online but the coolant pipe leak won't allow it. The only solution I can think of is to completely replace that section of piping. Unless I can reinforce the patch I placed over the leak. William decided that was the only way he could get the core operating at full effiency again.

William waited for the Commander to finish speaking wth Cadet Locker and Admral Targus so he could ask Jackson something. When he had a moment he asked the Commander, "Sir we need to get full power back to weapons and shields. The only way we can do that is to bring the core fully online. Permission requested to return to Engineering to reinforce my patch on the coolant pipe and then bring the core to full operating effiency." William waited for an answer as the Majesty began moving away from the battle at 1/2 impulse.

Tag: Jackson

USS Majesty
Bridge
1953 hrs

Callum had finished talking to Cadet Locker when Mr Halsey said
Quote:"Sir we need to get full power back to weapons and shields. The only way we can do that is to bring the core fully online. Permission requested to return to Engineering to reinforce my patch on the coolant pipe and then bring the core to full operating effiency."
Callum sat thinking for a few seconds and then said "Permission granted on the basis that it won't make our situation worse also will you have to take the core offline? if so then you may head to engineering now and get ready to start then i will contact you from here once we are safely away from the Cardassian's is that understood" the Cadet then acknowledged what Callum said and walked off the bridge to the turbo lift.

TAG: William Halsey

Callum then turned to Cadet Locker and said "would you please take the Engineering station until either Cadet Halsey returns or until we clear the battle field." The Cadet then nodded and got up and took the Engineering station.

TAG: Cadet Locker

Callum then stood up and walked around the side of the Bridge to the science station and said to the Cadet there "would you please scan for somewhere close but far away if you get me so that we can make the necessary repairs" The cadet then began tapping in commands to scan for somewhere to stop Callum then said "once you find somewhere would you please send the co-ordinates straight to the helm" Callum then began to walk back to his seat as he said "Helm as soon as you receive those co-ordinates engage at warp 2 and then hold at all stop and turn to face the battle field and keep scanning because the second a ship comes towards us I won't to know about it" then turns to the whole crew on the bridge "when the core is taken offline because our reserves are so low our shields will be offline and so will the weapons our only means of moving will be thrusters although I have faith in the strength of our hull alone it will not hold for long as it is only capable of take so much part of the hull have already buckled" Callum then Tapped his COMM badge and said =/\= Jackson to all hands we will shortly be taking our warp core offline for repairs once it is offline we will be defenceless so be prepared that we may have to abandon ship but that will be a last resort and I am sure that we won't please stand by for further instructions=/\= Callum then tapped it again to close the channel.

Callum once again tapped is COMM badge to open a channel and said =/\= Jackson to Fighter Squadron we will soon be sending you some co-ordinates so that we can stop and make repairs we will engage at warp 2 shortly please stand by=/\=

TAG: Fighter Squadron, Cadets, Majesty Crew

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Ameicav - 04-19-2011

Firestorm
Cockpit
1950 Hours

Quote:=/\=”This is Admiral Malloway to all ships. The Cockerel has been destroyed. Get what you can from those bast-“=/\=

"Firestorm, Report!" Ornixen called as he nailed another flight of torpedoes and blocked a couple more with his shields.

"Our shields are holding, the starbase's communication system has been damage and is off-line, most of the Federation ships are holding together, however they have taken some serious damage.  We have a Galor-class ship bearing down on our location and I'm detecting multiple Cardassian life signs on the Promenade of the starbase, engaging with station security."

"We can't keep up this defensive stance...we have to go on the offense," Ornixen said as he stood and ran to the back of the ship and grabbed his sword and staff.  "I'm going over to the station to stop the Cardassians.  See if you can punch a hole through that Galor's shields and destabilize their warp core."

"Acknowledged, altering course and opening fire, rotating through frequencies to penetrate their shields."

Starbase Thrinica
Promenade

A moment later, Ornixen was on the promenade, directly above and behind the invading Cardassians.  Activating his personal shield, he lifted his staff up and lept off of the level he was on, using his magic to fly across to where the Federation security forces were at.

"Stay behind me and fire at will, men," he ordered as he turned around, focusing his magical energies to erect a deflector field between the Cardassians and the Federation.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 04-19-2011

USS Majesty  
Main Bridge
1952 hours

As I sat on the first officers chair Commander Callum asked me what the corkskrew manoeuer was. At that point I realised I almost imagined an antique black and white television I saw in a museum many years ago where I first heard about the corkskrew. I thought it out in more detail and adapted it to our situation, taking into consideration what our ships status was. Maybe if we could get some of the fighters involved it may help too. And it would protect the starbase better as well...          

"Commander, the corkskrew was originally used in World War 2 by B17 pilots. Basically, because those aircraft were so big, they couldn't out manoever the smaller fighters so they developed a way of reversing from defence to attack. Its simple, I believe if we circle the starbase with a wide birth and slowly tightning our turn we should be able to get this Cardassian ship's tail infront of us and focus our weapons on his warp core. Should be enough to disable him. And if we can get the fighters to circle in the opposite direction it might help too."

Shortly after I had spoken to the commander, the commander asked me to take over the engineering post while the other cadet made his way to Main Engineering. The first thing I noticed was the main shield generator had just been damaged from the last strike. It was still operational but loosing power.

"Commander! Shield generator has been damaged and is loosing power!" I screamed across the bridge. There was a lot of defining noise as the enemies weapons impacted the weakening shields of the Majesty.

USS Majesty
Bridge

Callum heard the Cadet on the Helm report that they had received the co-ordinates and that they are engaging at warp 2 Callum then tapped his COMM badge and said =/\= Majesty to fighter squadron we beginning to speed up to warp 2=/\=

TAG:Fighter Squadron

Cadet Locker then said
Quote:"Commander! Shield generator has been damaged and is loosing power!"
Callum then immediately tapped his COMM badge and said =/\= Jackson to Mr Halsey our shield generator has been damaged and is loosing power will it be possible for you to fix in the battle field before=/\= just before Callum could finish another torpedo hit the ship sharply if Callum hadn't been sitting down then he would have been thrown to the ground again he didn't have to wait for the Cadet to give him the reason why it had hit so hard he already knew from previous attacks the upper shields had failed he then continued with the communication =/\= it seems we have another problem the upper shields have failed=/\=

TAG: William Halsey

Callum then yelled at the Cadet on Helm "INCREASE WARP FACTOR TO WARP 5 GET US OUT OF HERE NOW!" Callum tapped his COMM badge and said =/\= Majesty to Fighter Pilots we thought our warp factor would suffice but it seems we are not getting out of here quick enough we have increased to warp factor 5 please do the same we will still be stopping at the prearranged co-ordinates=/\=

TAG: Fighter Pilots, Majesty Crew.