SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Ethan Trane - 11-30-2010

Starbase Thrinacea
Conference Room Alpha
1245 Hours

Ethan stood chatting with Zack, the CO of the Independence, sipping his drink, waiting for the debriefing to begin. Though there were a few more officers in attendance thsan when he had arrived, Ethan noticed there weren’t too many of the upper flag staff as of yet. Only the same Admiral who had already been there for some time was there.

Ethan heard the familiar hiss of the doors opening and turned to see the woman he had met just a bit earlier enter the room. Ethan watched out of the corner of his eye as she made her way towards himself and Zack. Nodding at the conversation between the two Captains, Ethan turned slightly, extending his arm to both draw attention to and welcome Jemma to the group.

‘Arriving on time as ordered sir.’ She said with her hands behind her back with a warm smile spreading across her face as she stopped and rocked onto her toes for exaggeration.

Ethan returned the smile and replied, Very good Commander, I am glad to see you got here in time.” Turning back to Zack, he made the introduction between him and Jemma. “Captain Zack Gillibrand, my executive Officer, Commander Jemma Grax.”

Tag: Jemma, Zack, anyone else?

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Steve Malloway - 12-01-2010

STARBASE THRINACIA
Fleet Commanding Officer's Quarters
12.40hours

Steve awoke suddenly, jumping to sit up on his bed.

"see, no meds necessary." He chuckled aloud as he realised his headache from earlier had gone. "Computer, time?"

*The time now is 12.40 hours*

"Oh, you're kidding." Steve groaned, standing from his bed, looking down to notice it would seem he had gone straight to sleep in his uniform; which was now creased. And no doubt smelt. Not a nice get-up for an Admiral to try and pull off, especially with the breifing in but 20 minutes time. "Sonic shower here I come."

After nearly ten minutes the doors to his bathroom opened, permitting Steve to walk back out. He wore polished black Starfleet-issue shows, the standard black trousers that were now clea and fully-pressed, and lastly the 'off-purple' jacket with red undershirt as common among Command department officers. As he came to stad byhis desk he reached out to pick up the final pieces of his attire; his commbadge which he clipped in place to his chest; his belt which slid perfectly round his waist to clasp at the front with a buckle of the Federation emblem. As he looked in the mirror he brought his hands up to his neck, placing his two rank insignia on each side of his collar, his eyes taking in the small Admiralty pips as his arms fell to his side. He stood prominantely in place. His mind wandered to the day he received the promotion some 3 years back. Jenna, his daughter, had been visiting on her leave from study. He smiled as he recalled the trip they had taken down to the surface of Salon IV; camping amongst the trees in the Great Forest of the Northern Continent. Marshmallows; one of his daughter's favourite sweet snacks. He sighed slightly, looking across to notice the time at 12.51. Always his daughter would come second to his job. As always he knew it was wrong of him.

STARBASE THRINACIA
Conference Room Alpha
12.56 hours

The doors to the Conference Room parted to permit Steve to walk in, his eyes gazing at the mass of the Commanding Officers and Executive Officers present. Some stood together, some sat, and some had decided to leave their counterparts for a moment to chat to others from the Fleet. This was the first time all the Senior Command Staff of the UFPDF had been together in one place, and it was good to see things were a nice hustle and bustle amongst them all. Some he recognised from meeting them, some he took a moment to click on. Donald McGriff was present, permitted to attend as he'd just given up command but would play a small part in looking after his replacement on the Braveheart until settled; Melanie Woodcroft and Malone Martize were also there as well as Mara Shax the Fleet JAG; Zack Gillibrand of the Independence stood talking to another Captain whom he didnt recognise by facial comparison to the manifests. Must be newly appointed. Steve thought to himself as he walked in, nodding greetings to those who acknowledged him as he saw Connor at the front, not far from John and the rest of the Senior Fleet Command Team.

"John." Steve greeted, shasking the Vice Admiral's hand. "Best we get this thing started. No doubt everyone's wondering why so many of them are here at once."

He turned back to face the COs and XOs as he stood on th central podium, noticing some look his way. "Ladies and Gentlemen, if I could ask you to take your seats, we'll get underway. I remind you this briefing is classified." His voice almost echosing across the room as he pressed the presentation button; an image of the United Federation of Planets Defence Fleet emblem prominant in all it's glory flashed upon the main presentation viewer across the back wall behind him.

TAG: ALL COs AND XOs AND AUTHORISED PERSONNEL

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Melanie Woodcroft - 12-01-2010

Starbase Thrinacia
Conference room Alpha

Melanie looks over hearing the CinC and sits down at her seat which was next to malones and his XO, Leanna Micheals. she looked around as everyone started to hush and she sits back grabbing a padd for notes and she stared and waited for him to start as she takes sips of her drink from time to time.

Leanna looks around as it quiet and she sits down next to Malone. she looks around and sees the blond woman next to her. she had met her before and found out it was the XO of the task force. She was very nice but she knew this woman had  a side of her that she hoped no one would find out and deal with. she looked up at the CinC started to talk.

TAG all

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - John Morgan - 12-02-2010

Starbase Thrinacea 
Conference Room Alpha
1245 Hours

John just concluded checking the presentation for this afternoon, when the first attendee arrived.  A captain walked up to John and asked “Excuse me, is this the right place for the debriefing at 1300?”, but before John could put a response, another captain decided to jump in, saying in jest: "Well if it isn't we're both in trouble.". Both captains started conversing, while all John did was raise an eye brow.

John recognized the faces from the reports he had read, these individuals where Captain Ethan Trane, and Captain Zack Gillibrand. Both where fine officer, as they will need to be for what he and Steve have in store for them. This should be a good chance for the command staff to acquaint with each other before the ceremony this evening. Then they can get to know each other.

Talking of Steve, John glanced at the time on the console in front of him pondering where he might be, perhaps just getting up. That is providing that  he doesn't trip over the bags under his eyes of course. Steve looked six feet under when John conversed with Steve earlier today. Steve would be arriving last minute, that is a certainty.

John set the presentation to the beginning slide, by this time enough people entered the room to almost begin proceedings. All wondering what all this commotion is all about. They will all find out when, well, Steve has arrived.

John grabbed the console by each side and overlooked the room. People where talking or taking a seat, and an air of anticipation was in the air.  John again went to check the time again when a familiar voice.

“John”, Steve greeted John,  "Best we get this thing started. No doubt everyone's wondering why so many of them are here at once.". Steve said while shaking hands with John.

“Certainly”, John said, “the natives are getting restless”. John then watched Steve turn to address the other occupants of the room and request that they all take a seat. John again checked the time to see that it was dead on the hour.

John turned his glanced to the two Captains, Ethan Trane, and Zack Gillibrand, and announced in jest.
“Captain's Ethan Trane, and Zack Gillibrand, for your information this is indeed the location of said debriefing. Do not fret however,there will be plenty of trouble in store for the lot of you, I and Steve guarantee so.”.

After having a little joke, John finally turned to Steve, “Steve, up for this? The Presentation is in working order and we even have prompts and a console each.”.  John said, gliding his hand over the console. “But unfortunately we got them lot”.  John finished with a small chuckle.

Tag: Steve, All authorized personnel.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Ameicav - 12-02-2010

Somewhere on the starbase
1245 hours

Sir, you have a meeting in 15 minutes in the station's conference room Firestorm's telepathic communication interrupted Ornixen's train of thought.

Oh, crud, I was hoping I would have found that place by now....Where am I on the station

Sensors are showing you down in the core cargo section.  Schematics indicate that the conference room you are looking for is up in the command module, approximately 30 decks above you

Where's the nearest turbolift? Ornixen replied, looking around.

"Excuse me, sir, are you lost?" a young crewman asked, startling Ornixen.

"Actually, I am a bit.  I'm suppose to be at a meeting in Conference Room Alpha and I don't know how to get there from here."

"There is a turbolift right this way, sir, that should take you directly there."

The nearest turbolift is approximately 30 meters away on your left side

"Thank you, young man.  I'm sure you have other duties to attend to.  I can find my way from here."

Conference room Alpha
1250 hours

Ornixen walked confidently into the room, trying to hide the fact that he had been completely lost just a few minutes prior, and found a comfortable seat near the front of the room.

TAG Anybody in Attendance

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Ethan Trane - 12-03-2010

Starbase Thrinacea
Conference Room Alpha
1245 Hours

Ethan stood conversing with the two other officers, watching as others strode through the doors into the vast room. Not having been in a debriefing before, he knew hardly anyone. He knew his Executive Officer the best, and even that wasn’t all that much. He was astonished at the amount of officers strolling into the room, and was a bit overwhelmed at the sheer volume level the various conversations had risen to. It seemed even the three officers standing there nearly had to shout to be heard.

Ethan looked over at the door once again, seeing another officer walk into the room. Noticing the different look of the pips on his collar, he realized pretty quickly that it was the rank of Fleet Admiral. Ethan’s eyes doubled in size as he realized this meeting must be more than a mere debriefing if some of the highest ranking officers in Starfleet were involved.

Ethan lost track of the conversation, watching as the man strode to the Vice Admiral and began chatting. As they shook hands and moved to their respective podiums, Ethan simply said, “I think were about to get started.”

“Captain's Ethan Trane, and Zack Gillibrand, for your information this is indeed the location of said debriefing. Do not fret however, there will be plenty of trouble in store for the lot of you, I and Steve guarantee so.”

Ethan felt his face turn a few shades of red as he realized he had been singled out by the Vice Admiral he had spoken to when he had first arrived for the meeting. Ethan was glad to see the smile of jest appear after the comment.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, if I could ask you to take your seats, we'll get underway. I remind you this briefing is classified." The Fleet Admiral said.

Ethan turned slightly, eying a few chairs at a table nearby. “Shall we?” he asked the other Captain and the Commander. Moving as he spoke, he pulled out a chair that faced the two officers at the podiums so he could take in everything that they had to say.

TAG: Jemma, Zack, whoever

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Emma Wilkinson - 12-03-2010

(Jemma Grax)

Starbase Thrinacea
Conference Room Alpha
1245 Hours

Jemma stood with her Co and another Captain, chit chatting away, as more and more people entered the room. The anticipation was evident in everyone as the higher ranking officers increased in numbers.

Suddenly  the vice admiral at the head of the room called over in their general direction and called out, “Captain's Ethan Trane, and Zack Gillibrand, for your information this is indeed the location of said debriefing. Do not fret however, there will be plenty of trouble in store for the lot of you, I and Steve guarantee so.”  At which point Ethan blushed slightly, and she tried not to giggle.

The fleet Admiral called everyone’s attention and asked everyone to start taking their seats.
“Shall we?” Ethan asked heading to some empty chairs as everyone started making their way to take their own seats. Jemma nodded and sat on what was a surprisingly comfortable chair. Ethan and Zack took their respective seats, as the last of the crew made their way into the room and took their own seats around them.

Jemma couldn’t believe the number of high ranking officers amoung them. There must have been just as many Commanders as there were Captains, and a good number of Commodores, Vice Admirlas, and even Admirals. Whateven the brief was about, it was something of significance. Several ships worth personnel were present and many more, this was something big!

Tag; All

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Zack Gillibrand - 12-03-2010

{posting as Zack Gillibrand}

Starbase Thrinacea
Conference Room Alpha
1245 Hours

"I wish I had a little insight into this briefing to offer," said Zack in a confidential tone to Ethan.  "But the truth of the matter is, I'm just as in the dark as most everyone else.  Sure, I've heard rumors...highly advanced and deep-black technology projects, conspiracy theories, the whole ball of wax.  My retired XO was full of speculations.  Hell, Commander Haider had been in Starfleet for over sixty years so he likely had connections that I could only dream of.  Speaking of my XO...I wonder where she is? She damn well better be here on time--it's impolitic to be late for your first briefing on a new assignment."

As Zack finished his sentence, he and Ethan were approached by a lovely younger woman with dark hair and eyes.  Probably a Betazoid thought Zack to himself.  Ethan introduced her as his Executive Officer, Commander Jemma Grax.  He nodded politely to her.

"Commander Grax, it's my pleasure," said Zack.  "I would introduce you to the Independence's XO but I don't see her yet.  As soon as this briefing and reception are over, Independence is shipping out anyway.  We're off to an oh-so-glorious mapping survey of the Hopi Expanse in sector 575..."

“Captain's Ethan Trane, and Zack Gillibrand," began one of the gathered Admirals. "For your information this is indeed the location of said debriefing. Do not fret however,there will be plenty of trouble in store for the lot of you, I and Steve guarantee so.”

"Ladies and Gentlemen, if I could ask you to take your seats, we'll get underway. I remind you this briefing is classified," said the infamous Admiral Steve Malloway from the podium at the front of the room.  When had all these people come in? Zack must have been so absorbed in his chat with Ethan that he didn't notice.  Zack felt himself turn three or maybe even four shades redder than usual.  Ethan said "Shall we?" and headed toward some chairs, and Zack Gladly followed.  The doors swished open and his XO, Commander Jaden Thomas, made her entrance.  Zack nodded to her and motioned for her to come sit by him and Captain Trane. He waited patiently for the briefing to officially start...anxious to get it over with, anxious to put his dress uniform away again, and anxious to get on his way to the Hpoi Expanse.

{open tag}

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Malone Martize - 12-06-2010

Starbase Thrinicia
Conference Room Alpha
1245 hours

Malone walked up into the room as quickly as possible.
"My apologises for being late. The Starbase is easy to get lost in." He said as he nodded and greeted the personnel before in the room.

He then shuffled his uniform as he made his way to his seat at the conference room.

Tag Open

(I apologise for the short post. I'm serverly idea sick right now...I have no clue why i'm like this..)

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Steve Malloway - 12-07-2010

STARBASE THRINACIA
Conference Room Alpha
1302 hours

As the Commanding and Executive Officers began to take their seats the Admiral looked across the masses from his podium, the noise gradually dying down as all eyes began to rest on him. It was an odd sensation to have so many looking down at you at once, waiting for you to begin on something they knew nothing of, well save for a few. Yet, it was familiar still; it reminded him of his Academy days, teaching Command Cadets... but the only familiar feeling was merely the lecture-hall set out; rows of seats with small desks sat infront of them to look downwards at the mains stand. The Officers on the other hand were by no means Cadets. They were the best, the highest, and the ones that were (by Steve's standards) the few he was priveleged to call his colleagues.

He leant forward as silence ensued, leaning his hands on the edges of the console around the curving front of the podium. "Ladies and Gentlemen I will keep this as brief as possible, but there is quite a bit to take in. If at any time anyone has any questions, then do speak up." He paused, just incase and nodded to John to begin the presentation; who did so with a single tap to a button. The emblem was replaced with one of the very few images of the Gateway. An extremely thin 'edge' had been constructed around the rim of the gateway, with a docking station and command centre attached to its left-hand side, simple in design, yet boasted an elegance. "This, is your latest toy. By Starfleet database reference you would all probably be familiar with the name Iconian Gateway," he turned to look upon the Commanders, "however much bigger than those previously discovered. It measures mere meters bigger than a Galaxy Class vessel." Again he paused, the murmurs from those present hissing across the expanse, dying again as they noticed the Admiral's waiting posture. "Station Iconia has been tasked with monitoring the activity of the Gateway-"

"Sir?"

Steve zipped his line of sight across the Captain who's hand had shot up and spoke forth. "Yes, Captain Joly."

"My apologies for interupting, but can you define 'monitoring'? Noone, on our records atleast, has managed to keep a stable gateway open, let alone been able to monitor their activity."

"No no, Captain, I did say any questions by all means." Steve replied firstly, tapping a button to change the image to specifications of what seemed to be Starfleet transporter technology, mixed with Borg counterparts, and various other sensor techniques and commodities. "From working with many of you for 2 or so years now, I think it is safe to say that many of you realise I am not a whizz in the Science department; therefore I wont lie to you - I dont know the ins and outs of how this thing works, nor will I lie and say it is fully-operational. It is desperately-so in its infant stages. All I know is that the technology you see before you has all been adapted, connected and utilised in ways that enable us to keep a somewhat steady gateway open. I say somewhat, the longest period of time has been 3 days - but that was with nothing sent through. Seven of Nine, whom I am sure you are all aware of, was able to help us in many ways due to her vast knowledge of alien species technology and has become one of the leading co-ordinators of this project. So basically, if something goes wrong you lot cant blame me... maybe Vice Admiral Morgan if you push it, but I'm clean." He allowed for a small murmur of laughter as he looked this way and that at the Commanders in the room. "Before we continue, are there any questions? No matter how small, they may be of use to others, and myself if I miss anything."

TAG: ALL Present