SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Ethan Trane - 11-14-2010

OOC: this is the timeline I'm on from the Braveheart, adjust it as necessary

IC:
USS Braveheart Docked with Starbase Thrinacea
Ready Room
1230 Hours

Ethan exited the ready room and made his way to the turbolift. He had decided it was time to get back to the Starbase and wander the promenade before his first ‘official’ debriefing. His hands clasped behind his back as he walked through his ship, Ethan took in the serenity of the emptiness. As he savored the moment, he wondered how long it would last, and if he would ever hear it this quiet again.

As he reached the lift, he stepped forward watching the doors part with the familiar hiss, and entered. “Docking port” he said, and felt the lift rush into service. He never could understand how those things could move as fast as they did and not put the occupants in a heap on the floor.

A short time later, Ethan felt the lift slow to a halt and the doors opened this time revealing a corridor leading to the docking port, the ship on this side, the Starbase on the other. Leaving the lift, he continued on towards the lift, watching the doors part revealing the entirely different world of the Starbase.

Stepping through the hole, Ethan looked both ways trying to determine which way he wanted to go. Looking back towards his left, he decided he would take a slow stroll past the shops at this end, being as this was the quickest route to the conference room. The sheer number of people and shops always amazed him. It seemed to him that there was never any lack of consumers in the shops conducting business with its owner.

Bright lights flashing, gaming tables beeping and whistling, announcing the players that sat in front of them as winners, Ethan smiled at their luck, knowing if it weren’t for bad luck, he’d have none at all. Shaking his head in slight disbelief, he always wondered who much they winner had put forth to win whatever amount they had won, and if what they had won even came close to covering what they had spent.

Passing the gaming room, Ethan smelled the savory aroma of food wafting through the next set of doors. Checking the time, he realized that all he had the past few hours was coffee sloshing around in his stomach. With his recent promotion, trying to get used to being a Captain, trying to get comfortable with the idea of having a ready room, a ship, and more importantly, a crew, he had forgotten to eat, and that would have to wait a while longer.

Passing the promenade, He made his way to the debriefing, taking the lift on the promenade level, he simply said, “Conference Room Alpha.” Holding the railing, he took the ride and exited the lift when the parting doors permitted him to do so. Looking around for the correct room, he walked to the wall unit, and tapped it.

“Conference Room Alpha,” he said, and waited as the lights showed him the route to take. Making his way down the final corridor, Ethan Paused at the doorway, tugged the wrinkles out of his tunic, took a deep breath and exhaled it out, and stepped forward.

Seeing an individual with a command red suit like his own, Ethan stepped forward, and said, “Excuse me, is this the right place for the debriefing at 1300?”

Tag: Vice Admiral Morgan et al

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Emma Wilkinson - 11-16-2010

(OOC: Sorry this is out of line with the time…but only just caught up, so sorry Ethan)

STARBASE THRINACIA, Merenion Nebulae Cluster
Shuttle Bay 2
10.02 hours

Jemma Finally arrived at Starbade Thrinacia, after what seemed a lifetime on the shuttle. After the Braveheart’s last mission, and subsequent disaster, Jemma had been mildly wounded in an explosion. She had taken time off to recover on betazed, seeing friends and family as well and generally having some down time to fully recover mentally as well as physically. However fully healed, refreshed and revitalised, she was back and ready for action. She had wanted to get to the station a little sooner than she had to settle, but it hadn’t worked out that way. Better late than never. She thought to herself.

As Jemma stepped from the shuttle with her bags she smiled as she looked around at the hustle and bustle going on around her. After nearly being knocked flat by a hurrying Ensign, Jemma stepped to the side by a computer panel and located her CO. The computer located its target, he was aboard the Braveheart, in his ready room. With a spring in her step setting her shoulder length blonde hair bouncing, Jemma made her way to the Braveheart.

Upon setting foot aboard the ship, Jemma realised she still had her things with her. Checking her orders for her quarters assignment she changed direction and made her way through the corridors. Once her quarters were found and her bags had been dumped unceremoniously on the floor inside the door, Jemma made her way over to the computer and checked for any messages. Sure enough there were some. The most important of which was;
TO: United Federation of Planets Defence Fleet Commanding Officer
RE: Cermony and Debrief

LOCATION AND TIME OF DEBRIEF: Starbase 402 'Thrinacia', Conference Room Alpha, 1300 hours, Stardate 65784
LOCATION AND TIME OF CEREMONY: As above, @ 1900 hours, Main Gallery

DEBRIEF ATTENDEES: Commanding Officers, Executive Officers
CEREMONY ATTENDEES: All Officers and Crew

ATTIRE: Duty Uniform for Debrief, Dress Uniform for Ceremony

Oh good a party she thought to herself And we even get to dress up! Cool. Jemma, unlike most, enjoyed dress uniform, mainly because she looked good in it as it flattered her immensely, but mainly because everyone looked so smart and official.

The second interesting bit of information was that of their command change. Don was no longer CO, Captain Trane had taken his place. With a shrug of her shoulders Jemma called out, ‘Computer, locate Captain Trane.’ The computer replied momentarily with ‘Captain Trane is in his ready room.’

Checking there was no other important information she needed, and finding nothing else particularly of interest, she headed out the door and to the nearest turbolift. Stepping in, she called out ‘Bridge’ and took a deep breath as it whisked her off to her destination.

Stepping onto the bridge, Jemma recognised a few faces, but there were a few new ones mixed among them. At least that will keep things interesting. She thought scanning the room. Very interesting considering people will be reporting in expecting Don. Jemma then suddenly realised that most of the crew would not have been informed, it was only due to luck that she had checked her messages before making her way to the bridge that gave her the heads up. Not everyone would even be privy to the information until it was announced. Making her way over to the ready room door and pressing the chime Jemma waiting patiently for a reply with a small smile on her face.

Tag Ethan (…JP??)

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Zack Gillibrand - 11-18-2010

[Posting as Captain Zack Gillibrand]

USS Independence, NCC-57612, docked with Starbase Thrinacia
Captain's Quarters, Deck Two
1225 hours

Captain Zack Gillibrand put the comb down on the stainless steel lavatory sink, finally satisfied that his hair was as close to perfect as it was going to get today.  Some days he considered wearing his hair shorter, something a little easier to style and maintain; the truth was, he really liked the way his hair looked right now--long enough that it was slightly wavy, not long enough that it was unruly. Zack leaned slightly forward to take a closer look at his face one last time before the briefing on the Starbase, and he was satisfied with what he saw except for the very slight wrinkles developing around his eyes and lips. That's what happens when you hit 40, Zack old boy he said to himself.  Zack left the lavatory, exited his quarters and proceeded down the corridor to the turbolift.  Once in the lift car he stated his destination as the Docking Hatch on deck five, and the lift car's magnetic motors hummed to life and took him there swiftly.  He exited the Independence through the hatch and proceeded toward the briefing in Conference Room Alpha.

Even though he was a veteran of over 20 years in Starfleet, Zack Gillibrand still marveled at the enormity and sheer scale of Federation starbases.  They were engineering marvels, self-sustaining orbital habitats housing thousands of crew and personnel.  They were also very easy to get lost in, so Zack decided to leave little to chance.  He consulted the Master Systems Display near the entrance to the docking bay, found his destination and got into the nearest turbolift car.  Since the Conference Room was near the "top" of the large top-shaped structure, the ride to the appropriate level took a few minutes.  Once the lift stopped, Zack followed the directional signs toward the Conference Room.  He was familiar with many Captains in the fleet; some he knew personally, some by reputation only.  Since the UFPDF was a new division of Starfleet and his taskforce was likewise new, Zack was not familiar with most of his fellow Captains in the taskforce.  He had known Don McGriff of the Braveheart a little, but there had been a change of command on that vessel and Zack was not yet acquainted with the new CO.  Melanie Woodcroft of the Thunderstorm had quite a reputation in Security and Tactical circles. The Angels Flight was a Prometheus class vessel, a heavy tactical cruiser commanded by the enigmatic Mara Shax--whom Zack knew by reputation only.  The remainder of the Task Force Zack knew next to nothing about, mostly because he had not gotten that far in the Task Force personnel manifest yet.

As Zack rounded the last corner, he saw another individual outside the door to what he assumed was Conference Room Alpha.  The other man was wearing command red also, with dark hair and a very handsome face.  The other officer seemed to pause for a moment, then pulled down his uniform tunic to straighten it out and entered the Conference Room.  Zack was only a few steps behind him, but the other officer had apparently not noticed.  Zack came to the door as it was about to hiss closed, tripping the sensor before it could start.

“Excuse me, is this the right place for the debriefing at 1300?” asked the other Captain, addressing another command-level officer that was in the Conference Room.

"Well if it isn't we're both in trouble," said Zack in his usual broad-voweled Rigel colonies accent, pronouncing the last word like trooble.  He approached the other Captain, smiling slightly, and extended a hand.  "Zack Gillibrand, USS Independence.  It's a pleasure."

[open tag]

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Ethan Trane - 11-18-2010

Starbase Thrinacea
Conference Room Alpha
1238 Hours

Ethan stood waiting for a reply from the officer in front of him when he was startled by a voice coming from behind him.

"Well if it isn't we're both in trouble," said Zack in his usual broad-voweled Rigel colonies accent, pronouncing the last word like trooble.  He approached the other Captain, smiling slightly, and extended a hand.  "Zack Gillibrand, USS Independence.  It's a pleasure."

Jumping slightly at the unexpected voice, Ethan grinned and turned slowly, making sure he was actually the one being spoken to. Taking a step forward, his own hand extended, Ethan replied, “Ethan Trane, USS Braveheart. Pleasure’s mine.”

Willing to keep the conversation going, both to make new friends, as well as to get to know his fellow Captains, Ethan decided to open up about his recent promotion. “To be honest, I’ve only been Captain of the Braveheart since earlier this morning. I’m still trying to get used to the added weight of the fourth pip, let alone wrap my mind around the command of the ship.”

While he didn’t want to seem overconfident, neither did he want to seem too nervous either. He felt okay inside, just a bit of confidence and not too many nerves, yet. He wasn’t sure what to expect from either any of the captains, of the debriefing. He was sure of one thing: he would find out the answers to both very shortly.

Tag: Zack

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Zack Gillibrand - 11-19-2010

Starbase Thrinacia
Conference Room Alpha
1240 hours

After shaking hands with and being introduced to Captain Trane, the Braveheart's newly minted CO explained that he had only been captain for a short while.  He had assumed command of said vessel this morning.  Captain Trane was apparently still getting used to the notion of it being his ship to command.

"Ah, I remember my feelings when I first took command," said Zack as he diverted two steps to the replicator unit and ordered a clear, fizzy beverage.  "Bolian tonic water," he said, taking a small sip.  "Calms the nerves.  Let me give you a bit of my perspective on Command, Ethan...may I call you Ethan?  You can call me Zack.  Some of us are fueled by the authority that being the Commanding Officer, the final authority in your little domain, grants us.  Then there are those like me that have more of a 'big brother' type of relationship with our crew.  I've always ran a pretty loose ship, and it's pretty important to me that the crew is comfortable enough with me that they can talk to me about anything from galactic politics to their favorite recipes.  Your crew is going to test you, see how much they can get away with.  Just try not to be too hard on them at first--its only natural.  Here I am, speaking like a wise old sage and I've only been a Captain for six years.  Just be glad that you came to this position through a smooth and orderly change of the guard.  I became a Captain after the Youngstown's Captain and XO were killed and we lost over three quarters of the crew in a surprise Tholian attack.  I was the second officer, and a compromise choice. I just hope I've proven to Command that they didn't make a mistake." said Zack, giving his colleague a small smile. "Sorry, I have a slight tendency to talk a lot. I haven't let you get a word in edgewise."

[tag Ethan, open]

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Ethan Trane - 11-19-2010

Starvase Thrinacea
Conference Room Alpha
1245 Hours

Ethan followed Zack towards the replicator, ordering himself a black coffee, after Zack retrieved his own order. Sipping at the liquid, he listened as Zack explained his thoughts on being a Captain.

“Ethan is fine, Zack.” He replied, both smiling and raising his mug slightly.

Ethan was all ears, he had served under numerous Captains in the past, both the friendly type, as well as the overly aggressive type. He wasn’t sure what type he would become, he had an idea how he wanted to be, but that would remain to be seen.

When Zack finished, Ethan laughed, he knew what it was like to carry on. He hoped the enthusiasm this Captain showed followed Ethan to his own ship. “That’s alright, Zack. I rather like hearing your take on the position. It gives me a bit of insight on what to expect.” Ethan replied at the apology.

“What about this briefing? Any idea what I can expect from this?” Ethan asked, he wanted to have a bit of forewarning going in if he could get it.

Tag:Zack

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Ethan Trane - 11-24-2010

OOC: Backposting a bit here

USS Braveheart
CO's Ready Room
1020 Hours

Ethan sat at the desk, his desk, running his hand along the smooth, overly polished edge. A smile splaying across his face, his head shaking side to side in disbelief. He had finally been promoted to Captain, given command of a ship, and now that he had it, he wasn't sure he wanted it. For so long he had dreamed of being here, and now, having both his goals met, basically at the same time, he didn't know what to set as new goals.

Disturbing his thought was the door chime. Raising his hand, clearing his throat, and interlocking his fingers with his hands on his desk in front of him, he announced, "Come in."

As Jemma heard the call to enter, she did so. Stepping through the door as they parted, and stepped further into the room to stand infront of the desk as the doors hissed shut again behind her. Clasping her hands behind her back and standing to attention, Jemma announced herself.

"Commander Jemma Grax, Executive Officer, reporting in Sir." She said waiting to be told to relax as she so often was. She thought it better etiquette to start formal and be told to relax than the other way around. With Don she only did it the first time they met, and from then on it was pretty informal, however she was not about to assume the same of her new CO.

Ethan watched the doors part to reveal a woman in a red uniform. By the pips on her collar, a commander. He continued watching as she made her way to his desk. Standing himself, as she reported in, he moved around to the front of his desk.

His hands behind his back as he walked, he stopped at the corner of his desk, sat on the edge, and said, "At ease, Jemma, while we're in here, no rigid formalities are necessary."

Sticking out his hand and smiling, he said, "Ethan Trane, you can call me Ethan, if you feel comfortable with that. Nice to meet you."

Jemma took the offered hand with a smile and relaxed. "Pleasure to meet you too Ethan." Jemma replied with a genuine smile. "I'm guessing this was a rather sudden change for you too?" Jemma stated more than asked. "Only guessing, because upon leaving Betazed for this assignment we had one CO, and on arrival here, we have...well another." She said gesturing to him with a lighthearted chuckle. She didn't have a problem with any other this, she was only really fishing for any informtion she might find usefull later.

You didn't have to be telepathic to sense that Ethan was overwhelmed...but Jemma found it helped, especially for a person in her position. With previous experience as a ships counsellor under her belt, and her abilities as a betazoid, she picked up on things much clearer than others, and not many could get things passed her. "Anything i can help with?" She asked to break the ice a little further.

"This was sudden, and unexpected to say the least. I am still reeling a bit over the fact that this all happened as quickly as it has." Ethan replied. Standing, he made his way to the replicator and ordered a black coffee, turning to look at his number one, he said, "Anything?"

Waiting at the replicator, Ethan heard her ask if he needed help with anything. Shrugging his shoulders, he simply said, "Right now, I just don't know. I',m not sure what to expect, or what I'm supposed to be doing, yet here I am because someone in the upper echelon thought I was worthy of this position. "

"Oh, I know the basics, but the real inner workings of it all is something I guess I'm going to have to figure out as I go, and hopefully, I will have your help with that. It will most likely be rough for a while until I get my feet wet, and I will tell you now that I am extremely grateful for any help you can offer." Ethan said, while waiting at the replicator to order a beverage for Jemma should she want one. 

Jemma listened quietly, watching Ethan move around the room and replicate himself a drink. Offering her one as well, Jemma thought momentarily and replied with a small grin, "Hot Chocolate, please." She had been introduced to the drink on one of her first missions after graduating from the academy, and it had been a bit of a favourite ever since.

As he collected his drink and ordered hers she continued, "I'm sure Command wouldn't have put you incharge if they didn't think you could do a good job of things. Anyway, as for not knowing what to do, or how to go about it, thats what XO's are for isn't it?" She questioned with a smirk. "On a more serious note, anything you want to know, or if you need anything done, just ask and consider it done." She said with a firm nod of her head. She could joke with the best of them, but when it came down to business, nothing got in her way, and she would do what it took.

"Anything you particulary need a hand with at this present moment in time??" She asked, hoping she could lend a hand straight away, and make herself usefull. Having been out of commission, even for the short time she had been, she was eager to get back in the saddle, and this seemed the perfect opportunity.

Ethan returned to the desk, taking his seat as he set both drinks in their respective places. Nodding at the right places, Ethan took in everything Jemma was saying. "it's kind of you to say Starfleet has that much faith in me, I however, have yet to prove that to myself."

Smiling, Ethan wanted to keep this first meeting light-hearted. He knew how important it was to get off on the right foot. He was glad to have an eager XO willing to help with anything.

"I guess for now, what I need, what we need," he stressed, "is to make sure our ship and crew are ready to go, not only with their departments, but with their pre-mission physicals. We need to make sure anything that needs to be addressed is, and anything that needs fixing is fixed."

Ethan sipped his coffee and continued. "The only other thing I can think of is to make sure you are at the debriefing with me at 1300, and that the rest of the crew are at the party at 1900. Unless I'm already missing something that you should be doing, and I haven't said it yet." Ethan smiled sheepishly, feeling the color grow to a bright red in his cheeks.

Jemma picked up her drink and took a deep wiff before bringing it to her lips and savouring the taste, listening and thinking whilst making mental check lists silently to herself. "I've already picked up the message reguarding the Debriefing, and will of course be present. As for the party, i'm personally looking forward to it." She paused to take another swig of the sweet chocolate in her mug.

"I can't think of anything i should be doing, apart from getting my own physical over and done with, as well as checking in with the Counsellor. I'll make it clear to the crew to get theirs over with as well. Being prepared for anything immediatly is the best plan of action...especially considering this whole fiasco seems rather misterious." Jemma pointed out draining the remanents of her drink and setting the mug back down with a smile. "Any idea what is actually going on out there?" She asked knowing full well that even if he did know any more than she did, he probably couldn't tell her, but it was worth a try. More Information meant being better prepared for any eventuality.

Picking up his mug, Ethan took a long pull from his coffee, realizing halfway through that it was just past the warm point, getting colder. Wincing and grimacing at the temperature and taste as it went, down, he set the mug down, and pushed it slightly out of reach. 

"I honestly have no idea what you are even asking, Jemma. I've not gotten anything from Command nor have I even heard anything about what this debrief is about, though, the question you just asked might just be answered along with many others when it takes place."

Ethan sat back in his chair, swinging one leg over the other. "If you would care to elaborate, or at least share what you know, it would be most beneficial to me, going into the meeting with some background information." Ethan said, waiting for the XO to start her own debrief of sorts.

Jemma smiled, "Unfortunatly, I know as little as you...so we shall just have to wait and see." She finished with a shrug of her slender shoulders. "On that note however, I should get a move on, people to harass, assignments to dish out, and debriefings and parties to prepare for!" She rallied off, doing a quick mental check list. "Not to mention sorting out physical and mental appointments." She smiled rolling her eyes playfully. "So...unless there is anything else?" She asked, checking before she could think about get up. She waited for Ethan to think of anything, giving him a few quiet seconds to think things through.

Ethan sat taking in what she had said. His interest was certainly piqued by the fact that something was going on and he knew nothing about it. He guessed good information cam to those who waited...for debriefs.

"Nothing on my end. Good to have you aboard and I look forward to working with you. See you at the debrief. 1300, don't be late." he added. Standing as she did, moving around his desk. Walking her to the door, he shook hands with his new XO and watched her depart.

JP Between Captain Ethan Trane and Commander Jemma Grax

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Melanie Woodcroft - 11-24-2010

OOC: Posting as all

Starbase Thrinicia
Conference room

Melanie had gotten word to all of her crew about a ceremony and told them to be in their best dress attire as she headed to the conference room. She had padds in her hand about the ships in her Taskforce and she looked over all the reports again to make sure they were all completed. She had been getting them for quite some time now and so far everything looked okay. Not good but okay. She knew she had to get some things up and going in the taskforce to keep it up and going and she didnt have any ideas yet but she was hoping she would soon. she heads in the conference room and sits down after she had nodded to everyone else and keeps reading.

Leanna Michaels walked in as well with a padd from her captain and she handed it to melanie with some information. Melanie looks up and nods at her. "thank you commander." she said to her and Leanna sits down. Leanna being the First officer of the USS Agamemon, the TFCO's ship had taken command due to some circumstances with the captain. They both start talking to another about things on the ship.

TAG

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Emma Wilkinson - 11-26-2010

(Jemma Grax)
USS Braveheart
CO's Ready Room
11:00

After her talk with her new Captain, Jemma left his ready room with a smile on her face. She was back on a starship, with a new crew and CO and couldn’t wait for things to get started. Jemma jumped back into the turbolift and made her way swiftly to her quarters, she didn’t have much time left before she had to be at the briefing and she wanted to send out a few messages before showering and changing.

Upon entering her quarters she instantly moved over to her work station, and drew up two messages, one for the ships counsellor and one for the ships medical officer, for when they came aboard. Basically they were asking for a time that they would be able to do her mental and physical exams so that she of all people would be ready and cleared before the rest of the crew. Jemma believed is setting good examples, some called her a suck up or a swat, but it had done her no harm up till now, in fact it had always served her well and got her goof results.

When she had finished with the messages, she jumped in the shower and cleaned up. Walking back over to her things wrapped in a white fluffy towel Jemma sorted out her things as she dried off, and got dressed back into uniform. She then laid out her dress uniform for later, making sure everything was correct and flat after being transported.

Computer, ‘Time’ she called out, and with a bleep the computer responded with ’12:20.’ Jemma laughed, she always lost track of time in the shower, the hot water soothing her muscles, she often just stood there enjoying the sensation before having to get a move on.

Throwing the last few things around her quarters and leaving the homely touches for later, Jemma finally made her way to the briefing at 12:45 just to make sure she wasn’t late, and to meet and greet those who arrived early as well.

On arrival a few minutes later, there were only a few officers ahead of her. One was her CO Ethan, who was talking to another officer, and there were a further few officers talking amongst themselves. Jemma made her way over to Ethan with a smile and a nod, ‘Arriving on time as ordered sir.’ She said with her hands behind her back with a warm smile spreading across her face as she stopped and rocked onto her toes for exaggeration.

Tag...Ethan / anyone

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Emma Wilkinson - 11-26-2010

(Emma Wilkinson)
Shuttle – Approaching Starbase Thrinacia
12:15

Commodore Wilkinson sat in the shuttle pod, which was making its way to her next assignment.  Emma was the new Chief of Staff for Thrinacia, and she was looking forward to it, as she would be joining some very old friends. Emma had been bought into the assignment on rather short notice, but that didn’t bother her, she was a fly by the seat of your pants kind of person anyway, although she did like to do it in a strangely organised fashion. She was a bit of a paradox really as many saw her as an organised, methodical person, and others saw her as the complete opposite. Emma saw herself as someone who just got on with the job; however it needed to be done.

The message pertaining to the briefing and the party afterwards had reached her, just before she had jumped aboard the shuttle she was currently sitting in. The assignment sounded like an interesting one, especially considering who she would be working with.

As the shuttle waited for clearance Emma prepared herself, there was very little time to sort anything out before the briefing took place. She already knew what she was going to do, she had already located her quarters, but was simply going to leave her things for someone else to move, she didn’t have the time to go there before making her way.

Once the shuttle had finally reached its destination, Emma stepped out and left instructions for her belongings to be taken to her quarters. Checking the time and finding it to already be 12:48, Emma made her way at a swift walk to the designated Briefing room. As she approached the door, a Betazoid female with the rank of Commander, stepped in just before her as she rounded the bend.

Emma walked into the briefing room to find very few members of staff already there, and as there was no-one that she recognised she simply took a seat near the head of the table, nodded to the Betazoid who nodded towards her, and intertwined her fingers under her chin as she leant against the table, waiting for more to arrive and the brief to start.

Tag…anyone.