SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Steve Malloway - 10-01-2010

Posting as Lt. Cmdr. Michael Gregrez, incoming Chief Engineer for USS Braveheart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USS Barbaranne, docked with Starbase Thrinacia
Leaving It
1230 hours

The rucksack was digging into his shoulders annoyingly as he walked, more than his own mother's nagging annoyed him when he was a teenager, and that was saying something. But, he knew he hadnt far to go. A quick jump from one ship to another and he'd be able to slam the sack down and report in.

Well, report in eventually. Michael thought to himself as he smiled to the security officer at the docking bay, taking his credentials back as he carried on. There was an awful amount of attention on security through the base and sector it seemed. The Barbaranne it would seem had difficulty even entering the system without the correct authorisation. In the end it had simply been the comm. channel being out of sync, which put off the command algorithm.

However, regardless of the increased security, the hussle and bussle of the promenade was as expected; if not busier. Shopkeepers hollared out this and that to passing customers, customers nattered amongst themselves, children screamed in buggies or ran out infront of people. Michael did not care much for children. It was now at the point that 7 children had almost tripped him up, and he was having to restrain himself from hitting any that got within arms reach. Not long now and he'd be in the safe-haven of the Braveheart.

"There hadnt better be kids onboard in any case." He murmured aloud, smiling as he let a group of women pass across his path, looking up at the sign for the docking bay the Braveheart was encoded at. He nodded, moving his pace a little faster as he walked on, eventually loosing the civilian crowds as he walked down some corridors, passing a few officers here and there. Some were discussing what Michael had noticed too; the heightened security measures everywhere, and some were reading PADDs as they walked. Seemed he was the only one without something constructive to do, and his fingers were eagerly awaiting the opportunity to grasp at the Braveheart’s bits and pieces.

“Lieutenant Commander Gregrez, Chief Engineer.” Michael stated to the docking port officer as he approached, handing over the same PADD from earlier. Smile ya miserable sod. He thought to himself as he looked at the unhappy Ensign who merely glanced at the credentials, nodded and permitted Michael to walk by. “Thanks.” The Engineer hissed over his shoulder as he continued on, looking down the corridor that swept out before him. His new home.

TAG: Anyone

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Zack Gillibrand - 10-02-2010

{OOC: Sorry for my slow response this time, my allergies have been acting up really bad and I've been pretty much miserable the last few days.  Meh.}

[Posting as LtCmdr. Torin Elano, Chief of Operations, USS Braveheart]

USS Braveheart
Captain's Ready Room
1153 hours

Torin listened very closely to the Captain's words; his attitude seemed to be similar to that of Captain Quentin Boyd, his previous CO on the Babylon.  The long and short of it was as long as it doesn't interfere with normal shipboard operations, Captain Trane was essentially cool with the situation.  It was what Torin had expected to hear, but he was glad the Captain had said aloud.  Torin waited for the captain to pause before he spoke himself.

"I can assure you," he began earnestly, "that my living situation and marital arrangement will not interfere with normal shipboard operations, Sir.  Captain Boyd can attest to the fact that myself and Rennan do not ask for nor require anything beyond joint quarters and equal treatment as per protocol.  And as far as my medication is concerned...I more or less have that under control, although I am required to consult with the Doctor every few days to ensure that my dosages are meeting my needs.  I keep a standing supply of theragenic isocyanate in mine & Rennan's quarters, and I usually keep a hypospray nearby in case I need a booster dose. I also have standing weekly appointments with the Counselor--which I will arrange once I meet her.  I find it to be useful to talk with somebody that understands my situation a little more intimately and can offer detatched, professional advice," said Torin.  He emptied his glass with a large gulp, then placed the empty glass on the corner of the Captain's desk.  "Thank you for the drink, Sir.  If there's nothing else, I'm going to begin talking with my staff and dividing up assignments."

{tag: mon Capitan? maybe?}

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Ethan Trane - 10-05-2010

USS Braveheart
Ready Room
1155 Hours

Ethan was relieved to hear that the man would not let anything interfere with his job. Being a new CO, he knew it was his job to make everyone feel welcome, though he had had a few CO's in his time that made even himself feel uncomfortable, he didn't want to be that Captain. He had it in his mind already that everyone would be welcome on his ship, until they proved that they didn't belong there.

As he sipped his coffee, Ethan watched and nodded, showing the Commander that he was hearing what was being said, and agreed with the valid points. "I am glad to hear you are willing to do your part in this COmmander, I will make sure everyone else does theirs."

Quote:"Thank you for the drink, Sir.  If there's nothing else, I'm going to begin talking with my staff and dividing up assignments."

"That is all I have." Ethan replied. Pushing his chair back, he stood, stretched out his hand, and said, "Welcome aboard, Commander, I look forward to working with you. See you at the party."

TAG: Torin, if you have anything

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Zack Gillibrand - 10-05-2010

[Posting as Captain Zack Gillibrand]

USS Independence
Captain's Ready Room
1152 hours

Following a brief but cordial conversation, Zack had dismissed the XO so she could begin settling herself into her new quarters and familiarize herself with the layout of the ship.  The Challenger class was an uncommon design that had never proven too popular with Starfleet Command; they had made only 150 of the class, and most of them had been destroyed during major Dominion War engagements.  The vertical-stack nacelle configuration gave the class an unusual profile, but the uncommon center of gravity gave Challengers more robust maneuverability at impulse speeds; the unusual warp field geometry meant that Challengers had difficulty at high warp speeds, and seldom reached their maximum rated warp 9.35.  Nonetheless, Zack felt that the design had a certain quiet, unassuming beauty to it and still treated his ship like a Lady. 

He was on his second cup of Vulcan Spice Tea of the day, and it probably would not be his last.  The deep amber tea, with its hints of clove and several other more pungent spices native to Vulcan, had always calmed his nerves despite the very high caffeine content.  Most officers that drank the tea preferred it sweetened and with milk, but Zack drank his in the traditional Vulcan style--unsweetened and no milk.  He set his cup down on a saucer delicately, then resumed studying his next mission profile.  Their assignment was a mapping mission to Sector 575, a remote area claimed by the Federation but never formally surveyed.  There were copies of a few reports from commercial vessels that had passed through the sector, although they provided little in the way of actual useful data.  So far, every vessel that passed through had done so without incident or encounter from any other starfaring race.  Not surprising, given the sector's off the beaten path location and its position outside any major shipping lanes.  Essentially, this mission was going to be a no-brainer.  Still, Zack forwarded all available data to the CONN and Science officers to get their take and to keep them in the loop. 

The chime rang once again, and Zack instructed whomever it was to enter.

[tag: John Haven]
[OOC: Captain Woodcroft, I will get a post in for my character on the Thunderstorm by end of the week]

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - John Morgan - 10-09-2010

0730 Hours.
Promenade, STARBASE THRINACIA

After finishing his coffee, John decided to stroll the promenade before getting work done. John looked over the commotion of  those present in his view, as he scanned the place.  The promenade was full of activity, full of people moving assignments, setting up shop, and doing work in general.
This of course made it difficult to go anywhere, and after a while, John decided to get to his quarters and pick up the reports he left in his quarters. Johns thoughts wandered to what Steve would be up to at this time. Thinking he is most likely deep in paper work, got to love paper work.

Remembering that he him self has a fair amount before the festivities in the afternoon, like the debriefing, and more. John began wading his way through the many people in promenade. These starbases are big, but this place still found it self packed full of people, like an expansive tin of sardines floating through space. John slowly reached a corridor, where things picked up a bit. With less people, he could pick up his pace towards his goal of reaching his office.

After a reasonable walk, John got back to his quarters, opening the room, it was in the same state he left it an hour and half a go. He glanced the room, then set his focus on the desk next to the door, one PADD in particular, was it set on. There where a number on his desk, but this was the the one he was interested in, picking it up, he left his room.

John head for his office. This office was temporary. For his ship, currently in dry dock under heady repairs, from an incident not so long a go. Thinking of his ship, John seemed to not realise that his walking got him further than he thought, and he was in front of the door to the office already.

John stepped inside. The room was not big, containing a desk facing the door, with three chairs, and a few shelves behind. The room was a bit of a mess, comprised number of PADD's scattered the room. One could see the floor however. John approached the desk, placed the PADD he carried with him on it. He then walked round and sat at the desk. Sitting back into the seat, his thoughts wondered back to his ship.

The USS Elimination, ridiculously named Prometheous class starship, but fitting. The Prometheous  class is a battle orientated ship capable of forming its own Taskforce almost. The multi-vector assault mode is certainly a feared mechanism which allows the ship to almost quadruple its attack power. This however was not enough a month ago. They where caught off guard by some unknown ship along the neutral zone. The ship took out the Eliminations sensor array after it cloaked, but the Elimination managed to escape, even if rather limp. This is the only incident to date, and Starfleet has not pursued it due to limited of resources.
It will be a while before his ship gets back in action, and he can't wait. Until then, he will be pushing pencils on this station. How fun.

John, picked up the PADD he brought with him, and began work.

1030 hours

After several hours of work, he was essentially done. This was the first chance he got to look at any messages he had received since get out of bed . Looking through, it was mostly people cancelling events for this afternoons main event. There was one interesting security bulletin however. There was a report of a guest who seem to just come out of no where, and is staying in the guest quarters, orders by Steve himself that his ship, which equally appeared out of no where, is now docked. This guest was apparently a Human, but his ship was one unknown origin to starfleets records. This combination is strange to say the least.

John thought it was strange, that it would be worth checking out. So, John decided to get of his seat and take a walk, headed out of the office and proceeded to the guest quarters.

He headed for a turbo lift. Why would a human in a strange ship just appear out of nowhere, this question am sure John will find when he got to the quarters, entering the turbo lift.
John requested the desired location.

“Guest quarters, if you please.”, John asked.

The turbo doors shut, followed by a small judder as the turbo lift began its traversing, John's thoughts started to dwell to this afternoons proceedings, but then as quickly as the doors shut, he was at his destination.

Exiting the turbo lift,  John proceeded down the corridor, passing every door along it, he also passed a pair of security guards, who seem to be heading for the turbo lift John just used, he continued until there was a familiar figure before him.

“Steve, got a guest do we?” John asked him to grab his attention.

Steve Malloway turned round, and replied, “ Morning John, yes I do. A gentleman named Kuchaba Ornixen, he has an interesting story.”.

“Seems to appeared completely out of no where according to security reports, Merlin's not back in town is he?” John jested.

Steve simply smiled to Johns slight jest.

Looking at Steve, John could see he was drained of energy.

“Steve, you look worse than the dead. I presume you stayed up all night dealing with paper work didn't you? Not that matters, why don't you get some rest ol' boy, going to need your energy for later. I will entertain our guest in the mean time.”.

Steve rubbed his hands down his face and said “Right you are John, I will leave this in your capable hands”, Steve then headed off.

With Steve heading off, hopefully to get some rest, John turned to the door. Pressing the chime, John thought as this Ornixen had not answered yet, they would do so imminently.

Tag:  Ornixen

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Elvira - 10-09-2010

Promanade
Starbase Thrinacia
1200 hrs

Elvira had gotten her team aboard the Agamenmon and settled into thier quarters, she had also given them thier shift rotas. Now she was back on the station doing some shopping she was  dressed in a pair of form fitting black jeans with sky blue fitted blouse , there were food stuffs she could buy here that were real fresh food not replicated. Also there was plenty of other things to draw a womans attentions, and part her from her latinum and Elvira had plenty of that . . . . she just never let it be known exactly what she had. As she wondered around the promanade she realised she was feeling hungry and had not eaten a proper meal since the day before, she walked into one of the nicer looking bars and sat at the bar. There were other Starfleet officers there sat talking and drinking in small groups, she was off duty though she had to be at the ceremony tonight. The barman walked over, "What can I get ya?" he asked his tone that of someone who had better places he wanted or wished to be.

"Can I have a large glass of mead and a steak sandwich please." she asked softly.

The barman nodded and walked away, he came back  moments later with her drink "Food will be a few minutes, you wanting to start a tab?" he asked

"I'll pay now, I won't be on the station long enough to bother with a tab." she said as she placed a few of slips of latinum on the bar.

The barman shrugged, "Have it your own way." he said taking what the food and drink cost and leaving the rest.

Tag open to all

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Ethan Trane - 10-17-2010

USS Braveheart, docked with Starbase Thrinacea
Ready Room
1156 Hours

Once his Ops Chief had left, Ethan tapped his console bringing up the rest of the manifest. As the federation symbol disappeared, the console beeped and flashed indicating a new message had been received.

Again tapping at the console to open the new message, Ethan said, “Authorization Trane, two, four, seven, delta, six.”

“Authorization complete, you have one new message.” The dry tone of the computer replied.

Ethan let his fingers run over the keypad opening the message. It was from command alerting him to the fact that he had two new officers and their orders. First on the list was a new security/tactical officer: LtJg. Ka’tara.

Ethan ran through her record, skimming it at best. He would look through it in more detail later. Next up was another LtJg. This one was assigned to Hazard Team Leader, by the name of Richard Poteat. Again, Ethan barely skimmed the record and got the basics.

He then decided to post and ship wide memo to all current crew alerting them to the ceremony they would be attending by order of the Fleet Commanding Officer.

Tapping away at his console, he brought up the message from the Starbase, and forwarded it to all the crew.

Quote: TO: United Federation of Planets Defence Fleet Commanding Officer
RE: Cermony and Debrief

LOCATION AND TIME OF DEBRIEF: Starbase 402 'Thrinacia', Conference Room Alpha, 1300 hours, Stardate 65784
LOCATION AND TIME OF CEREMONY: As above, @ 1900 hours, Main Gallery

DEBRIEF ATTENDEES: Commanding Officers, Executive Officers
CEREMONY ATTENDEES: All Officers and Crew

ATTIRE: Duty Uniform for Debrief, Dress Uniform for Ceremony

He then added the following:

ALL BRAVEHEART CREW ARE ORDERED TO ATTEND!!!

I Look forward to seeing all of you there.

Capt. Ethan Trane.

It was his first order. It felt weird, sounded weird, but a good weird. He could definitely get used to that. A smile spread across his face as he hit the send button, putting it at the consoles in all quarters and stations.

He shut down the console and grabbed the padd he downloaded the crew manifest and records on. He would sit back and relax for the little time he had left before the debriefing.

TAG:  ALL BRAVEHEART CREW

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Trek KaTara - 10-17-2010

Captains Ready Room
1210 Hours

Ka'Tara had already been and dropped of her things in her quarters and now it was time to report to her new Captain, she was dressed in her duty uniform which was obviously made for her not replicated. The fit was too fine and exact to be replicated, making sure her appearence was perfect she left her quarters and headed up to the bridge. Ka'Tara was not sure about this assignment, there had always been bad blood between marines and fleeters and now she was a marine in a fleeter security department. She hoped that things would go smoothly, she had never had a problem with gold shirts herself they all had a job to do she just hoped her new Chief felt the same.

A few moments later she arrived on the bridge and headed straight over to the ready room, she pressed the chime and waited.

Tag Ethan

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Ethan Trane - 10-17-2010

Ready Room
1210 Hours

Ethan sat staring at the padd. He had gotten through his executive officer’s records, though he hadn’t seen her in quite some time. As he had forwarded to the next listed officer, one Lt. Cmdr. Thomas Grant, he heard the door chime ring.

Setting down the padd, he said, “Enter,” and watched as a monster of a Klingon woman walked through the door. There was no mistaking that she was the new security/tactical officer he had just read about. Nodding once as he stood, Ethan waved his hand to the chair at the front of the desk.

Waiting for her to seat herself, he said, “Lt. Ka’Tara, I presume? I just received your orders a short time ago. Let me welcome you to the Braveheart. What can I do for you?”

Tag: Ka’Tara

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Trek KaTara - 10-17-2010

Ready Room
1210 Hours

Ka'Tara walked in and over towards the Captains desk, she was just about to snap to attention the Captain stood and waved her into a seat. Ka'Tara looked at the small seat and frowned, but sat anyway on the very edge of the seat. "Aye Captain I am Lt Ka'Tara, thank you for the welcome Sir. I have just come aboard and came to report for duty as per my orders Sir." she said as she held out a padd with her orders on it. She knew there were other officers she would have to report to as well but the Captain was first, the others came secondary.

Tag Ethan