SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Re: Fleet Commanding Officer's Future - Desmond Locker - 06-12-2011

Starbase Thrinacia  
Docking bay  
20h20  

As I reloaded my rifle I found myself in a lot of pain and struggling to breath. I could barely hold the rifle, it felt as if it was heavier than before. I felt the blood from my wound run down my side and drench my uniform. I had lost a lot of blood. Maybe too much. But there were still Cardassians in the area, I could sense them. I tapped my comm badge but it didn't seem to respond and that made me worried. If I moved my position I would be exposed and I may get shot, I dropped my rifle and grabbed my phaser out of the holster and scanned the area with my dizzy eyes. It felt like the starbase was rolling. I was only half a meter from a porthole next to the airlock that lead to the Majesty, I gazed at her for a second and noticed she was almost black in colour from all the weapon scorch marks. How we managed to keep her operational I have no clue but I had never seen that much damage to a starship, not even when I watched to news during the Dominion War. I wished I had telepathic abilities that aloud me to call for help silently, but that wasn't one of my gifts. I was scared and felt alone, I wasn't sure where the rest of the Cadets were, I wasn't sure if they were all still alive. I could feel my heart starting to pump harder to try compensate for the blood loss, no matter what I tried I couldn't stop the bleeding. I thought Starfleet medical was effective! How can I be bleeding so badly after been fixed up? My site was beginning to blur and darken and I felt myself starting to loose conscienceness. I tried to call out but I found myself too weak, all I could do was whisper, "someone, please, help".                                              

*thats how much my Nokia will let me type*
TAG: ANYONE

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Melanie Woodcroft - 06-23-2011

USS Thunderstorm
Docking bay
0230 Hours

As the thunderstorm was getting repaired, Melanie got off the ship and was looking around for Megan Goodyear. She ran over to her when she saw her. "Lieutenant!" she exclaimed as she ran over. megan looked up seeing her.

"Melanie!" she exclaimed and ran over to her and they hugged as they were best friends. "Oh my god are you alright?" she asked her. Melanie nodded.

"I'm fine.. Bit beat up from the fight but fine.. hows everything here?" she asked. Megan took her over to a console to show her.

"More are coming and our forces are getting beat up.. the Majesty is beaten, Agamemnon been hit.. " she was telling her. Melanie looked at the statuses and looked up. she then presses the comm.

"all ships this is Captain Woodcroft.. We need to regroup.. More are coming tham we can handle.. Captain Martize.. I suggest we gather all ships and get the fighters to hold the line.. til we can come up with something.. or.. the ships that are operable have the XO's take over and get the CO's for a conference.. we need to figure out something..We have to protect the gate and Thrinacia.." she reported and she looked to the side hearing something in her head "someone, please, help". She runs tapping her commbadge to transfer the comm to her badge. As she runs she sees Des laying on the floor and she slides down next to him and checks him over. "i need a med team here now!!" she exclaimed looking up at where she was. "by the Majesty airlock! A cadet is Unconcious.." she added as she removes his gun and takes off her jacket and puts it under his head gently putting her commbadge back on her shirt and turns his head gently. "Cadet? can you hear me? Megan keep a look out." she told her and Megan looked around. "looks like he was hit recently.. you better get your team.." she added and megan tapped her commbage.

"i need security teams on the docking deck.. we may have a possible intruder.. " she reported. yes ma'ams came from her commbadge and the medical team ran up next to melanie. Melanie looked over at them. she got up to let them work and she headed over to Megan. "woodcroft to Martize and fighters.. we may have an intruder on board.. i found a cadet seriously injured.. Lieutenant Goodyear and i will start scouting around down here.. I suggest we get some scouting done out there.. maybe they're cloaked.. who knows.." she told them as she takes her phasor and starts to head off with megan starting to look around.

JP betwen Melanie and Megan.. (AKA me both times lol)
TAG: Martize, Des, Fighters.. Lets go people!! this should give you guys some things to do..

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Callum Jackson - 06-23-2011

USS Majesty
Airlock
20:31 hrs

Callum was stood looking into the airlock with around 15 Cardassian's heading towards him as he looked passed them he saw someone close the airlock on the other side so he took a step back and sealed the door on his side trapping the Cardassian's in the airlock just as one of them tried to get through he then said "Computer ready manoeuvring thrusters" the computer replied *Thrusters online and ready* Callum then said "Computer unlock docking clamps and fire the port thrusters for 1 second" he heard the docking clamps release he could see the terror on the Cardassian's faces the computer then said *Thruster firing* immediately the Cardassian's got sucked out into the vacuum Callum then said "Computer fire starboard thrusters and lock on docking clamps" the computer said *Thrusters firing ... Docking clamps locked pressure equalized* Callum then unlocked the airlock door and walked through then turned around and said "Computer seal all airlock doors and lock everyone out but my voice authorisation, Voice Authorisation Jackson, C. Lieutenant Commander, Commanding Officer USS Majesty" the computer replied with *Voice Authorisation accepted airlocks sealed and locked* the airlock in front of him closed and locked he then walked back through the airlock to Thrinacia.

Starbase Thrinacia
Docking Bay
20:38 hrs

As Callum walked down the airlock and through the other side he looked to his left where he saw Cadet locker being carried off on a stretcher but before he could think of what had happened he saw something move over the other side of debris in front of him so he quickly pulled his phaser out and looked behind him he could see and account for everybody who should be there excluding Cadet Locker so he quickly walked round to the other side and saw nothing but again he saw something move over the other side of the other pile of debris so quickly ran over there and shouted "HALT" aiming his phaser at her he quickly pulled his phaser away realising that it was Captain Woodcroft "Excuse me Captain I thought there was another Cardassian around here as far as I knew only the Majesty had been forced to dock" he then put his phaser back into its holster.

TAG: Captain Woodcroft, Ornixen, Cadets and Majesty Crew.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Melanie Woodcroft - 06-24-2011

Starbase Thrinica
Airlock
2035 Hours

Megan and Melanie held up their phasors and sighed when they saw it was callum Jackson and lowered theirs.

"Lt commander i don't think its wise to jump out and yell halt like that.. if i was a cardassian you'd be dead about now.. Next time just be quiet and sneak around and find a way to contact one of us.." Melanie said smiling at him. "A lot of ships are being docked due to their damage but others are still out to hold off the front..I've suggested a meeting of the CO's to come up with some strategy on what to do next.. right now you come with us.. no one is to walk alone right now on this station." she responds and points to Megan. "this is Commander Megan Goodyear.. she's the security and tactical department head." she introduced. Megan nodded to Callum.

"You're that cadet that's been temporarily promoted to command the majesty when the war started.. yeah i heard about you.. one of your crew was injured by a cardassian from the looks of it.. we're on our way to see if any others are around.. How many was on your ship?" Megan asked him. Her commbadge then chirped at her and she headed over to a console and starts typing in it looking up security measures and systems. "looks like someones trying to get into our security system.. " she added as she puts up firewalls and tries to hold them off. "there.. not sure how long that'll last.." she added looking at Melanie. Melanie nodded.

"hopefully I'll get a response soon from the ships out there." she responded and looked at Callum. "sorry bout that.. please tell us all you know so far and answer her question." she added as she headed off with Megan, hoping Callum would follow along.

TAG: Everyone. Callum..

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Callum Jackson - 06-24-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Airlock
2035 hrs

Once Captain Woodcroft had finished speaking he said "Six Cadets and including my self there are 5 official crew members that were aboard and are now somewhere aboard this station now" he then began following them both and carried on speaking "to be perfectly honest with you I don't know that much all I know is that we think that we had found the lead vessel just before we were forced to re-dock we did transmit the coordinates to the nearest vessel but we were unsure as to whether they actual received them as most of our systems had overloaded or been destroyed although we also found a carrier wave disguised as normal background radiation which seemed to be transmitting something to the Cardassian fleet although I am unaware if my science officer had picked that up yet as I was running my own scans at the time as we were preparing to initiate the cork screw manoeuvre around the Starbase I think that is about it oh yeah hang on they also knew exactly where to hit us as they took our aft shields down within a matter of minutes" as Callum began thinking about the ships that had been destroyed during this battle which then reminded him of the Elixir he swallowed hard and shook his head to get rid of the memory he then said "Captain where are we going anyway?" as he was speaking he pulled out his phaser to check the power levels in case they met up with some Cardassian's again.

TAG: Megan, Mellanie, everyone

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 06-24-2011

Starbase Thrinica
Docking bay
0230 Hours

As I lost conciseness I heard a female voice speaking to me, I did not recognize her voice "Cadet? can you hear me? Megan keep a look out.". At that point everything faded into darkness.

I found myself in the bridge of a Sovereign class starship, I was alone. The computer consoles had no information showing, it was strange. It seemed like there was a bright white light engulfing the ship. Then behind me I felt someone looking at me, it was my fiancée, she was wearing a white robe.

"It's not your time yet Des, you still have a life to live. I am still waiting for you on Earth. I am with you Imzadi" she said with a joyful smile then vanished.

Suddenly the bridge came to life with unknown officers on the bridge. I was sitting in the captains chair and wearing the captains pins. I was in command of the ship. I realized I was dreaming, but, I didn't want to wake up.

All of a sudden the scenery changed and I found myself on another starship, a Defiant class ship. It was docked in the starbase. Only a moment later a bright white flash appeared and I woke up in sickbay on a comfortable bed.

"Defiant" I whispered to the nurse... "We have a Defiant, the USS Jerrico!"

TAG: ANYONE

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - James Spruance - 06-25-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Airlock
2035 hrs

Lieutenant James Spruance had had a very busy day. This morning he had been notified that he was receiving a transfer to the USS Majesty from his present post. His new position would be that of Executive Officer. Excited that he was moving up, James had packed his bags and left his ship the USS Alliance. He had boarded a shuttle at Earth Spacedock for Starbase Thrinicia. En route to the station  he had received Admiral Malloway's invitation to the ceremony and dinner. He had arrived shortly before the beginning of the event and had had enough time to get his belongings aboard  the Majesty before it started.

When the Cardassians attacked the Starbase, James had been as stunned as everyone else but before he could report to the Majesty it had already left. Making himself useful James took up a phaser and helped defend the station from Cardassian boarding parties. He had watched as Lt. Commander Jackson  tricked a boarding party into the airlock in order to send them into the vacuum. It had worked marvelously but before he could go up to his new CO, James witnessed Jackson's encounter with Captain Woodcroft who had been tending to Cadet Locker.

Looking around at the people who were gathered at the airlock, James noticed his cousin Cadet William Halsey and nodded to him saying, "Good evening cousin." As he was receiving an unspoken acknowledgement from Cadet Halsey, James noticed that Jackson was now following Captain Woodcroft somewhere. James quickly followed his new CO and introduced himself, saluting as he said, "Lieutenant Commander Jackson? My name is Lieutenant James Spruance and I have been assigned to be your new XO. I'm not sure if you knew I was coming but here I am. I arrived in time for the ceremony and I had my belongings put on board the ship but I was unable to get to the Majesty before she left to fight our attackers. I made myself available to Security to help against boarding parties." James quietly waited for Jackson to respond.

TAG: Jackson, Halsey, All

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Draco Targus - 06-26-2011

Tango 0
200 Meters from gateway.

Draco watched as the fleet started to move on a sensor marker that turned out to be a cloaked Cardy command ship. some of the fleet's contingent reversed course and made way to the starbase to take shelter with-in while they repaired. Squadrons 205 and 305 moved up to help hold the line and to the cover the retreat of their injured comrades.
=^=all ships this is Captain Woodcroft.. We need to regroup.. More are coming than we can handle.. Captain Martize.. I suggest we gather all ships and get the fighters to hold the line.. til we can come up with something.. or.. the ships that are operable have the XO's take over and get the CO's for a conference.. we need to figure out something..We have to protect the gate and Thrinacia.=^=
As much as Draco liked her willingness to step up, pulling the Captains away to “talk” about what to do in the middle of a battle wasn’t the best idea. With a tap of the consol he opened a channel.

=^=Tango zero to all commands. Normally I would agree with Ms. Woodcroft n the Captains conferring, but at the time we need to hold the line. I am setting up the fighters to take a full on defincive roll with in the line. The 205th Tactical Operations and the 305th recon Operations squadrons from the starbase are providing cover for retreating vessels. I am sending Pheinox Squadron back tword the Braveheart to assist their home ship and the USS……….. Suddenly Draco stopped mid-phrase. A new signal had entered the field this ship was coming in fast and hard , but much to his pleasure it was a friendly, The USS Indiana. ….. All Vessels, the USS Indiana has entered the field. I am transmitting orders to her captain to cover the fleet as best she can while we reform. =^= Draco quickly closed the channel and tapped in his security codes to send orders to the captain of the Indiana.
TO: Captain, USS Indiana
ROE are as follows; Support the fleet as deemed needed. Fire only if witnessing a hostial act on federation assets. First orders are to cover the retreat and reformation of the fleet lines. Be warned that we have control of a headiki class vessel, she is commanded by LtCol Wiseman. Operations command falls to Admiral Malloway.
Admiral Draco TArgus

TAG:all
OOC: I will be adding a post in a bit from the USS Indiana’s side of things.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Melanie Woodcroft - 06-27-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Walking the hallways
2040 Hours

Melanie heard Draco and frowned. she then touched her commbadge and headed away slightly. "Mr Draco I disagree.. i am seeing more here than you are out there. Our ships are damaged and need to be repaired and we are out of options.. I think the XO's can take over for a bit while we discuss something with the CO's. And have the fighters take point for a while.. While its quiet.. We found some aboard the starbase and had to elimate them.. One ship was boarded and they came from there.. We need to regroup.. " she insisted gently looking out. She saw the ships that were damaged and sighs gently rubbing her head. "we don't have the ships to hold the line." she added to him and typed into the console and looked at readings. She then heard him saying about the USS Indiana and about regrouping. She had a feeling since he was higher up in command he would be taking over. He WAS higher in rank after all and would be his duty. She sighed softly and tapped her commbadge. "Woodcroft to Draco.. whats your orders.." she asked typing in the console sending him reports. "i'm also sending you recent reports and updates about the fleet so far. One Cadet was injured and is in sickbay.. and.." she started to say but then she got introruppted by a call to her from the medbay.

"Nurse Jones to Captain Woodcroft. Cadet Locker keeps saying that they have a Defiant called the USS Jerrico.. I'm not sure what he's going on about.. =/\=

Melanie looks up slightly. "try to get more information from him. He might be out of it.." she responded.

=/\= Understood ma'am. Medbay out.=/\= the nurse goes back to Locker and looks down at him gently. "tell me more about the Defiant. What are you talking about.." she asked him.

Melanie looked over at Megan and the other. "did you hear that draco? one of the cadets says they have a defiant. we could use that for our advantage.." she reported to him.

TAG: Draco, Locker, anyone

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 06-28-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Walking the hallways
2040 Hours

Quote:tell me more about the Defiant. What are you talking about..

"I remember seeing the Jerrico docked in the Starbase. I had read up on it when I started at the Academy. It doesn't have a crew but it is fully operational. It might just be what we need to turn the tide." I replied in a soft tone. "there are still Cardassians near the Majesty, I can still sense their presence."

After saying that I lost conscience again, my body was still trying to compensate for the loss of blood. I had never felt so weak but I was confident that Starfleet medical could help me, after all, it wasn't as bad as it seemed.

[glow=red,2,300]I found myself back in the bridge of the Jerrico, it was an amazing little ship. Ablative armour, Quantum Torpedoes, Pulse Phaser Cannons, it was a ship with plenty of teeth. I was in command. I looked at a console and noticed there were shuttle craft that could be used.

"Tactical, set shuttles to autopilot and ram any Cardy in range." I commanded.
Suddenly there was another bright light....
[/glow]
TAG ALL/ANY