SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Kratt Skal - 05-03-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Airlock
2002 hrs

In Skagis's name, Kratt said to himself, finally able to catch his breath at the airlock to the Starbase. The Majesty had taken a significant  pounding...almost as if the Cardassians had zeroed in on the vessel with the least experienced crew and focused their attacks accordingly. Given the circumstances, the Cadets had performed admirably.  Kratt was still a touch puzzled as to why Commander Jackson had passed command over to Cadet Halsey, seeing as how the science officer's rank of Lieutenant superceded the Cadet's, but Kratt supposed his CO knew what he was doing.  

Currently, the bridge crew of the Majesty was off the ship, armed to the teeth and prepared to assist the Starbase crew in repelling Cardassian boarders.  Kratt checked his phaser right rifle one last time, then followed his shipmates once again into battle.  His people had once been aggressive and territorial, bent on conquest and enslaving other less advanced societies. They had abandoned that mindset centuries ago following several decades of famine, internal political strife and horrific natural disasters; the Clerics on Old Skagara had convinced the general populace that their outmoded ways had displeased Skagis himself. Their new, more progressive galactic perspective had ushered in a Golden Age for their culture, but had also left their world vulnerable and had eventually led to its downfall at the hands of a blood enemy. The UFP had welcomed the Skagaran refugees with open arms, so despite his people's current pacifist leanings Kratt Skal was willing to fight to the death to preserve his adopted nation.

Commander Jackson was having a brief conversation with someone Kratt did not know by name but recognized from the interrupted festivities. All he could do now was wait for his next set of orders; without a Science station in front of him, Kratt felt a little useless.

[open tag]

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 05-04-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Airlock
2003 hours

As I entered the airlock I felt a presence I had never felt before. It was a little disturbing, almost like a darkness. It wasn't from one individual, that was clear, it was from multiple individuals. I loaded my Enhanced Compression Rifle and charged my hand phaser realizing that they were Cardassians I could sense. They were close.

"Jackson, I think I should stay here at the airlock, could you maybe get someone else to join me. I can sense the Cardassians are near. I don't believe they can get into the Majesty but I don't want to take any chances. What do you suggest?" I asked calmly.

I was still in a lot of pain and still feeling lightheaded and exhausted but I knew I could still preform. Today I wished though, that I was a hazard team member as they Tactical Eye Displays and armored uniforms with a life support system. I would have made fighting the Cardassians a lot easier. Well, perhaps when I am finished my current training I can do that as an extra.

Looking at the Majesty from the window I realized it was a miracle it survived. The Majesty was built well. It was my dream to serve on a Galaxy or Sovereign class vessel. I know my time will come and maybe one day I will have a command of my own.

I could sense the Cadets were all so very scared and exhausted from the battle to protect the Starbase but I could sense their courage as well, that was new for me. I had never experienced such dedication. But that is what Starfleet prided themselves on.

TAG: Majesty cadets, Calllum Jackson, ANY/ALL

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Callum Jackson - 05-04-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Airlock
2003 hrs

Callum shook Ornixen's hand then Cadet Locker said
Quote:"Jackson, I think I should stay here at the airlock, could you maybe get someone else to join me. I can sense the Cardassians are near. I don't believe they can get into the Majesty but I don't want to take any chances. What do you suggest?"
Callum looked at the Cadet thinking and then said "I agree we should stop them from getting aboard the Majesty" he then stopped and looked at Cadet Halsey and said "I have got an idea but I will need your help I would like to go back onto the ship and seal the airlock and bring the force fields online that surround the section where the airlock is so that if they do get through then hopefully they wont get onto the main part of the ship. Also I would like to take the transporters offline and prevent them from beaming aboard but without raising the shields maybe a dampening field or something" he then looked at Ornixen and said "We should be back in 10-15 minutes max but if you do have to go then just tell Cadet Locker and when I come back he will tell me"

TAG:Ornixen

They then both began to walk to the ships airlock Callum then quickly looked at Cadet Locker and said "inform me when they get closer and if they get through don't let them through the airlock at any cost we shouldn't be long" Callum then walked up to the airlock door and tapped in a command to unseal it they then walked onto the ship to carry out the precautions to stop the Cardassian's from getting aboard. Callum then turned to Cadet Halsey and said "I also have another idea we should set up a remote intruder alert that if they do get aboard then the ship will automatically let us know via our COMM badges do you think that will be possible?"

TAG: Des Locker, William Halsey, Majesty Crew, all Cadets.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Callum Jackson - 05-04-2011

Starbase Thrinacia |JP Between Lt Cmdr Callum Jackson and Cadet William Halsey.
Airlock
2003 hrs

William was standing by as Commander Jackson talked with Ornixen outside the airlock. William noticed Des in his obvious discomfort and wondered at his troubles. When Des told Commander Jackson of the prescence of the Cardassian boarding party, Jackson turned to William and said
Quote:William acknowledged Jackson's idea with a firm nod and waited as Jackson notified Ornixen of his plan. The two men then walked through the Majesty's airlock and back onto the ship. When Jackson said
[quote]
"I also have another idea we should set up a remote intruder alert that if they do get aboard then the ship will automatically let us know via our COMM badges do you think that will be possible?"
Wiliam replied, "Sir I can do most if not all of those things from the computer terminal on this wall." He pointed to the terminal just two feet away and said, "Wait here while I work, this should only take a few moments."

USS Majesty
Somewhere near Airlock 3
2004 hrs

William walked to the terminal and began entering commands. First William input the code to fully shut down the transporters. Next he entered another code whch would allow the computer to send an alarm to the Comm badges of every Majesty crew member includin himself. He also ordered a dampening field to be set up around the ship in case the Cardassian attempted to beam onboard. Finally he told the computer to turn on the force field surrounding the airlock area so the Cardassians could not board the ship if they captured  the airlock. When everything was completed a full minute had passed. William then turned to Jackson and reported, "Sir everything is complete. The dampening field is on. Transporters are shut down, a remote alarm will be sent to our badges and the forcefield will turn on when we disembark.'

Callum looked at Cadet Halsey and said "I thought that would take a lot longer than it did anyway lets head back to the group and fight some Cardassian's" he then begins to speak quietly "secretly I want to get my own back on them for almost destroying this ship" by the time Callum had finished talking they were already back at the airlock just before he left he looked round and thought to himself hopefully I will make it through this I still want to Command this ship not die on my first mission Callum quickly shook that idea out of his head and stepped of the Majesty.

Starbase Thrinacia
Airlock

Callum then said "Computer seal Airlock number 3 deny access to all airlocks to all personnel apart from the Captain, Authorisation Jackson-635-alpha" the computer responded with *Authorisation accepted all airlocks sealed to all personnel except the Captain.*

As Jackson was locking the ship up so only he could get aboard William sympathized with the Commander in his remark of wanting revenge by saying, "Sir I know exactly how you feel. Remember the Battle of Pearl Harbor back in World War II 400 years ago? When my ancestor Admiral William 'Bull' Halsey returned in the evening with his carrier task force he said, 'When this war is over the Japanese language will only be spoken in hell.' He carried his desire to defeat the Japanese throughout the war and of course got his revenge in the process. Let's get ours now shall we?"

Callum looked at Cadet Halsey and said whilst smiling "Well lets go and get them and get our own back" they then both walked out of the airlock and back to where the rest of the group was. Callum then looked at Cadet Locker and said "I don't think that anyone will have to stay here and protect the Majesty as we have made it virtually impossible to break into and if anyone does it will trigger an alarm and we will all be notified"

Callum then walked up to Ornixen and said "right then now that has been done where would you like us?"

TAG:Cadets, Majesty Crew and Ornixen.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Melanie Woodcroft - 05-05-2011

USS Thunderstorm
Bridge
2005 hours

Melanie came out of her ready room as soon as she heard the call from Targus.

"Helm respond to communication. Help is on the way.." she ordered as she headed to her chair. the helm nodded.

"yes ma'am, sending response" he answered. His hands flew across the panel and the computer chimed. "message sent." he added to her as he flew the ship to its location. Melanie tapped on her commbadge.

"bridge to Wiseman, get your team ready to board a Hideki class patrol Vessel. take control of it by any means necessary.. Tactical weapons at the ready. when we arrive i want you to shoot at any other ships that come our way! Lets protect our people.. " she ordered and sat in her Chair. Once she got answers from them, she waited for the ship to arrive. When it did she looked at Tactical getting up and pointed at him. "lets do it." she ordered. The tactical officer nodded and looked down at his console and his hands started to fly across it getting things ready. Once they arrived at the cooridinates Melanie tapped her commbadge.

"Wiseman you're a go!!" she ordered. "keep those fighters safe!" she added talking to the tactical officer.

the tactical officer nodded and looked at his Screen.

"captain another ship is approaching. One of theirs.." they reported. Melanie looked at him and then at the screen.

"Hail them.." she started to say but suddenly the ship shook as they got shot at. Melanie grabbed hold of the railing looking up. "return fire!!" she ordered. the tactical officers hands flew across the console and fired a volley of torpedoes.

"direct hit. their shields are still at 95% and holding.. Our are at 80%" he reported.

"get their spots!" she ordered. "evasive maneuvers!" she added and the Helm officer flew the ship in an evasive maneuver as the tactical officer scanned and started shooting again.

"their shields down to 85...ours 75.." he reported scanning. "I think i found their weak spot..aiming and firing now.." he added as the ship shook again. Melanie fell against the railing and hit her head slightly. She groans and looked at the screen and saw the shots hit directly.

"direct hit! they're moving off. no other in sight." the tactical said and Melanie sighs and sits down rubbing her head where she had hit it before. She taps her commbadge again.

"wiseman you're a go..this time for certain.." she said to him and leans back.

TAG

(sorry sort of short.. long day of funeral.. late night..

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Zack Gillibrand - 05-06-2011

USS Independence
Bridge
2002 hrs

"Nice to see you Mr. Ketteringham," said Zack with an encouraging nod. "We'll skip the disciplinary hearing this time. Take your station. Ensign Weiss, move to Science II."

The slim, dark haired young Ensign nodded once and left Ops for Science II. The Independence was fighting valiantly, but it seemed like Starfleet's lines were collapsing. They had bigger guns at their disposal, but they were only supposed to be used in cases of extreme emergency; plus they were designed for a specific enemy--the Borg.  Logic would dictate that if they were powerful enough to destroy a Borg cube then they certainly would help against the Cardassians. There were only roughly four dozen vessels in all of Starfleet that were equipped with the transphasic torpedo; Independence was the smallest of these ships, classified as a "sleeper" by Command because few would expect a weapon that powerful on a ship so small. Specific permission from a senior Flag Officer was required to deploy these weapons.

"Open a channel to the Starbase," said Zack as he stood. "Admiral Malloway or Admiral Morgan specifically."

"Yes Captain."

A few very tense moments passed, then the Admiral appeared on screen.

"I'm sure you are aware that we're taking a beating Sir. Independence is carrying a limited quantity of Specialized Ordinance TPP Mark One," said Zack, referring to the transphasic weapons by their official technical designation. "Request permission to deploy."

[tag: Adm. Morgan or Malloway{

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Jack Ketteringham - 05-06-2011

USS Independence
Bridge
2002 hrs

The Captain responded to Jack with
Quote:"Nice to see you Mr. Ketteringham," said Zack with an encouraging nod. "We'll skip the disciplinary hearing this time. Take your station. Ensign Weiss, move to Science II."
So Jack walked over to the console on the port side of the Bridge in front of the view screen and sat down at the console and began to look through the ship's systems and power usage when his eyes fell on the reserve power it was reading as 15% remaining Jack thought to himself why the hell is this being drained there is nothing that should be using it unless Jack started to tap in commands frantically when he managed to track the power drain down to Deck 6 aft section but he couldn't figure out what it was though.

Jack turned to face the Captain, when the Admiral appeared on screen and Captain Gillibrand said
Quote:"I'm sure you are aware that we're taking a beating Sir. Independence is carrying a limited quantity of Specialized Ordinance TPP Mark One," said Zack, referring to the transphasic weapons by their official technical designation. "Request permission to deploy."
when there was a moment for Jack to jump in he said "sorry to interrupt sirs but there is a power drain on Deck 6 aft section but I cant find out what it is it has already drained our reserves down to 15% and falling what are your orders sir" Just before the Captain responded Jack quickly looked back at the console and saw that it had dropped another 6% so he said "sir it has dropped another six percent we are now at 9%"

TAG: Zack Gillibrand, Anyone.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Falcon Wiseman - 05-07-2011

USS THUNDERSTORM
BRIDGE

Wiseman turned and looked at the Tac officer as the transmission from Tango 1 came through. With a nod he stood up and made way to the lift. As the doors opened he stepped on and checked his sidearm.
“ Marine OPS” he barked as the doors closed and he holstered his piece. Moments later he arrived at the Marine Operations center.
“ Computer display all tactical and astrometric data. Security clearance Wiseman Zulu, delta 331.”
The computer beeped in reply as the lights in MOPC dimmed and a holographic image of the surrounding battle bloomed up from the center of the room.
=^=bridge to Wiseman, get your team ready to board a Hideki class patrol Vessel. take control of it by any means necessary =^=
=^= understood ma’am briefing as we speak. =^= he torted back and then closed the channel.
“ Ok men, lets get to it. A Starfleet fighter operations craft designated Tango 1 and her wingman designated Bravo 2 have disabled and received the surrender of the Hideki Class Patrol vessel. Our orders are to secure that vessel.” Falcon barked off as the display changed to that of the Hideki. “ We are taking two six man teams over. Designator Thunder 1 will be me, Rogers,Cooper,smith,ta’loc, and chambers. We will beam into the bridge. Designator Thunder 2 will be stevens,Kell, davis, gwaltny, trammic, and Cho. You will beam engineering. I don’t have to tell you to use caution. Every attempt should be made to capture, but if met with hostile actions lethal force is authorized. Are my orders clear?”
“Aye Sir”
“ I CANT HEAR YOU! ARE MY ORDERS CLEAR?”
“AYE SIR”
“ Good then mount up” He barked of as he slung his rifle and stepped onto the transporter pad in MOPC.
And with almost clock work styled timing the last marine stepped onto the pad as the captains voice came across.
=^=wiseman you're a go..this time for certain..=^=
“ENIRGIZE” yelled Falcon as he receive the green light from Woodcroft. Moments later the detachment materialized on the Cardy ship. Falcon spun around and with his sidearm trained on the captain of the ship called for an all clear. As soon as his team responded,He lowered his weapons and addressed the bridge crew.
“ I am LtCol Wiseman of the USS Thunderstorm. As long as you follow the orders of my marine I will insure your safety. If…….. Suddenly a shot rang across the bridge and the cardassian captain wwas wounded. Falcon retrained his weapons and scanned the room as he came around to his five o’clock he saw one of the cardassian crew being taken down by two of his marines. Falcon holstered his weapon and taped his combadge.
=^=Thunder one to Thuderstorm. I have wounded and need a direct transport to sickbay. Wounded is the Captain of the Hideki Vessel. =^=

TAG: ALL, Thunderstorm, any one wishing to NPC as a Marine in the engineering section, please feel free.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Melanie Woodcroft - 05-07-2011

USS Thunderstorm
Bridge
2010 Hours

Thunder one to Thuderstorm. I have wounded and need a direct transport to sickbay. Wounded is the Captain of the Hideki Vessel.

Melanie stood up.

"acknowledged.  Ensign beam the wounded to sickbay. Bridge to sickbay one is coming your way. The captain of the Hideki Vessel was shot." she answered.

=/\=Acknowledged.. We're getting ready for him.=/\=

"Falcon is anyone else hurt? and did your team shoot him?" she asked heading to the sickbay.

{tag Falcon)

USS Thunderstorm
Bridge
2015 Hours

In sickbay the Medical officer was getting things set up as the Hideki Captain appeared in a shimmer of light on one of the bio beds.

"Aimes to Lt Cytheria we have wounded here.. the Hideki captain from the other vessel.." the medical officer stated. Melanie walks in as the captain was being transported and headed over.

"Status?" she asked.

"unconcious.. I"m starting to work on him til the Lt Gets here." Aimes responded.

hideki Vessel

One of the two marines that had tackled the cardassian, cuffed him. the cardissian tried to fight them off but one of the marines hit him with the butt of his gun.

"stay down!" they ordered him and the cardassian grunted to the hit. "Colonel he's secure.." the marine responded and picked up the weapon and headed over to the LT Colonel and handed it to him. "He used this." he added.

TAG Thunderstorm, Falcon, Cytheria all of ya..

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Zack Gillibrand - 05-10-2011

USS Independence
Bridge
2004 hrs

As the Admiral contemplated Zack's request to deploy the TPP Mark Ones, Zack focused his attention on the Operations Officer. A drain on reserve power was not unheard of--but it almost nevet happened unless the auxiliary systems were in use. Independence's mains were still online and fully functional. That left two possibilities--malfunction or sabotage. Both of those options left Zack with a sick feeling.

"Level 5 diagnostic of all auxiliary systems,"said Zack. "Quickly!"

"Yes Captain," said Morgan from the Engineering console. After just a few seconds, she replied. "Sir, the diagnostic routines cannot access auxiliary power generators. All other systems read green."

By Dorinda's Healing Light, what are those frinxing spoon-heads doing? Zack thought.

"Take auxiliary power generators offline," he said calmly. "Cut life support to minimum levels and divert every last watt of energy from non-essential systems. Looks like we will need to work without a safety net." Zack turned back to the Admiral on-screen. "Now, Admiral...how about the TPP Mark One? We can end this quickly if you allow me to use the transphasic torpedos."

{tag: Adm. Malloway or Morgan, Independence crew...get off yer arses & post}