SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Callum Jackson - 04-28-2011

OOC: JP between Lt. Cmdr. Jackson, Cadets Halsey and Locker, and Commander Blake

IC:

USS Majesty
Battle Bridge
1958 hours

As the Majesty warp back into the battle field I sat down in the first officers chair and began entering leg co ordinates into my data pad attached to my chair and I sent them to helm command. I was plotting the course for the corkskrew which involved the Majesty circling the starbase first with a wide birth and narrowing the turn every revolution at a -10 degree angle. As Majesty reached the bottom of the starbase it would reverse the entire move. By doing this the ship would be able to protect the starbase and enable the base to fire at Majesty's targets. With the fighter squadron moving the opposite direction to the Majesty, they would be able to make effective passes on Majesty's persuers. By the end me the first leg of the move, the persuers would now become the persued. I thought to myself, what am incredible move this was considering it was used in World Was 2.

I began to feel a little dizzy and I noticed that I was bleeding more than I thought. I was needed at my post now more than ever. I already noticed that the Majesty's battle bridge had already taken damage, not serious though. Only a few shattered consol screens and blown lights.

"Commander, I do believe that this Keldon that is attacking us is the flagship of the fleet. I noticed how three Galors are protecting it. It is obvious why it is attacking us, we are protecting its real target, the Starbase." I shouted towards Callum. The noise from all the weapon impacts overpowering my voice. "I do believe the the Keldon class has a design flaw in that the warp core was very close to the ventral and dorsal hull meaning, if we can strike those areas with torpedo's, we should be able to cause a warp core breach."

Callum then looked at him thinking and then said "Helm drop to full impulse an come about for and attack Tactical Prepare full spread of Photon Torpedo's and prepare to fire on that location attack pattern Alpha" he then turned to Cadet Locker and said "we will try and take this ship out and then proceed to the Starbase to execute the corkscrew" he then stopped suddenly and said "Cadet are you all right you look pale?"

Des looked at Callum, his vision beginning to blur. He didn't feel the pain he had earlier which wasn't a good sign.
"To be honest sir, no, I am not. But I will stay at my post as long as you need me, we have a maneuver to preform." Des shouted across the bridge. "Perhaps, could you get medical to administer something to me to help out?"

Callum then looked at the Cadet and tapped his COMM badge and said =/\= Jackson to sick bay please would you send a medical officer up here on the double=/\= Callum didn't wait for a reply and looked back at the Cadet and said "if you feel any worse then inform me and you can go to sick bay or my quarters which ever you would prefer"

Des smiled at his commander. "Thanks, I should be alright though. Medical should be able to do something."
At that moment, a medical officer entered the Battle Bridge, "It looks like you have some bleeding here here Cadet." she said with a sarcastic smile and moved a dermal repair unit across his wound. "You will have to come to sickbay later for me to check on this properly but for now I have sealed the wound and given you pain reducers."
Des smiled nodded, "Thank you, will see you later.

Once the medical officer left the Battle Bridge Callum turned to look at his console on the side of his chair to see their location he saw that they were in weapons range Callum then ordered the tactical "fire at will don't stop unless ordered to do so either by me or Cadet Locker" the Cadet then began firing on the core the ships that were around her began closing in on us Callum then thought to himself it would be brilliant if we had a clocking device right now Callum then looked at Cadet Locker and said "got any ideas on how we could plan our attack to inflict as much damage on the enemy but as little as possible on us?"

"well commander, the only thing I can suggest is to concentrate our fire at single subsystems. Perhaps if we can coordinate with the starbase and the fighters we can concentrate on their warp cores. Strength in numbers." Des replied, leaning over to the commander.

STARBASE THRINACIA
Command Deck
1958 hours

Connor looked around the command area and Steve was no where to be seen; the first officer thought this odd and dangerous. He looked to John and saw he was engrossed in their investigation to find out who sold the starbase out. He decided to take charge of the battle and approached the 'pool table' console with the other senior officers working to manage the space battle as well as the apparent boarding parties that were working their way around the starbase.

The Felinoid noticed the Majesty drop out of warp and severely damaged. Connor looked to the operations manager. "Do we have communications back?"

"Yes but the Cardassians are remodulating their jamming devices."

=^= Thrinacia to Majesty, you are ordered back for repairs. No arguing Lieutenant Commander Jackson! Blake out! =^= Connor announced; he turned to the operations manager. "I don't care what you do but I want them inside."

"Aye sir."

USS Majesty
Battle Bridge
1958 hrs

The Majesty had just took out one of the vessels that were trying to protect the mains ship when they received the message ordering them back to dock at that point Callum hit the side of his chair with his fist and said in an slightly angry voice "Helm take us back to the starbase" but that is all he got out before vessel hit them and took out their main impulse Callum then continued on "Starbase maximum sub light speed and tactical continue firing until we are 1 km away from the Starbase" his orders were followed by them saying "aye sir" almost simultaneously.

Callum then tapped his COMM badge and said =/\= All hands we are heading back to the Starbase Prepare for docking as the majesty soon will be unable to remain in =/\= once again his transmission was interrupted because the Cardassian ship was just moving out of weapons range but got a last shot in and hit deck seven and cause a hull breach in nearly all the sections which made Callum even angrier he then continued =/\= battle because of the damages she has received if it were my choice I would stay out and fight to the bitter end but we are under orders and I have never disobeyed orders and I am not planning on doing so today=/\=

A few minutes later the Majesty reached the Starbase Callum then tapped his COMM badge and said =/\= Majesty to fighter pilots I suggest you contact Admiral Targus to receive further instruction as we are ordered to return to dock=/\= said "open a channel to the Starbase" "This is Lieutenant Commander Callum Jackson requesting docking permissions" Callum then said "helm all stop hold here until we are cleared for docking Tactical Prepare to take shields and weapons offline for docking"

STARBASE THRINACIA
Command Deck
1959 hours

=^= You have priority Majesty, docking bay 3. Hurry I don't want to let any enemy ships inside. =^= Connor called then the channel simply died; he looked to the operations manager.

"They'd jammed us again, I'm working on it sir."

Connor wished he could simply make the Cardassian disappear like a Q can. An idea formed; why not make the base, the fleet and the gateway disappear? Well appear to have vanished. The only thing was how; other then the usual sensor jamming and modifying the shields to negate light rays which was a primitive method.

Another concept came to Connor; they could use the starbase to emit a pulse to disable the Cardassians. The down side was the Starfleet ships will also suffer unless they all entered the docking bay.

USS Majesty
Battle Bridge
2000 hrs

Callum looked at the helm and said "get the ship as close as possible to that space door the second and I mean the second the Majesty can fit through take us in" he then looked at the Tactical station and said "now disable the shields and weapons but keep the aft torpedo's online until we are in" his orders were followed by an "aye sir"

Shortly after the Majesty took a position directly in front of the space door and it began to open the helm then reported that they are heading in when a Cardassian ship began to fly in behind them Callum yelled at the Tactical station to fire the aft torpedo's it only took one to blow the thing up straight after that the aft section of the majesty made it in and the space doors closed Callum then looked at he helm and said "docking bay 3 nice and easy manoeuvring thruster only" Callum then turned his attention to the Tactical and said "take weapons offline"

When the Majesty had docked Callum said "Mr Halsey please return the Majesty to grey mode oh and you have the bridge until I say otherwise" Callum quickly got up and walked over to the turbo lift and got into it with Cadet Locker and said "deck 25 Docking Ports and deck 12 main sick bay" it's only when he got there that he remembered that there were Cardassian boarding parties aboard so Callum turned around on the spot and got back into the turbo lift and said "Battle Bridge" the doors closed when Callum arrived back at the Battle Bridge he said "right guys I have got another idea please follow me to the armoury as we are going to join the fight to repel the boarding parties on the Starbase" Callum then tapped his COMM badge and said =/\= Cadet Locker you are needed at the Armoury Deck 36 on the double=/\= he then tapped his COMM badge again to close the channel. Callum then tapped his COMM badge once again and said =/\= All Hands are to report to the Armoury located on deck 36 Jackson out=/\= they then all stepped into the Turbo lift and Callum said "Deck 36 Armoury" the doors shut and the turbo lift began going down.

USS Majesty
Deck 36 outside the Armoury
2001 hrs

Callum and the Cadets walked out of the turbo lift and he saw that the rest of his crew were already outside the Armoury so Callum walked up to the door and said "Computer unlock the door; Voice Authorisation Jackson, C. Lieutenant Commander, Commanding Officer, USS Majesty" the computer then said *Voice authorisation accepted* the door then opened and Callum stepped in and picked up a hand phaser and holster and checked it over and attached it to it's proper place he then picked up a phaser rifle and headed out along with the other Cadets and crew back to the turbo lift they all got in and Callum said "Deck 25 Docking Ports" the doors closed and the turbo lift began it's journey to deck 25.

TAG: Fighter Pilots and ANYONE

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Steve Malloway - 04-28-2011

STARBASE THRINACIA
Promenade Decks
2002 hours

It was just like old times as Steve stalked slowly down the deck, his rifle poised and ready in both hands as he led the way on; the security team behind him and Ornixen bringing up the rear.

“Admiral?” Steve turned as a whisper addressed, but remained quiet so they could continue. “How did the Cardassians know about Thrinacia and the Gateway?”

A good question to say the least, and one Steve found he could not answer, but replied quietly. “No idea, Ensign, no idea. Commander Blake is looking into it as we speak. But either way, what matters right now is the survival of everyone on this Starbase, and I mean everyone.” A reassuring smile seemed to help the small team of 5 other Starfleet officers as their attention went back to the scene ahead. Again they were reminded of the devastation these Cardassians were bringing with them. Bulkheads were protruding from walls, wiring hanging from deck plating above, glass here and there… depressingly bodies underneath damage.

The Admiral couldn’t help a slight growl as he glared at the dead, Starfleet and Civilians alike. Another violent shake shook and the deck and Steve looked upwards to the rattling hangings above. Luckily they held.

“Ambassador.” Steve looked to Ornixen. “If you could lead these men on? I’ll be needed on the Command Deck.” As much as he would rather remain and fight the invaders, the base needed its Commander at the ‘helm’ so to speak. With a nod to Ornixen, Steve darted into a turbolift they were passing, ordering a direct route to the Command Deck itself.

Turbolift > Command Deck
2005 hours

On a normal day as of late, the turbolift ride would have felt as though it was simply another journey, the occasional jolt as power was rerouted and utilised for aiding in installing the Gateway systems, but this time… the bigger jolts were more concerning. Amongst the heat of the battle the fluctuations were definitely across all systems, and this was no exception. Twice already Steve had found his hand darting out to save his face meeting the inside of the turbolift cab as it rocketed on to the heart of the Command.

Eventually the doors parted and the Admiral found himself looking in at a scene similar to what he had left; officers darting here and there, many working on their stations to control this madness. The difference, things were looking more dire, and the sweat on everyone’s brows had definitely increased. “REPORT!” Steve barked as he strode on in, making his way across to Connor who stood near the central command podium.

TAG: Connor, Ornixen, ALL COs – KICK CARDASSIAN BUTT!

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Ameicav - 04-28-2011

STARBASE THRINACIA
Promenade Decks
2002 hours

(04-28-2011, 08:09 PM)Steve Malloway link Wrote:“Ambassador.” Steve looked to Ornixen. “If you could lead these men on? I’ll be needed on the Command Deck.” As much as he would rather remain and fight the invaders, the base needed its Commander at the ‘helm’ so to speak. With a nod to Ornixen, Steve darted into a turbolift they were passing, ordering a direct route to the Command Deck itself.

"Travel safe, Admiral," Ornixen said as he moved to lead the security team.  "Ensign Halloway, can you pinpoint where the Cardassian's are?"

"They just passed the airlock to Docking Bay 3," the ensign replied after consulting his tricorder.

Firestorm, what is going on out there?

We've got a couple of the Galor's down, but they are really laying into the rest of the fleet.  I am focused in on a Keldon-class currently, which seems to be broadcasting a jamming signal.  The USS Majesty also just docked with the station.

Concentrate on that Keldon and get our comms restored, Firestorm.

"Alright men, let's get going.  Martinez, take rear guard, I'll take point.  The Majesty just docked at bay 3, let's get up there and get us some reinforcements," Ornixen said with a grin.

Within a couple of minutes, the small security team had reached the airlock and found the controls blasted out, no doubt from a Cardassian blaster.

"Williams, get this airlock open, now.  Everybody else, defensive positions," Ornixen ordered, reaching out with his mind and shifting large chunks of debris to create an barricade while they worked.

TAG Cadets

Firestorm
In-Space
2005 hours

The Firestorm banked sharply, dodging weapon fire from the Keldon he was focused on.

=/\=Firestorm to Dragon squadron, pull into a flying-V on my location.  Dragon 1 and 2, take point and clear the road and everybody ready torpedoes and lock onto the Keldon's main reactor, I'm going to rip a hole in their shields large enough for your torps to get through and take that ship out.=/\=

The fighters quickly acknowledged the order and moved into position and the Firestorm opened up his main weapons array, firing on a concentrated point on the Keldon's shields.  As the hole opened, all 5 peregrine fighters unleashed their torpedo salvos into the Keldon's core, ripping through it like a hot knife through butter.

=/\= Dragons, Fly tight to me, I'm extending my shields to cover you, we're going to fly straight through that ship. =/\=

A moment later, the 6 craft blasted through the Keldon as it exploded in a huge ball of fire.

=/\= Firestorm to Thrinacia station, comms should be restored, please acknowledge. =/\=

TAG Malloway

USS Majesty/Starbase Thrinacia
Airlock

The turbo lift came to a stop and Callum and the Cadets walked of the turbo lift and broke into a run they went down a corridor and came to the airlock Callum quickly punched in a few commands and the airlock opened but then they were faced with the Starbase's airlock, Callum thought to himself why is this still locked but then he looked through the window on the airlock and saw that there were some officers working on the other side so Callum tapped his chest when nothing happened he looked down "DAMN" he shouted. Callum then turned around and said "Cadets please wait here if they get that airlock open before I get back then I will try and join you" and then Callum ran off looking for his COMM badge. Shortly after leaving he saw it on the floor outside the turbo lift so he picked it up and put it back on his chest and tapped it and said =/\= Jackson to Cadets I am coming back now=/\=

So Callum quickly turned around and broke into a run again, he shortly arrived back to the cadets still stood there waiting so he tapped his COMM badge again and said =/\= Jackson to Ornixen is everything all right is there anything we can do from here?=/\=

TAG: Cadets, Ornixen.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - William Halsey - 04-28-2011

USS Majesty
Battle Bridge
2000 hrs

The Majesty was finally back inside the mushroom of the Starbase after a harrowing and exhausting battle which had caused serious damage to the ship. William was at his station when Commander Jackson said
Quote: "Mr Halsey please return the Majesty to grey mode oh and you have the bridge until I say otherwise"
and then he left with Des. For a moment William was puzzled that the Commander had left him the conn but after William returned the ship to gray mode he walked over to where the Captain's chair was but he did not sit but rather he stood in front of it feeling that he was not worthy to sit in it.

A moment later Commander Jackson came back on the Bridge and said,
Quote: "right guys I have got another idea please follow me to the armoury as we are going to join the fight to repel the boarding parties on the Starbase."
William and the other Cadets who were still on the Battle Bridge followed Jackson into the turbolift.

USS Majesty
Deck 36 outside the Armoury
2001 hrs

William and the Cadets walked out of the turbo lift and waited as Jackson gave the code to open the door of the armoury. After the Commander had grabbed his weapons William and the other Cadets and crew followed suit. After everyone had gotten arms they went back into the turbolift so they could get to the Airlock.

Airlock

As the group came out of the turbolift they discovered that the airlock still closed and the Commander went to open it. When it opened though William saw that the Starbases' airlock was still locked and people were on the other side working on it. For some reason the Commnader went running back the way they had come from. While he was away William decided to work on the airlock door from his side,Maybe they can't get through if the Cardassians blasted the outside control panel. But before he could enter any commands he and the rest of the crew recieved a comm message from Jackson. A moment later Commander Jackson arrived and right after he finished asking Ambassdor Ornixen if he could help William entered a command into the control panel opening the airlock doors.

TAG Ornixen, Jackson, Cadets

Starbase Thrinacia
Airlock

Callum had just finished speaking when Cadet Halsey managed to open the door from the control panel on our side Callum then thought why the hell didn't I think of that the Cadets began to go through when Callum looked at the Cadet and said "very good Cadet I don't know why I didn't think of that" Callum then turned around and tapped in a few commands on the Majesty airlock and closed the door to prevent Cardassian's boarding his ship whilst they were away. Callum then tapped his COMM badge and said =/\= Jackson to Majesty stand down red alert go to yellow alert and keep shields down=/\= the Computer then responded with *Yellow alert initiated shields are offline* Callum then turned around and straightened his uniform out and took a deep breath in as he had always hated meeting new people and began to go through the Starbase's airlock door.

Callum walked up to Ornixen and extended his hand for him to take it and shake it and said "Hello I'm Lieutenant Commander Callum Jackson Commanding Officer USS Majesty we have come to help with the fight to repel the boarding parties where would you like us? Oh and we have brought our own weapons thought you might be short as the whole crew needs them"

TAG: Ornixen, Cadets and Majesty Crew.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Connor Blake - 04-29-2011

STARBASE THRINACIA
Command Deck
2005 hours

Connor was about to issue an order when he heard Steve's voice from behind; he turned and smiled. "Admiral! Where have you been? Anyway, communications is being jammed, we are adapting the frequencies but the Cardassians are adjusting their jamming devices. The Majesty suffered extreme damaged and has docked for repairs while the rest of the fleet is taking less and giving the Cardassians a run for their money, as you humans say, the starbase shields is holding at eighty-nine percent and we're firing at will. What are your orders?"

tag Steve

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 04-29-2011

Airlock
2002 Hours

Bjorn still couldnt believe all that had happend and was still happening at the moment...
The sudden appereance of the Cardassians, all of the fighting, everywhere. He just didn´t knew what to do.
He felt like a little boy, lost in the possibilities of the world and space. He had to man up, because this was serious. He just was so overwelmd. Nevertheless, he had to do this, for himself, his family, his new found friends, his superiors, Starfleet, Earth. He just had to!
He had no idea what was going on at the moment at the Starbase. He just had an uncomfortable feeling inside of him. Like something was about to go wrong... He felt he wasn´t trained enough to do this.. In Gods name, why did it happend now, at this moment?!..., Bjorn thought to himself...
He looked around at everybody in the airlock... I wonder how they feel, Bjorn questioned himself..

Tag: All at the airlock

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Jack Ketteringham - 05-01-2011

USS Independence
Unknown
1955 hrs

Since Jack was beamed aboard he hadn't managed to make it to the Bridge for some reason the Transporter beamed him to a turbo lift where he ordered it to take him to the Bridge but he ended up at some storage tanks so he went back into the turbo lift and said "Bridge" in a slightly angry voice the turbo lift doors then closed and began its journey to what jack thought would be the Bridge but for some reason he ended up in engineering. Jack then walked away from the turbo lift and headed to the Jeffreys tube and began his ascent to Deck 1.

USS Independence
Deck 2
1960 hrs

Jack stepped out of the Jeffreys tube on Deck 2 and found another Turbo lift so he crossed his fingers and stepped in it and said "Bridge" The turbo lift began it's short journey up on deck.

USS Independence
Bridge
1962 hrs

Jack stepped of the Turbo lift with is eyes closed and fingers crossed he then opened one eye and realised that he had actually made it onto the Bridge so he uncrossed his fingers and opened his other eye and walked up to Captain Gillibrand and said "I am so sorry sir but the transporter beamed me onto a turbo lift and for some reason it would not take bring me to the Bridge so I had to take the Jeffreys tubes to deck 2 and tried another Turbo lift which finally brought me here"

TAG: Zack Gillibrand, Anyone

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Sage Targus - 05-01-2011

MkII Gryphon Class Tactical Scout
approx. 500 meters away from gate
2000 HRS

Sage watched as the fighters of the 103rd support squadron, commonly refered to as Dragon Squadron. formed up and dropped in with the Firestorm for a assult run on one of the Galors. Sage tipped her wings and set course for the Hideki class Patrol vessal. On her wing was Lt Whillis, piloting one the Bravehearts Valkyre class Fighters. AS they approached the vessal Sage opened a channel.

=^= Hold formation and wait for the break. take the port, I have starboard.=^= Sage called

=^=Roger that Pheonix, Tally HO=^= replied Whillis as he left the tactical channel open.

As they drew closer to the patrol vessal sage dropped to manuvureing thrusters and opened a channel to the Cardassian vessal.

=^^=Hideki Patrol vessal. You have commeted an act of war. you are hear by ordered to lower your shield s and surrende............ Suddenly the vessal fired on them. Sage screamed 'BREAK' over the tachtical channel. both ships just barely made it clear of the blast. Whillis broke off and flanked the Hideki from the lower port side and Sage rolled in high and tight to the Forward starboard section. As she came in, Sage op[ened fire on the forward weapons bank landing two shots to the far starboard wave disruptor. Whilis angled in on the port impulse engine landing one clear shot before being hit by a torpedo.
" Damn foul Git" barked Sage as she drew across the front of the Hideki, and dropped in to survey the damage.
=^= You ok?=^= she signaled as she opened fire on the port side of the Cardy ship.
=^= Aye, Pheonix. switching to manual controls. warp engine is down but I still have thrusters and impulse. Lets roast this bitch. =^= Whillis replied as he broke clear and opened up on the impulse engines again within seconds the post impulse engine on the agressor was disabled and Sage and disabiled both of the starboard disruptors.
=^^= Hideki Vessal. I will give you one last chance to surrender. You have to the count of three. ONE, TWO, >>>.......... Suddnely the Hideki vessal lowered her shields and signaled her surrender  ......... Now thats better. Hold position and await a boarding party. =^^=
The Hideki Patrol Vessal sent her aknowladgement. Sage and Wjhillis kept weapons free and locked on tho them as she opened a channel to the Fleet.
=^=Cmdr Targus to all ships. The Hideki Class Vessal has surrendered. I am holding position till the ship can be boarded and taken over. =^=
as she closed the tranmission she scaned the area, and opened a channel tto the closest vessal.
=^= Tango 1 to USS Thunderstorm, Requesting assistance with the Hideki Class Patrol Vessal.=^=

TAG:Thunderstorm ( GET OFF YOUR TAILS),  ALL