SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Steve Malloway - 03-23-2011

OOC: Callum, Main Gallery, not the Mess Hall! lol

IC:

STARBASE THRINACIA
Main Gallery
1920 hours

The doors to the Main Gallery from the outer rooms with kitchens and other prep rooms had flung open as soon as all the guests were seated, the smells of so many different dishes tailored to all had filled the nostrils of everyone present. It was overwhelming, and the Admiral soon found his tongue had become drenched in anticipation of the food. As per tradition the Head Table was seen to first and the occupants Starters were placed infront of them.

"Ah, a rich roasted red pepper soup." Steve muttered quietly to himself as he looked at the dark crimson concoction before him, his hands resting on his cutlery as his eyes looked this way and that. It was polite of him to wait until the other's dishes were present before starting. But nevertheless he felt a hand to his shoulder and he turned his head to look upon a younger Lieutenant Commander who introduced himself as the new Majesty CO.

"Do excuse me." Steve apologised with a smile to Connor and John either side of him as he stood, sliding out from his chair to take Callum aside a little. "Welcome Mr. Jackson, glad to see you made it in time for the ceremony." Steve greeted the younger officer, extending his hand for Callum to take it and shake. "You arrived just in time for the festivities to start as well. I apologise for cutting it short, but I recommend taking a seat with one of our other Commanders for some food." He winked. "We'll catch up after we've had some chow." The Fleet Commander nodded as Callum snapped a small salute and he watched him walk to one of the tables. Eager. I like it. Steve thought to himself with a grin before turning back to his seat and sitting once again, this time able to take up his spoon and dig into his soup...

TAG: JOHN AND EMMA

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Malone Martize - 03-23-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Gallery | Unknown
1921hrs

'...not bad...' Were the thoughts of a male terrian as he stepped into the room full of the Federation's officers. The Gallery was well prepared, the clear sign of some sort of celebration. What were they celebrating he wondered. Was it that this was a new base of operations for the Federation in this territory?

Intellegence and Recon of this new Fleet to the Federation had raised some of the same questions...would they go for it?...what would we do if they didn't?...and how were they to pursade them...

Well he was the organization's way of finding that answer...and soon he would find out.

He smiled and nodded, briefly greeting some of the Federation officers and security members as he made his way over to an unoccupied table. They were some nice folks and might be easier to reason with. As he sat, he casually surveyed the room, noting the figures in the room...possible interviewers. He sat and waited, taking a sip of the drinks that were being served as he looked at the table where all of the senior offciers appear to be sitting. He simplly sat back and watched them, as well as keept an eye on the ceromony's unveling.

Tag: Open (Do not Interact with this man just yet. He noticable tho still)

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Connor Blake - 03-24-2011

STARBASE THRINACIA
Main Gallery
1920 hours

He noticed Steve leave the table and glanced over to where the Admiral was going; Connor saw another officer standing and talking with Steve. Connor wondered who it was though he could tell that the unknown officer was in command since the man wore red. He noticed the officer had 2 full and 1 half pips; the Felinoid got up and approached them. "Hello Lieutenant Commander, I am Commander Connor Blake, first officer of this starbase. Welcome aboard and to the ceremony." He said.

taggy callum and steve

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Callum Jackson - 03-24-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1921hrs

After I had introduced my self to the Admiral he turned to the two officers who were sat beside him and said to them both "do excuse me". Then the Admiral got up and took aside a little and said "Welcome Mr Jackson glad to see you made it in time for the ceremony" and then extended his hand for me to shake it as he was doing that he then said "You arrived just in time for the festivities to start as well I apologise for cutting it short but I recommend taking a seat with one of our other Commanders for some food" he then winked and said "we will catch up after we've had some chow" I then saluted and went to go and take a table. Just as i had started to walk over for one of the tables I heard someone from behind me say "hello lieutenant Commander" I then turned around I didn't know who the commander who stood before me was but I know that he was one of the officers who were sat next to the Admiral he then said "I am Commander Connor Blake first officer of this starbase. Welcome aboard and to the ceremony" I then replied to the commander by saying "Hello Commander, I am lieutenant Commander Callum Jackson, Commanding Officer of the USS Majesty and it is a pleasure to be aboard this magnificent starbase. I hope i didn't interrupt you too much earlier at the table? because I just had too report in to the Admiral, he asked me to report in during the ceremony." I then realised how hungry I felt because I heard my stomach rumble so I said "I hope you don't mind but i have had a long journey from Earth and I am rather hungry and also I don't want to keep you here talking then your food will get cold." So after that I gave a salute to the Commander and said "hopefully we will get a chance to talk again whilst i am here aboard the starbase." I then said "goodbye" to the Commander and walked over to a table where there were two other Commander's sat at it and I said "Hello, my name is Lieutenant Commander Callum Jackson, I am the new CO of the USS Majesty." I then gestured at a seat and said "Is this seat free."

Tag: Connor, open to two Commanders.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Trek KaTara - 03-24-2011

(Posting as tamyoH)

|Starbase Thrinacia
|Main Gallery
|1900 hrs

"Good evening to you as well, Commander," said Zack, raising his glass of Aldebaran whiskey slightly.  A small amount of the pale green liquor sloshes out of the glass, and Zack had the grace to look slightly embarrassed as he stepped over the spot, attempting to hide it from view.  "Quite a sight, isn't it?" he said, gesturing expansively at the decor and tables set up in the room.  "The Starbase staff has really outdone themselves.  There's only one problem though..." he said, leaning toward the Klingon woman and speaking in a confidential tone.  "They're going to expect this for every gathering at this facility from now on. I hope Commander Blake can deliver.  We've also got a group of Academy Cadets here...I dunno about you but since graduating I've enjoyed haranguing cadets a little.  Maybe it's because I was picked on and singled out a lot by command-level officers when I was a Midshipman Cadet."  Zack took a long sip from his drink before he continued.  "So tell me. tamyoH--how would the Empire do something like this? Would they have a party like we are, or keep it under wraps?  Just for my curiosity's sake."

tamyoH looked around the room again, "Yes it is very impressive, I have never known such oppulence for a launch before. Then most Klingon vessels I have served on are owned by houses not the KDF, I have only served on one KDF owned vessel and that service ended badly." She said as she instinctivly placed her hand on her stomach where the scars were. "I can not see the KDF paying to put on such a display unless the high council or the Emperor himself were going to be present at the launch, though the lighting would be much lower the room warmer and the food move lively to match the crowd." she said with a grin.

Tag Zack

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Connor Blake - 03-25-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1921hrs

Quote:"Hello Commander, I am lieutenant Commander Callum Jackson, Commanding Officer of the USS Majesty and it is a pleasure to be aboard this magnificent starbase. I hope i didn't interrupt you too much earlier at the table? because I just had too report in to the Admiral, he asked me to report in during the ceremony." After a brief pause Callum continued. "I hope you don't mind but i have had a long journey from Earth and I am rather hungry and also I don't want to keep you here talking then your food will get cold." He saluted then added, "hopefully we will get a chance to talk again whilst i am here aboard the starbase. Goodbye."

"Nice to meet you Mister Jackson." The Felinoid replied before he shook his head. "No you didn't interrupt, the life of command is full of interruptions." Connor grinned as he was amused by the Majesty commanding officer being hungry though he wondered if the Majesty was docked or on her way to receive her new 'captain'. Connor nodded. "Yes we shall, enjoy your meal." He watched as Callum went to an unoccupied seat and a waiter brought him his meal.

Connor turned to Steve. "Admiral, I have a few things planned for after the dinner, that is if you want to know, otherwise I will need to alert the staff to carry on and not do as I had planned." He said.

taggy Steve

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 03-25-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery

I had found myself finished eating my meal, many people were still eating, I guess I was more hungry than I expected. It looked like it would still be a while till dessert would be served. So I took my Tri-corder and started researching all the ships I saw in docked in this starbase. There were a few that caught my attention and I was thinking which one I would be assigned too. The USS Independance looked like a good little ship to start out in. Would love to meet her CO. Perhaps, in time I would. The other cadets were enjoying themselves and talking, I just wasn't really much of a talker, always a listener.

TAG: Anyone

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Emma Wilkinson - 03-25-2011

200 WORDS MINIMUM POST COUNT...DON'T MAKE ME SAY IT AGAIN PLEASE!

Joint post between Commodore Wilkinson, and Vice Admiral Morgan.

STARBASE THRINACIA
Main Gallery
1915hours

After listening to Steve asking everyone take a seat, the whole room was filled with the sound of people shuffling to do so. After a few minutes the room quietened, and waited for Steve to continue. John watched Steve as he made his way around the table, acknowledging various staff he knew including himself. But at that point, a crewman approached Steve and whispered something into his ear. Although John could not quite latch on to what was said. John knew it was not something expected.

“Trouble?” John asked, Steve merely nodded in reply.

“Balls” John thought to himself.

Steve turned and left with the crew member, leaving John to deal with the whole fleet. Not having the speech that Steve had in preparation, John needed to at least stall things until Steve could have his big moment. As his friend, he could not take it. John promptly turned to Emma.

“Looks like a small delay in the proceedings, could you convey to the unveiling team the word to stall things while I get everyone into their meal?” John Whispered to Emma.

Emma nodded, standing as quietly as she could and sidled out of the room to quietly give the word to the team in question without letting anyone know a specific reason...not that she had one. Her brow furrowed in a mixture of concern and question, she had a funny feeling...but what did she know, she'd only been on base for a few hours.

=^= Commodore Wilkinson to Admiral Targus =^= Emma said over the COMM's, and after waiting for an acknowledgement continued. =^= Slight change of plans Admiral, the unveiling is now going to take place after the meal, rather than before. You and your team are on standby until Admiral Malloway, Vice Admiral Morgan or Myself gives the word. Understood? =^= Emma waited for confirmation of the order and then with a smile turned back and re-entered the room.

Sitting back down in her seat Emma turned to John, "I've given the order to hold until Malloway, yourself or I give the order to start the unveiling. Any idea what’s going on?" Emma asked, wondering about two things, one - what had gone wrong and two - what had it gone wrong to. She still hadn't had time to read up on everything, so was still rather out of the loop.
As Emma left promptly and discretely out of the hall, John tapped his glass to bring everyone’s attention to him. Everyone's eyes in the room all swiftly focused in John's general direction moments after doing so.
“Your attention please, Ladies and Gentlemen.” John Started. “There has been a slight alteration to this evenings plans. It seems the good Fleet Admiral has been called away in short notice on some matter. I use the term good loosely of course. I ask that we begin our meals, for I am sure that Admiral Malloway doesn't intend to starve you all before beginning the formal events.” John finished.

At that point Emma returned, “Well, let’s get into our starters. I don't know about you, but I am famished. I Just hope Steve doesn't keep us waiting too long?!”
Emma guessed that John was simply avoiding her question, and with a smile simply nodded to idea of getting the food going. She suddenly realised she was rather hungry, and couldn't actually remember when she last ate.

A few minutes later and people all around the room were receiving their meals, and Emma started tucking into hers when it arrived. "Prawn Cocktail, my favourite!" She muttered happily, nodding her thanks to the waiter. She picked up her fork and started, smiling with contentment. Her thoughts turned to Malloway, I wonder what's going on She thought to herself as the Admiral still hadn't re-appeared, something was going on and she didn't like not knowing.

Tag all / Admiral Malloway.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-31-2011

STARBASE THRINACIA
Main Gallery
1915 Hours

Bjorn got a bit nervous. He didn´t know what to do or what to say. He hoped he didn´t embarrass himself. As he looked through the room, he saw some more people, looking around, waiting for something to happen, but all unsure what it will be.
Bjorn had finished his meal, which was delicicous! All of sudden, an worst case scenario popped into his mind. What if someone would attack us? All the higher officers are here in the Main Gallery, so, one good coordinated attack on this position and the top of Starfleet is erased from existence.. He blinked his eyes quickly, trying to get that scenario out of his hand. In one big gulp, he drank his wine. Well, that makes me feel better, already.., Bjorn thought to himself. Nevertheless, Bjorn was a bit more on guard than usual. To calm himself down, he just looked out the mirror, glanzing at the nebula.

Tag: All

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Draco Targus - 04-02-2011

STARBASE THRINACIA
Main Gallery
1915hours
Servers whirled around the room placing dishes in there proper places. As the server attended to the table that Draco was seated Draco took note that Admiral Malloway had got up from his tab le and was heading to the door. Moments later a young Commodore also left the head table and proceded to a side door. By now Draco was sat up sternly in his chair and ready to roll out if warrented. Just as the young Commodore made it out the side door food was laid before Draco and with in a split second his combadge chirped. With a nod to Sage and Jack Draco slid his chair back and stapped away fromteh table. His two commrades in close tow as he made his way to the back of the room

=^= Commodore Wilkinson to Admiral Targus =^=

=^=Targus Here.=^= he replied as Sage and Jack motioned to the other two pilots in the team.

=^= Slight change of plans Admiral, the unveiling is now going to take place after the meal, rather than before. You and your team are on standby until Admiral Malloway, Vice Admiral Morgan or Myself gives the word. Understood? =^=

=^= Aye ma'am, orders recieved and understood=^= Draco replied as he motioned for the pilots to return to their meals as he returned to his seat and picked up his spoon to start his soup.
" So Captain, what do you see was being the strongest asset you have to work with?" Draco commented to Captain Woodcraft as he dipped his spoon into a steaming bowl of red potato soup.
Draco used this line of qustions on all commanding officers and some of their XO's as well. He thought it a good test of there charictar as leaders. Across the table Sage and Jack had returned to there meals. Before Sage was a lovely bowl of tomato basil and served up to Whillis was a bowl of what appeared to be a form lobster bisque. As Draco awaited a reply from the Captain Sage cleared her throat.

“càite bheil Malloway? Barked off Sage with the rest of the table looking on at her. With the exception of a few people she doubted anyone understood her.
"Chan eil fhios agam." Replied Draco with a look of disapproval on his face. “ Commander, you will do well to remember that not everyone speaks in the old tongue. So reserve yours.” Turning back to Woodcroft. Now Captain what say you. 

TAG:ALL

JP by sage and draco