SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - DJ Hurt - 03-12-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1911 Hours

dj took the other cadets hand and smiled " that must be fun and i am takeing the helm class" he gave a small laugh " i always loved to fly anything" his younger age had got himself into some tight spots before he looked back to his food and went on eating feeling a bit more calm

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - William Halsey - 03-12-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1911 Hours

William noted DJ's choice of training was Helm and just from his looks he could tell that DJ was a good pilot. Germans for some reason always seem to have great piloting skills. Willaim thought. After taking a few bites from his food, William asked a polite question to get DJ calmed down somewhat and help him feel more at home, "What is your top 5 favorite craft to fly or would like to fly?" William hoped  that this question would put DJ  more at ease and help him to be more talkitive as well.

TAG: Cadets, All

dj looked at the other cadet and responded " i like flying them all but my top crafts are the SC-4 and a Mk XII Killer Hawk but the best to me is the Razorback" dj answerd pulling out a PDA and turning it on and looking throught it

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Emma Wilkinson - 03-12-2011

TO ALL CADETS (current members see the note at the bottom)

I am aware that some of you are currently going through the academy, and at the same time you have been told to report to the mission. This in itself is fine, however it has come to my attention through reading previous posts that there are a few basic rules and ways of doing things that have not been explained to you or you are not aware of.

With that in mind here are a few do’s, don’t and hints for making yours and everyone else’s experience that little bit easier and better.

1. Posts should be no shorter than 200 words (Excluding time stamps and notes)
2. Regular posting is encouraged, however let others have a chance to get in there too.
3. Joint Posting – this is where two or more characters create ONE post together and then it is posted up by ONE member, making the storyline/conversation flow better and easier to read. The forum boards or MSN or something similar are helpful for this, the forums allow you to save a post in progress so you don’t have to be online at the same time to do this and each member can reply in their own time before posting it into the mission.

As it has already been pointed out by Admiral Malloway, PLEASE do not move the time forward a great deal as things are in the pipelines.
Also already stated by Ethan Trane, Humans are not telepathic so please do not use it unless your species is known to have it such as Betazoids etc.

N.B. AS FOR EXISTING MEMBERS, YOU SHOULD KNOW ALL THIS...I HAVE ALREADY RE-ITERATED THE MINIMUM WORD COUNT IS 200, THEREFORE ANY NOW UNDER 200 WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL BE MESSAGED STATING AS SUCH.

Commodore Emma Wilkinson

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-12-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1910 Hours

Bjorn looked at everybody at his table. William and DJ had an conversation, Sardac and Des were eating there meals. Well, i just hope we all still be talking to eachother when we are back at the Academy.., Bjorn thought, while taking an bite of his meal, Just delicious!
He saw DJ taking an PADD out of his pocket and Bjorn wandered wherefore DJ took an PADD. Bjorn did quite listend to the conversation of William and DJ.
As the others ate and talked, Bjorn sat there quiet. His mind was back at his parents and sister.
I miss them so much. Pity that they can´t be here too. They would loved it

Bjorn looked around the gallery, hoping he would see anyone he might knew. But he just saw so many unfamiliar faces. Some he did know, but that was because they where, well, famous if you could say so. He glanced at Admiral Malloway, Man, he must really be an good Admiral to command such an Starbase..
Bjorn never before had visited an Starbase, so he was very impressed. Man, it´s just so huge in here. That´s quite different then at home with my sister and parents in The Netherlands..
Bjorn quietly continued with his meal. Luckily, my dinner makes me feel more at home here.
Bjorn hoped that he could soon return to the Academy, to resume his training. I´m just so devoted..

Tag:  Cadets, All

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1910 Hours

dj put his padd away and looked back at the table he thought to himself the other cadets seem nice I wonder if I will end up serving with any of them? Dj looked out the window in time to see a shuttle craft fly buy he smiled to himself and then looked back to the table, he looked at the cadet who was glancing at him and asked a question “ what made you want to join starfleet?” he then waited for the answer, he thought to his family and wondered were they might be. I hope my family is still alive some were out there. DJ looked up and sighed to himself and then looked back at the other cadets eating there meal , DJ asked the waiter for more to drink and a ice cream with some brownies ass he settled into his chair he looked over to the table were all the power seemed to be sitting at. Now to get myself to sit at that table he thought then he went over some flight information in his head to clam himself down and he gently rubbed his hand along the scare on his arm from his past.

Tag- all

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - DJ Hurt - 03-13-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1910 Hours

Dj looked up as the new cadet walked in and he gave him a small smile “so he wasn’t the only one who got lost” dj turned back to the other cadets and started to talk when he picked up on a strange emotion from the new cadet he turned and stared at him wondering why he felt dread?, dj just couldn’t figure it out “ aren’t we all here for the same reason?” he tilted his head as he looked at him then he decided to introduce himself to the cadet “hello cadet my name is dj hurt and I am an German Betazoid, and you are?” he also held out his hand to the cadet. Dj thought he felt a twang of fear from someone behind him but he didn’t give I any thought as he waited for the new cadet to answer his question.
Dj was trying to figure out where the new cadet was from he didn’t see any thing he knew and he knew quite a few races. He pushed the thought out of his head for the moment and he went back to calming himself down and making sure that his hand wasn’t shaking.

TAG- ALL

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-13-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1910 Hours

Just as Bjorn wanted to answer Cadet Hurts question, another Cadet joined the table. Bjorn felt it was inpolite to answer Cadets Hurt question right now, so Bjorn waited till the just introduced Cadet Angelicus had seated. Bjorn saw an waiter walking towards Cadet Angelicus and offering him an bottle of Château d'Alsace 2151. Because of the many diner party´s Bjorn had attend, because of his diplomatic parents, he knew what a good wine was. As Cadet Angelicus refused the wine, Bjorn waved to the waiter and asked if he could have some of that wine. I love everything that´s French, he thought to himself.
Bjorn started thinking about that vacantion in France, My, my parents and little sister, were headed for Paris. Such a lovely city. It was a sunny week and we had the time of our lives. We seen the Louvre, Le Sacre Couer, Moulin Rouge and the Eiffeltower.
We went with the French Subway, we eaten in the most beautiful bistro´s and restaurants and ofcourse, try to talk French. I really want to go back there one day.

Suddenly, his being away from home sadness played up again. In his mind he made a letter for his parents and sister.
Lieve mama en papa en Destiny,

Hoe gaat het met jullie? Ik mis jullie heel erg, maar met mij gaat het verder wel goed.
Het is heel leuk op de Academie. Het is er allemaal wel wat anders dan thuis en op school, maar wel heel gezellig.
We moesten gelijk al naar een ceremonie toe, op een Sterrenbasis! Dus ik ben al in de ruimte geweest.

Ik mis jullie,
Liefs,
Bjorn

(Translated)

Dear mom and dad, Destiny,

How are you all doing? I miss you all a lot, but anyway, i´m fine.
It´s quite fun here at the Academy. It´s really diofferent then at home and at school, but also lovely.
We went straight away to an ceremony, on a Starbase! So i´ve already been into space now!

I miss you,
Love,
Bjorn

Bjorn almost cried, but he prevented that from happening, by rubbing his eye, like he had something in his eye.
He continued with his meal, like nothing was going on.

Tag: All

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Zack Gillibrand - 03-21-2011

{Zack Gillibrand}

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1900 hrs

Zack had continued to wander about the Main Gallery, still finding himself duly impressed with how the room had been laid out.  Commander Blake obviously has a keen sense for such things. I'll make sure to compliment him on this again, said Zack to himself as he panned his vision slowly around.  He saw a small gathering of Starfleet Cadets conversing quietly amongst themselves and with various officers, and that fact pleased Captain Gillibrand greatly.  He liked to see Cadets at functions such as this--they were almost always talkative, nervous, slightly wet behind the ears and definitely eager to please...especially to those of Command rank and position.  Zack turned his gaze toward the entrance for a moment and saw the tall, imposing figure of Lieutenant Commander tamyoH enter the Gallery.  She was certainly easy to spot in this crowd, since she was at least a head taller than most Humanoids.  Zack had to admit that she looked rather striking in her dress uniform, with her baldric and house emblem proudly displayed.  She approached Zack and bade him good evening, and Zack nodded and returned the sentiment.

"Good evening to you as well, Commander," said Zack, raising his glass of Aldebaran whiskey slightly.  A small amount of the pale green liquor sloshes out of the glass, and Zack had the grace to look slightly embarrassed as he stepped over the spot, attempting to hide it from view.  "Quite a sight, isn't it?" he said, gesturing expansively at the decor and tables set up in the room.  "The Starbase staff has really outdone themselves.  There's only one problem though..." he said, leaning toward the Klingon woman and speaking in a confidential tone.  "They're going to expect this for every gathering at this facility from now on. I hope Commander Blake can deliver.  We've also got a group of Academy Cadets here...I dunno about you but since graduating I've enjoyed haranguing cadets a little.  Maybe it's because I was picked on and singled out a lot by command-level officers when I was a Midshipman Cadet."  Zack took a long sip from his drink before he continued.  "So tell me. tamyoH--how would the Empire do something like this? Would they have a party like we are, or keep it under wraps?  Just for my curiosity's sake."

[tag: tamyoH, open]

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Callum Jackson - 03-22-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Shuttle Bay
18:50hrs

I stepped off the shuttle craft and looked around I was so excited I couldn't wait to see my ship but first I have to go and report to Admiral Malloway at the ceremony. I had already dressed in my dress uniform whilst on the shuttle craft so I attempted to head to wherever the ceremony was being held  I left the shuttle bay in an attempt to find out where the ceremony was being held after a few minutes when I couldn't find anyone about I thought to myself that it must have already have started so I said "computer, locate Admiral Malloway" The computer responded *Admiral Malloway is located in the main mess hall* luckily before I came here I had looked over the starbase's schematics so I had a general idea where to find the mess hall.

Starbase Thrinacia
Mess Hall
19:20hrs

I had managed to make my way to the mess hall I looked around there were tabled dotted here and there quite a few people indulging themselves in rich food which started to make me feel hungry I then got a tap on the shoulder from someone behind me I turned around and they said "would you mind very kindly moving aside as you are blocking the door" I stepped aside at that point I noticed the Admiral sat at the head table with a lot of other people sat near and around him. As I reached the head table I went around to the back of it and I put my right hand on the Admirals left shoulder and said quietly as not to disturb anyone else "sorry to interrupt you sir but I am lt cmdr Callum Jackson, commanding officer of the USS Majesty, you asked me to report in when I arrived"

TAG: Admiral Steve Malloway.