SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 03-11-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
19:10

As I watched the gallery filled with Starfleet Officers mingling, I couldn't buy help myself wonder where each one came from. There were races I didn't recognise, some horrific to look at, some....... Sexy, so to speak. I found myself so deep in thought on the subject I never notice my meal been served to me. Somehow, whoever organised this party knew what my favorite food was! Beautiful roast chicken, roast potato, cream spinach, sweetcorn and French salad. Everyones food was their favorites. With my focus now changed to my food, I wondered what dessert they will be serving. By the looks of it, all the food was natural and not that replicated stuff. My mouth was watering and I couldn't wait to start eating. But I realised no one was eating just yet. I guessed we were waiting for everyone to receive their food.

Along with the food came Romulan Ale, although it was considered illegal, every now and then it would find its way into special Federation events such as this one. I knew, by putting two and two together, that this was very obviously a very important ceremony. Was it the launch of a new ship? Someone special getting prompted? What exavactly was this all about? I so much wanted to know.

TAG: ANYONE
"please note this is the first time I am using my BlackBerry so if there are mistakes, please forgive me. Smile

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - William Halsey - 03-11-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1910 Hours

William Halsey watched as the food began to be distributed amongst the various tables in the hall. There seemded to be a great variety of different foods not only depending on species but also on the personal preferences of each individual. A waitress came to the Cadets' table with their food. William received a plate of grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes flowing with butter, corn on the cob and  a glass of sparkling apple cider.

After thanking the waitress William took a look at his food and sighed with pleasure. This is just like Mom's home-cooked Sunday meals. I wonder if the cooks have a telepath or if they somehow found out my favorite meal from my parents. Oh well its not important.

William decided not to worry about it and sat silently waiting for this dinner to begin.

TAG: All

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 03-11-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1910 Hours

As the food had been distributed between the hundreds of Starfleet officers, we all begane to eat and enjoy our meals. The food was fantastic and made me feel right at home. I had a sense though that this was no ordinary meal. I couldn't buy help think that maybe Starfleet were just maybe softening us up to go on some kind of suicidal mission. I could only hope. I wanted so much to explore the galaxy, to boldly go where no Man had gone before and to experience what thousand of Starfleet officers had already experienced, finding new life and new civilisations. Starfleet made this all possible. I know I was here for a purpose and a reason. I just couldn't wait to find out.

TAG: ANYONE PLEASE!

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-11-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1910 Hours

Bjorn was thinking about what his diner would be, because he saw that everyone was getting an different meal.
"Would you like anything more to drink?" the waitress asked. Bjorn was so caught up in his mind that he didn't noticed that the waitress was asking him something.
'Ow yeah, sorry, ehh.. I'll have an apple cider, please', he said while smiling at her.He noticed that she was smiling at him too, but more then proffesional. Sorry, not interested, he thought.
As soon as she went back to the bar, his diner arrived. Well I be damned! How did they know my favorite meal?, Bjorn thought while looking very amused at his diner plate.
His favorite meal was: An lovely Italian pasta, with an special Itialian salad and an French baguette.
Well, they sure did there best here at the Starbase. It's quite a ceremony... It must be really special, he thought to himself.

Bjorn watched the other cadets at his table and waited with his dinner, until everybody had his meal. Just to be polite, Bjorn thought while getting an smile on his face, Perfect people, perfect surrounding, perfect diner, perfect drinks, just perfect. Like nothing can go wrong, Bjorn had his biggest smile on now. I just love it here!

Tag: All

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - DJ Hurt - 03-12-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1910 Hours

Dj walked into the room were all the other cadets and officers were, he was late and had no better reason than he had got lost on the base, he walked over to a table with the other cadets and took his chair, he glanced around the table not seeing any one from his class, he rubed the scar on his arm from the shuttle craft crash at age 6, he didnt know who to talk to. he was alone.

TAG- anyone

EDITED BY Connor, inserted timestamps.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - William Halsey - 03-12-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1910 Hours

William was getting ready to begin eating when another Cadet arrived at their table. He looked like he was exhausted and had been in a hurry to get to the Gallery. As he sat down he looked about the table.Probably looking for someone he knows but that doesn't seem to be anybody here. William didn't know who the Cadet was but he thought the Cadet needed a friend so he introduced himself by saying, "Hello there! My name is William Halsey and these others here are Sardac, Des Locker and Bjorn Rommens. You look exhausted. Did you get lost? Well don't worry about it too much because everyone including the Admiral probably gets lost on this thing once in a while." William held out his hand to the Cadet and said, "So what is your name?"

TAG: All, Cadets

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-12-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1910 Hours

Bjorn saw that everone had his and her own diner plate and was ready to begin eating. At the moment he wanted to take a bite, he heared Cadet Halsey introducing himself to someone.
He looked up from his diner and looked at with who William was talking. Well, well.. Another cadet, Bjorn thought, and he´s a bit late... very well done , Cadet..
Bjorn waited until William had introduced himself, so that Bjorn could start introducing himself to the new Cadet.

Tag: All, Cadets

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Falcon Wiseman - 03-12-2011

Main Gallery

"at Ease you two. Captain Melanie Woodcroft. Nice to meet you both. For now have fun at the party and get with me later." she added looking at them as she motioned for them to have a seat and she sat herself. Falcon watched as The helmsman grabbed a chair and started to sit.
"Ma'am, sir jus wanted to say it is a great honor to serve on the thunderstorm with you." He sat down and looked at them smiling. "I promise not to scratch the paintjob." He smiled inocently and turned his attention to the front where obviously something was happening..
Falcon nodded to show that he heard the young Lt. As was proper, Falcon waited till the ladies and senior officers at the table were seated before sitting. Turning his attention to the head table he streched his collar a bit.
"Ma'am, if it is alright with you, I will collect Mr. Martize later on this evening. So that we can check out the issues that are arising on the Thunderstorm."  He commented not takeing his eyes off the front of the room were an Admiral was just takeing a seat. Aside form the now Salt and Peppered hair, The gentlman looked to be Draco Targus. " Also Could you tell me, Is that Admiral Draco Targus seated just this side of the head table? He continued as he nodded to a table  about tem meters from him.

TAG: Woodcroft, ALL

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - DJ Hurt - 03-12-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
11:21 hours
dj looked up as he heard the others talking to him he responded " hello my name is Dj hurt and yeah, i did get lost" dj said with a frown : i am usally better with finding my way around" he shook his head and looked down at his plate of food that just showed up "yumm German sweet and sour cabbage and a cup of creamed coffee" he slowly started to eat and look around at the other cadets.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-12-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1911 Hours

Bjorn heard Cadet DJ Hurt introducing himself. As DJ seated, Bjorn hedl his hand out over the table towards DJ and said, ´Hello DJ, my name is Bjorn Rommens, following the Security/Tactical training. What about you? Which course do you take?´
Bjorn looked at DJ´s diner, German sweet and sour cabbage... Is he German?, Bjorn thought, Funny.. Germany lays next to The Netherlands.. Well, it´s a small small world after all.

Tag: DJ Hurt, Cadets, All