SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Connor Blake - 03-09-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1906 Hours

Quote:"Cadet Sardac sir, it is satisfactory to be here."

Before the commander was a few steps away another cadet approached the group, this one a Vulcan. Connor had always found pointed ears attractive considering his own were as well. "Welcome aboard Thrinacia, I'm glad you could join the ceremony from your busy curriculum at the Academy to be here. Please experience some enjoyment during this event and I hope to hear about your progress at the Academy along with your fellow cadets already here." Connor said.

tag

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - William Halsey - 03-09-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1909 Hours

As William was sitting down with his new friends Bjorn and Des he noted that the other cadet that Bjorn was trying to summon before was walking toward their table after introducing himself to Commander Blake. A Vulcan. William thought Sardac is his name? I think i'll rise and give him a friendly welcome.

As Sardac approached the table to sit down with the trio of Cadets, William stood to greet him, smiled and gave him a flawless Vulcan salute saying, "Greetings Sardac. My name is is William Halsey. Do sit and join us."

TAG: All, Sardac

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-09-2011

STARBASE THRINACIA
MAIN GALLERY
1905 HRS

Quote:“It’s actually Admiral Malloway’s starbase but thank you Mister Rommens, I’m glad you are enjoying yourself.” Connor replied and cocked his head slightly. “First time in space huh, well I envy you. All new life of discovery is awaiting you out here.”

Damn... blunder.., Bjorn thought while his face went red, " I´m sorry Sir."

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
19H07 Hours

Bjorn didn´t saw the new Cadet walking towards them and finally noticed him, when he was already standing by them and introducing himself to Commander Blake.
Quote:"Cadet Sardac sir, it is satisfactory to be here."

So, his name is Sardac..and he´s Vulcan. Interesting, i´ve never seen an Vulcan from up close.., Bjorn thought to himslef.
Bjorn smiled at Sardac.

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
19H09 Hours

Bjorn noticed that Sardac was approaching the table to sit down with the group. Just when Bjorn wanted to introduce himself, William  was there first..
After William had intrduced himself to Sardac, Bjorn smiled from across the table and said, "Hi Sardac, I´m Bjorn Rommens. As william had said, join us and sit down"
Bjorn noticed that Sardac had some troubles with social interaction, but Bjorn thought was just nervous.

Tag: Des, William, Sardac, All

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 03-09-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
19H09 Hours

Des was admiring the view of all the Starfleet officers interacting with each other, he had hoped deeply that soon he could mingle amongst them as a recognized officer. Des noticed in the corner of his eye the cadet Bjorn was trying to gain attention from. He couldn't but over-hear his conversation with Commander Blake.
So... a Vulcan... Sardac... I heard they can be great friends. I hope he gives me the chance to be his friend. They seem to get far in Starfleet rankings, he could be a great asset to Starfleet. Des thought.Perhaps I should concentrate more on making friends than wallow away in self pity.

Des stood up after Bjorn had introduced himself with a smile and a handshake.

"I couldn't help but read your logical thoughts, it seems you are feeling uncomfortable with social interaction?" Des spoke gently. "Don't be, it's not Vulcan like. I am Cadet Locker, you can call me Des. What is your focus at the Academy?"

TAG: Sardac, ALL

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Connor Blake - 03-09-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1906 Hours

Quote:Damn... blunder.., Bjorn thought while his face went red, " I´m sorry Sir."

"Don't be sorry, the Admiral is officially in command of the base but generally leaves the majority of administration to me as he is busy running the fleet." Connor said.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-09-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
19H10 Hours

As Bjorn sat at the table, he looked at his new friends, Des and William. Good guys, he thought to himself.
Then he looked at Sardac, I haven´t got an grip on him. But well, I just met him, so what could i expect..
Bjorn was very glad that Commander Blake didn´t get angry or something about Bjorn´s stupid blunder. Ow, im such an idiot.. And I was trying so hard to do my best..
He looked at Admiral Malloway and waited for what he had to say.
As Bjorn looked over the crowd and saw all those officers, he couldn´t wait to gradute and become an officer too! Bjorn had a lot of ambitions and he really wanted to command an vessel someday. It will take a long time to become Captain, but yea, you have to have dreams.., Bjorn thought to himself..
Bjorn looked once again through the room and was pleased to see some many different races. That´s the goal of the Federation, i think. The Alliance of different species., Bjorn thought to himself. Hihi, and Commander Blake lookes a lot like an cat, Bjorn giggled, when he saw the tail of Commander Blake going left and right, up and down. I haven´t seen that species before, Bjorn thought as he went through his mind, thinking of the species he had seen in his childhood, All those diplomatictrips with my parents really learned me a lot about different species and so
Bjorn dreamed off in his mind to his childhood, thinking about all those different countries and embassies, all those different people and cultures. That´s why he wanted to join Starfleet, to see more cultures, species and so on.

Tag: All

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 03-09-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
19H10 Hours

I haven't made a good first impression on this pointy-eared goblin, I really didn't mean to offend him

"I apologies, I meant no disrespect Sardac, I can't control this ability to mind read, it sometimes just pops in there. I never had proper training in the matter. As for the handshake, I had no idea it would offend you. Please accept my sincere apologizes." Des responded with a frown.

How can I control these damn telepathic brain waves?

"Sardac, you a Vulcan, I was wondering if you knew how I could control my telepathic ability, any logical conclusion you can come up with?" Des asked nicely with a smile.

Des knew he had to get his telepathy in control for the sake of his career.

TAG: Sardac, ANYONE

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - William Halsey - 03-09-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1910 Hours

Suprised that Sardac had guessed of his heritage William replied "Indeed I am related to Admiral Halsey. But unlike him I don't intend to go through Command. Instead I am in Engineering and I am hoping that eventually I might get a Chief Engineering position on a large warship of some kind."

I don't want this to get to my head. Try to stay humble William and don't be arrogant about it. Act like being a descendant of Admiral Halsey is not important. Indeed William didn't want to be arrogant because of his heritage. He decided that he would acknowledge he was a descendant of Halsey but he would try to stay out of his anscestor's shadow. If he did act arrogant about it William was worried that he might lose his newfound friends.

William sat quietly as Sardac talked with Des about Vulcans and their opinions about handshakes and telepathic abilities.

TAG: All, Sardac, Des

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Falcon Wiseman - 03-09-2011

Main Gallery
1902 Hrs

Falcon was standing about three meters from the far side of the bar watching as the crowd grew. I thought this was supposed to start at 1900 hours he mused to himself. As he scaned the room he caught view of his new Commanding officer. She was speaking with a Fleet Captain when a Commander wearing yellow approached her. the two ladies spoke briefly and then the commander turned and walked over the a Lt., also wearing yellow. He thought nothing of it till the young commander approached him.

"sir I've been asked to tell you to check your ships systems with your Chief of Security and Tactical. Seems there's been an alarm on the ship. We've found nothing but captain Woodcroft would like you to double check on it. she has informed me that there is some kinks being worked out."

"Thank you for pasing along the Captain's request Commander. Can yuo please tell me whom the Lt was that you stopped and spoke to before comeing to me?" replied Falcon as he looked over the Commander's shoulder and nodded to Captain Woodcroft, acknowlaging that he had recieved her request.

TAG: Melanie, Megan, ALL

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Melanie Woodcroft - 03-10-2011

(Posting as Megan Goodyear and bit of Melanie)

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1902 Hours

Melanie saw His nod and nodded back smiling slightly at him. she then turns back to Malone. Megan turns to look and then back at Falcon.

"that's your Chief of security and Tactical aboard the Thunderstorm, Lt Malcome Martize. He's also the son of the TFCO.  Captain Woodcroft asked me to tell him as well as he's the CSTO. Seems he knows some of the kinks still going on and some have to do with his station. Please check on the ship." she said to him and headed off.

TAG