SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 03-08-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1908 Hours

"Good day Commander. My name is Cadet Des Locker. I am at your service sir. My flight was great, the nebula surrounding this base is quite beautiful." Des said with a cheerful disposition.

Des couldn't help but read the commanders thoughts, he seemed to be one of those uniquely caring type of commander. Des guessed that is why the commander was in the position he was.

"Any idea when the ceremony is going to start? I am eager to finish my studies so I can join a ship." Des asked laughing gently with a hint of nervous but confident humor.

TAG: Commander Blake, Bjorn, William, ANYONE

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Melanie Woodcroft - 03-08-2011

(posting as Melanie Woodcroft)

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1900 Hours

Melanie suddenly blushed and looked down.

"Thanks. Now that means something to me. Well a lot of things that's been said has meant something to me. I've never been that complimented in a long time. I just hope I can do well for this fleet. And as your TFXO." she said to him and then looks down at Shadow. "oh yeah.. this is Shadow my dog. she goes with me wherever I go." she introduced them. Shadow barks at Malone and licks his hand in a friendly way to greet him and sits down by Melanie again. Melanie chuckles and looks at him. "she likes you. Well actually she knows you're alright as you're talking to me so. she gets Very protective but she knows the people around here aren't going to hurt me. She'll actually protect you and the brass, specially Malloway. She likes him, as do I." she added blushing a bit and looks at Malloway and then back at Malone. "I"m surprised he took my suggestion about the codes and put me in charge of it. "she added. Megan comes up and whispers in her ear. Melanie tilts it slightly to hear nodding every once in a while.  She then looks at Megan. "Tell your men not to worry about that. There are still a few kinks that's being worked out. Also get with my Chief of Security and Tactical and let him know whats going on. Tell him to check the sensors and the weapons. Have my XO take a look as well." she informed Megan and Megan nods.

"yes ma'am. sorry for the interruption." she responded and Melanie smiles and pats her shoulder.

"you're just doing your job." she responded and Megan smiled nodding. she then headed off going over to Malcome.

"Excuse me Lieutenant but there's a problem with the ships systems and your CO has asked me to get you to check on it as well as your XO." she told her and then headed over to Falcon Wiseman and taps his shoulder.

"sir I've been asked to tell you to check your ships systems with your Chief of Security and Tactical. Seems there's been an alarm on the ship. We've found nothing but captain Woodcroft would like you to double check on it. she has informed me that there is some kinks being worked out." she said to him.

TAG: Malone, Malcome, wiseman

Small JP between Melanie and Megan as i play Megan as well lol

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Trek KaTara - 03-08-2011

(Posting as tamyoH Soghla')

USS Independence
XO's Quarters
18:40 hrs

tamyoh did not like the Federation dress uniform it was tight and ill fitting, she would of much rather been in her armour or one of her dresses but the situation called for this uniform. She showered and brushed her hair before braiding it and leaving it to hang down her back, she then put on her dress uniform and highly polished boots. She hung her baldrick over her shoulder showing her house and rank pins as well as holding her daq'targ in the special sheath she had attached to it for just that use, her other blades were also in place. She looked herself over in the mirror and once she had adjusted her uniform for the final time she left her quarters on the ship and headed for the base and the party.

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1858 hrs

She knew she was cutting it close to being late but she was not her by choice, it was an order from the Captain. As she entered the room a few people stopped and stared at her and seeing her face quickly turned away again, over the top of the crowd she could see another Klingon female also in dress whites. She did not know of any others based here and right now was more interested in finding her Captain, she made her way to the bar and ordered a bottle of malt whisky and a glass. Once she had them she turned away and began to look for Zack, her height was a great advantage as she could see over the heads of most in the room. Soon she had spotted him and moved towards him, "Good evening Captain Gillibrand." she said from beside him as she looked out around the room.

Tag Zack/any

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Steve Malloway - 03-08-2011

OOC: PLEASE DONT SKIP THE TIMELINE AHEAD!!!!! Keep things slow unless rushed forward by a Senior Commander. AND PLEASE everyone make sure they carefully read EVERYONE's posts.

IC:

STARBASE THRINACIA
Main Gallery
1909 hours

The Admiral lifted his glass to his lips as he took the headset microphone from one of the crewmembers who had rushed over on his order. He swallowed, giving the empty glass. "Bloody time runs away with you." Steve winked to the crewman as they smiled and disappeared. As he placed the headset in position he turned from having his back to the crowd and tapped the earpiece to turn it on. He smiled as the sound clicked an echo in his ear.

Lets get this party started... late. He mused to himself and walked forwards slightly to place himself at the very front of the Gallery, directly in the middle of standing just infront of the larger rectangular table for the Senior attendees.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, Transgendered species, Vice Admiral Morgan; if I could have your attention please?" He paused, the room growing quieter as all the heads in the Gallery turned to look upon the Fleet Commanding Officer. Steve allowed a small smile. "My apologies for the late start; it would seem the whiskey they provide allows a certain loss of time," He chuckled somewhat before continuing, "but, be that as it may, these festivities are in need of starting! If you could all find yourselves a seat at our beautifully decorated tables we'll get underway with dinner, at which point I will bore you all with a small speech." With that he finished, gesturing with both hands as a cue to all to find their seats.

As he watched the officers and crews of the many vessels now under his direct command in the Fleet he felt even more at ease than before. He could now see all of them, rather than look through personnel files. He could get really get to know them all, find out who these people actually were rather than deduce it from a file held in the database. Steve allowed for another smile. It was becoming something he was doing a lot more as of late, this whole smiling lark. Normally didnt happen like this unless his daughter was visiting. Steve snorted, knowing full-well that wasnt the case. As he watched the crews mingle to their seats he turned on the spot, nodding acknowledgement to Connor who had taken up his place to the right of where Steve would be sat, and also a grin to his old friend John, taking up occupancy of the chair to what would be Steve's left. Both are bloody fine officers. He was proud to know them both, and his facial expression clearly showed his approval of each. As he walked around the back of the table behind those who had already sat he glanced to the left of John to recognise another familiar face. Emma. He knew he'd skimmed his personnel listings as of late, but how he had missed seeing her name was unclear. As Emma looked over, he mouthed a 'Hello' closely followed by a 'Catch up in a bit' which he accompanied with two thumbs up as he finally found himself behind his own seat.

Steve looked out across the masses again, his hands resting on the back of his chair as he watched, waiting on the last officers to sit before he continued on...

TAG: EEEVVVVEEERRRYYYOOOONNNEEEEEE

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 03-08-2011

STARBASE THRINACIA
Main Gallery
1909 hours

As Des was listening to the Admiral, Des couldn't help but feel a part of a really big family. There were many people in the Main Gallery, all wearing their "occasion uniforms". The uniforms in most part were bright white with golden linings. Whatever the occasion this was, it was obviously something very big, especially since the NEW cadets were invited. But still, deep inside, Des still had that longing for his x fiancée. The hurt and pain was still in his heart and it was difficult, even for an experienced councilor, to control. As the Admiral was talking, the memories of Des's x fiancée were haunting him deeply in his heart. But Des knew this was something really important for him to deal with. Starfleet didn't need someone with such a heavy heart. Especially someone who's aspirations involved having a command of his own.

As the Admiral invited everyone to find their seats, Des already knew exactly where his was. He couldn't explain to himself how he knew, he just did. He found himself sitting between Bjorn and William, the utencils with a beautiful silver set with Starfleet insignia engraved in the handles. There were crystal glasses of wine and Des even notice Romulan Ale in some of the commanding officers glasses. Isn't Romulan Ale illegal?

Des was very quite and was just enjoying his drink the sound of everyone around him. Although he saw them as his future family and friends, he still felt very alone. More alone than he had ever felt. But deep down inside there was a small spark of happiness trying to break free. With everything Des had gone through, he definitely deserved to be happy.

Des had already seen a couple of female officers he found to be attractive, but they were all well established officers. It was as if they were wearing a sign that says: DON'T TOUCH!!!
Not that he ever would, he guessed the reason for him noticing them was the simple fact that he was a normal human male. He still wanted to beat himself up for even thinking along those lines though. After all, he couldn't stop thinking of his x fiancée, Rachel.

Des was also VERY tired. He hadn't slept much since Rachel left him. Not having her by his side at night was like having half his body cut off. Des was even considering setting up some kind of holographic program to simulate Rachel. But that would be wrong. He must just accept what has happened and move on. Starfleet was the best way to do it. Des wished that, for a change, someone would council him. All throughout Des's life, he had helped others and counselled others, but he NEVER had anyone he could speak to. And often people would point fingers at him and tell him that he must "practice what he preaches".

Des was still very thirsty, but he was unsure of when he would be able to get another drink. He guessed that it would be soon since he could smell the aroma of gourmet food.

TAG: ANYONE

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-08-2011

STARBASE THRINACIA
Main Gallery
1909 hours

Bjorn smiled at Des. "Well looks like it´s going to begin now", Bjorn said with a smile while he sees that Admiral Malloway was preparing to begin his speech.
Bjorn was still very excited. He still didn´t knew what this was all about, but he knew that it had to be something big, because there were so many Senior Officers and other crewmembers. And since the newly accepted Cadets to Starfleet were also invited.

He looked for a seat as Admiral Malloway ordered everybody to sit down. Commander Blake moved away from them and went to his own seat. Bjorn found a seat next to Des and William sat at the other  side of Des. As he sat down, he looked around the Gallery, but he didn´t saw the Cadet he was trying to make eyecontact earlier, anywhere. He must have gone up in the crowd, Bjorn thought too himself.
While siting next to Des, he suddenly felt a bit of loneliness. He missed his parents, his little sister and his grandparents. I need to remember myself to send them an message when i´m back at Starfleet Academy.
On the other side, Bjorn felt glad that he was now part of an bigger ´family´. He enjoyed been around Des and William and he hoped they could be friends when they´re back at the Academy.

Bjorn looked at Admiral Malloway, eager to find out wherefore this ceremony was.

Tag: Des, William, Sardac, Admiral Malloway, All

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - William Halsey - 03-08-2011

STARBASE THRINACIA
Main Gallery
1909 hours

William took notice of the Admiral's opening remarks and finished his diet coke. William followed Bjorn and Des to a table and sat across from Bjorn while Des was between them. Commander Blake, the officer who had welcomed the trio, had left them and walked to his own seat which Willam assumed was assigned.

As William seated he noticed Bjorn's casual look around the roomProbably looking for the other Cadet who we saw. I hope that we will be able to meet him later. William turned to face Admiral Malloway and thought with a look of curiousity on his face,I wonder what this ceremony is all about. William couldn't wait to find out. I wonder if Dad knows about this ceremony. probably not as he is commanding the Akira-class Alliance based at Earth. William tuned his ears to what Admiral Malloway was about to say.

TAG: All

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Emma Wilkinson - 03-08-2011

(Comodore Emma Wilkinson)

STARBASE THRINACIA
Quarters 18:25 Hours

Emma checked the time and jumped out of her chair. She set her empty coffee cup back in the replicator for recycling, and made her way to the door checking herself in the mirror one last time. With a quick flick of her long blonde slightly curly hair and a smile she exited her quarters and made her way to the main gallery with an extra bounce in her step.

Main Gallery 18:32
Emma stepped into the Main Gallery and looked around. There were a fair few people already present, but compared to the number of people that were still flowing into the room, there was obviously only a sprinkle so far. After scanning the room briefly Emma stepped over to the bar and ordered herself a drink, turning to look into the room, and admired the hard work that had obviously been put into the preparations. There were flowers on all the tables, the silverware seemed to literally sparkle and everything simply looked like any event like this only better. Her drink arrived and with a sip from it she looked round some more and spotted the Federation flag hanging spectacular on one wall, which instantly made her smile. Standing just away from it, and admiring it as she was, stood a familiar figure with a few others she didn’t recognise around or approaching him. She would catch him later on, for now sliding between the different groups of people both at the bar and dotted around the room Emma made her way around the room for a closer look at everything for a while.

After a full circuit around the room, and stopping to look out of the main window in the room Admiral Malloway called everyone to order. "Ladies, Gentlemen, Transgendered species, Vice Admiral Morgan; if I could have your attention please?" He said pausing to allow the noise of the room to die down before continuing. "My apologies for the late start; it would seem the whiskey they provide allows a certain loss of time," He chuckled somewhat before continuing, "but, be that as it may, these festivities are in need of starting! If you could all find yourselves a seat at our beautifully decorated tables we'll get underway with dinner, at which point I will bore you all with a small speech."  He then gestured for everyone to make their way to their seats.

Emma made her way back to the top table. Being one of the senior command staff, she took her seat with the others, taking her place to the side of John Morgan…another familiar face from the past. However Steve obviously recognised her as he suddenly caught sight of her and something clicked. He mouthed ‘Hello’ and ‘we’ll catch up later’ to her, and with a smile and nod in return he turned back to wait for everyone to take their seats before continuing with his speech. She took hers and folded her hands under her chin waiting for whatever was coming next with anticipation.

(Tag Malloway (JP for the catch up?) / all) 

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Emma Wilkinson - 03-09-2011

(Commander Jemma Grax)

STARBASE THRINACIA
Main Gallery
19:05 Hours

Jemma stayed on the edge of the crowd so as not to get overwhelmed by everything but as she went to take a swig of her drink, she found the glass to be empty again. [i] Damn [i/] She thought to herself looking over at the rather crowded bar. Jemma took a deep breath and made her way over towards the bar weaving, sidestepping and pardoning her way through the throng of people all milling about chatting.

“Vodka and Diet Coke please.” She asked the bar tender when he finally got around to her. She didn’t know why, but she had developed a taste for the strange concoction, it was unlike most Betazoid drinks she could think of.
Just as Jemma was finding her way out of the mass of people around the bar, Admiral Malloway stood and got everyones attention, before asking everyone to take their seats. [i]Oh good here we go[i/] She thought to herself looking around for anyone she recognised to sit with. Finally she spotted Ethan again, looking a bit more relaxed that he had done earlier in the evening. She continued weaving through the crowd towards him, and took a seat at the table he had already taken a pew at.

“Here we go.” Jemma said looking up to the main table with intrigue. Yes they already knew what was going to happen, but they didn’t really know what to expect, or what would happen along the way. That was the interesting and fun part for Jemma.

Tag Ethan/All

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Connor Blake - 03-09-2011

STARBASE THRINACIA
MAIN GALLERY
1905 HRS

Quote:Saluting smartly to his superior along with his fellow cadets, William said. "Thank you Commander, its good to be here. I am Cadet William Halsey. I had a good flight here but it was relatively uneventful."

Connor smiled and his tail waved a little around his legs. “Not to worry Mister Halsey, you’ll soon be in the thick of things,” he said with a wink.

Quote:After Commander Blake introduced himself, Bjorn answered, "Hello Commander, my name is Cadet Bjorn Rommens and I’m very glad to be here on your beautiful Starbase. My flight went without any troubles. Well, it was nice to see Earth from a different perspective, it was my first space flight, Commander", Bjorn said to Commander Blake.

“It’s actually Admiral Malloway’s starbase but thank you Mister Rommens, I’m glad you are enjoying yourself.” Connor replied and cocked his head slightly. “First time in space huh, well I envy you. All new life of discovery is awaiting you out here.”

Quote:"Good day Commander. My name is Cadet Des Locker. I am at your service sir. My flight was great, the nebula surrounding this base is quite beautiful." Des said with a cheerful disposition. "Any idea when the ceremony is going to start? I am eager to finish my studies so I can join a ship." Des asked laughing gently with a hint of nervous but confident humor.

“The nebula is indeed,” Connor’s smile grew bigger. “An eager cadet, it’s a pleasure to meet you Mister Locker. Yes I believe the Admiral will get this ceremony started soon, in the meantime just relax. You can relax right?” Connor looked around and saw Steve stand at the lectern for he began the ceremony.

“Well I better get over there, best of luck to all of you Cadets. If you come by here again please do let me know how you are going.” Connor said offering his hand to each of the cadets before he went to the Admiral’s side.

MAIN GALLERY
1909 HRS

Connor sat down next to Steve’s place and waited.

tag Cadets, (just back post using time stamps before you add in anything new)