SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Malone Martize - 03-08-2011

Main Gallery | Flt.Capt. Martize
1900 hours

"Aye..it comes with the territory of being the TFXO." He said and patted her back.
"I know I can sit my life in your hands" He commented with his smile.

tag: Melanie

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-08-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
19H04 Hours

"Well yes! Now i know!", Bjorn said out loud, happy that he finally rememberd from where he heared the name Halsey before. "I learned that during History at High School. Wauw, never thought i would actually meet someone that was his family. But you probably hear this all the time, don´t you?", Bjorn asked William. I´m impressed William... You´re famous!, Bjorn thought with a little smile on his face.
"Dreams are here to come true, aren´t they?", Bjorn said to William.

Bjorn quickly turned towards the bar and ordered another diet coke. "Thank you", Bjorn said to the bartender and turned back at William.

Bjorn looked through the room as William said, "I wonder why we are the only Cadets here. I was expecting a whole lot more."
"Well yes, I hope that they don´t get late. That would be a bad start...", Bjorn answered. "But, they will be fine... ", Bjorn said with a wink.

"What classes are you guys in?" William asked. "Well, i´m following the Security/Tactical training and my friend Des here, followes the Counselling training.", Bjorn answered, "Funny, we all have diffrent classes! Counselling, Engineering and Security/Tactical! Good mix, isn´t?", Bjorn said with a smile.

Bjorn was curious to get to know Des and William better, since they where the only ones he had met so far. I wonder  how far there Quarters are away from my Quarters, back at the Academy.., Bjorn questioned himself..

Tag: All, Des, William

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - William Halsey - 03-08-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1904 Hours

"I try to stay humble with all the History that is putting pressure on me. In fact my father wanted me to go through Command but i decided to go Engineering because ever since i was young i've had a special afinity with engines and other machinery. And yes those classes are a good mix." said William.

Seeing that Bjorn was worried about something and guessing what it was William said "Are you worried about when this ceremony will start? Don't worry about it, the brass know what they are doing, we are just here to watch. Turning to the bartender William asked, "Can I have one of what's Bjorn here is having? Thank you."

Tag: All, Bjorn, Des

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Zack Gillibrand - 03-08-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1843 hrs

While Commander Blake was speaking, Zack took a little more time to look at him more closely.  Physically, Zack had not seen a finer specimen. His uniform was tight, probably a bit tighter than regulation.  Zack certainly did not mind though--the Commander had a superb physique, with a handsome face to accompany.  Zack found himself very pleased with both what he saw and heard from the young Starbase XO, and that left him wanting to know more. 

"well Connor," began Zack, "I look forward to beginning better acquainted with you.  Perhaps  you'd like to talk more later, after things wind down a bit? Find me, I'll be around.  Ah, I see my Chief Engineer has made it here also."  Rayner spoke, introducing himself to Zack as well as Blake and Malloway.  Zack favored him with a lopsided grin.  "As you were, Lieutenant.  Glad to see that you made it here on time.  This is Admiral Malloway, our esteemed Fleet CO, and this is Commander Blake the Starbase XO.  Sir, Commander, I'd like to present my Chief Engineer Lieutenant Rayner.  Enjoy yourself tonight, Mr. Rayner...but keep in mind that we are shipping out at 0900 tomorrow morning. Your engines need to give me warp seven for over ten days straight if we're going to complete this survey in our allotted time frame. My advice--moderation, Lieutenant."

{open tag}

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Connor Blake - 03-08-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1843 hrs

Connor nodded. "As you wish sir- I mean Zack." He wasn't quite sure what to make of the Independence captain but the man was striking and it was hard to not do as he was told considering Connor's past in the Orion slave market most of his young life. The Felinoid looked to the Independence chief engineer and offered his hand. "Welcome to Thrinacia, Mister Rayner and yes I hope you enjoy yourself."

He had to admit Aaron found the Commander attractive and accepted the starbase executive officer's hand after a brief and discreet look over. They shook once then let go of each other. "Thank you sir and I will keep that in mind." Aaron turned to Steve and gave a respectful nod. "Admiral," he greeted. The engineer hoped one day he would be rubbing shoulders with the Corps of Engineers leadership as one of them and meeting an Admiral always seemed to make Aaron want that dream to become a reality greater then before.

"If you'll excuse me I see some Cadets have made it here, I would like to welcome them." Connor said to the three men and gave a respectful nod before making his way over to the newest additions to Starfleet. Once he was standing with them he smiled. "Welcome aboard Cadets, I am Commander Connor Blake, the executive officer of this starbase. How was your flight here?" he asked Bjorn, William and Des.

tag Cadets, Zack
Joint post between Connor and Aaron

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 03-08-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1905 hrs

Des's mind was wondering all around tonight, he was not very happy deep down inside. He was happy that he was now part of something special but he couldn't help wondering if he made the right choice in leaving his fiancée. As Bjorn and William were talking he hardly paid attention, but he tried very hard to hide his emotions. Des and his fiancée were incredibly close and had experienced a lot together. They were soul-mates, how could it all have gone so wrong.

Des could hear the inner voices of his new friends, he was fully aware how much both of them were nervous. Des wasn't at all nervous though. He often wished he could share his inner strength with his friends. Perhaps, by been a good example to them, he probably could.

"I am studying counselling." Des answered to William. "Something told me it would be a great career move."

TAG: Bjorn, William, ANYONE

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1906 Hours

Bjorn liked talking to Des and William, they are very friendly to him. Good start of my Academy years, he thought to himself.
Bjorn looked at Des and noticed that Des was a bit distracted, but Bjorn let him be. He´s somewhere with his mind deep down, I don´t want to interrupt that Bjorn made eye contact with Des and gave him an motivation smile. A smile is always good, Bjorn thought while similing at Des.

Bjorn heard the answer of William regarding his famous antcestor.
Quote:"I try to stay humble with all the History that is putting pressure on me. In fact my father wanted me to go through Command but i decided to go Engineering because ever since i was young i've had a special afinity with engines and other machinery. And yes those classes are a good mix." said William.
Bjorn smiled and said in reply, " Well, as long if you´re not being harassed, because everybody wants your signature, then everything is alright, doesn´t it? And about your career dream, don´t let anybody get in the way of that. You know yourself the best!"

Bjorn faded back into his I-wanna-know-where-this-ceremony-is-about mode when William said,
Quote:"Are you worried about when this ceremony will start? Don't worry about it, the brass know what they are doing, we are just here to watch."

"Ow, well, yes, you´re probably right. I just have to relax, sit and wait!", Bjorn said with a sad smile.
Bjorn turned to the bartender and ordered another diet coke. Bjorn noticed that William orderd the same. Haha, another diet coke drinker, that´s nice., Bjorn thought to himself, while drinking his diet coke. Bjorn enjoyed the fresh taste and the and the coldness of the drink caused by the icecubes in his drink. It made him feel like he was back home. His mother always let him drink diet coke with ice on parties. I miss you , mother, he thought, while staring outside.

As Bjorn scanned to room another time, he saw someone he didn´t saw before. All the way in the back, almost unseen if you look fast over the crowd. Bjorn noticed that the other person in the back, was an Cadet too! Bjorn tried to make eye contact with that person,inviting him to come and stand with them, but it was very hard, since they each stood at the opposites of the room. Maybe shy?, Bjorn thought to himself, still trying to make eye contact.

Tag: All, Des, William, Sardac

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 03-08-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1907 Hours

Des looked at the barman and smiled and looked at the drinks available on the animated menu he was holding.

"Hmmm... I will have Cocoa Leaf Tea." Des said licking his lips.

Des loved all the natural, sweet, healthy foods and drinks. Not many had heard of the Cocoa Leaf Tea but Des loved it, it was his favorite beverage. As for Alcohol am sparkling soft drinks, he didn't care much for them. Des looked out the window and noticed the beautiful nebula. He also noticed a few shuttle craft and starships entering and exiting the sector. Most were Federation of course. But not all of them. He liked this nebula, it was beautiful.

Des was feeling a bit emotional still but he was a very strong person. He would never allow his personal feelings to unduly influence him in any way. Des had now fully committed himself to Starfleet and was ready to take on the galaxy. Des was very much a diplomat in nature, he was always the kind of person who would step-in and stop conflict, he had a way with words and actions that almost paralyzed anyone involved in a conflict. It was no magic, it was no telepathy, it was purely words of wisdom.

Yes, Des had a lot of personal demons he had to fight, but been here, in Starfleet made him feel much strong and secure and having friends like Bjorn and William, he could tell he was not alone anymore. He still had a hunger and thirst to have a special woman in his life but he was too afraid to move on.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - William Halsey - 03-08-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1907 Hours

As William was drinking his diet coke and talking with his newfound friends his caught sight of someone moving towards their table. It was an officer, namely Commander Conner Blake and as he approached William stood to join Bjorn who was already standing trying to gain Sardac's attention. A moment later Des joined the two as Commander Blake arrived.

Quote:"Welcome aboard Cadets, I am Commander Connor Blake, the executive officer of this starbase. How was your flight here?"
Asked Commander Blake. Saluting smartly to his superior along with his fellow cadets, William said. "Thank you Commander, its good to be here. I am Cadet William Halsey. I had a good flight here but it was relatively uneventful."

TAG: All, Des, Bjorn Sardac, Connor

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1907 Hours

Bjorn didn´t noticed Commander Blake walking towards them, because Bjorn was busy trying to get the attention of the other cadet at the other side of the Gallery. O no, there´s an Commander walking towards us, Bjorn thought, as he almost choked in his drink, when he saw Commander Blake walking towards them. Stay calm Bjorn, stay calm.. It probably is just an friendly visit and welcoming word from him

While Commander Blake started introducing himself, Bjorn and the others saluted. After Commander Blake introduced himself, Bjorn answered, "Hello Commander, my name is Cadet Bjorn Rommens and i´m very glad to be here on your beautiful Starbase. My flight went without any troubles. Well, it was nice to see Earth from an different perspective, it was my first space flight, Commander", Bjorn said to Commander Blake.
o god, I just talked with an Commander.. and not even just an Commander.. It´s THE Commander of this Starbase.. , Bjorn thought while being very nervous about Commander Blake´s friendly visit.

Tag: Des, William, Sardac, Commander Blake, All