SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-07-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
19H00 Hours

Bjorn looked at Des, half puzzeld How did he knew? and half with a smile.
"Well yes, i do feel a bit lonely. You know, the far away from home issue.. But let´s talk about that later, Counsellor, tonight is party time", Bjorn said while laughing. He´s going to be a good counselor, i know that for sure, Bjorn thought.

"Bartender, another diet coke, please", Bjorn asked as he turned towards the bartender, "With ice, please!"
After taking his glass and a zip, Bjorn again smiled at Des and looked around the Main Gallery.
I shouldn´t let my personal feelings get in the way of tonight´s ceremony... When is it going to start anyway?, Bjorn asked himself.

He thought about Des´s qoute
Quote:"A wise man once told me to never allow loneliness into your life. Be daring and get out there!"
Well, he is right on that point..

"Let´s get this party started!", Bjorn said to Des.

Tag: All, Des

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Trek KaTara - 03-07-2011

(Posting as tamyoH)

USS Independence
Transporter room one
18:20 hrs

Before she could follow him the transporter been swallowed her and all her belongings, she reapeared a few seconds later aboard the USS Independence.

tamyoH stepped down off the pad and walked over to the man stood waiting by the console.

"Commander," began Zack, trying hard to put a smile in his voice and largely failing. "I appreciate you being able to make it here on such short notice. Welcome aboard the Independence. Zack Gillibrand, son of Elias, at your service." Zack extended a hand in greeting to the imposing Klingon.

tamyoH took the offered hand and shook it , her grip strong but not crushing. "Thank you Captain Gillibrand, tamyoH Daughter of T'kar of the house of Nagh at your service." she said formally.

"We've still got a bit of time before this party starts. I'd like to get you fully cleared and briefed on the Gateway Project before then. Let's go to my Ready Room...since this is classified material." Zack said as he motioned toward the exit.

tamyoH nodded, "Aye Captain." she said and followed him out of the transporter room, leaving her things to be moved to her quarters by a couple of crewmen who had been waiting off to one side.

The pair began to walk down the corridor. Zack leaned over and spoke in a hushed voice.
"When I heard you were coming, I made sure live gagh and a few other Klingon items were added to tonight's menu. I look forward to trying the rokeg blood pie personally," he said with a slight chuckle as they reached the Ready Room doors.

"Thank you Captain that is considerate of you, I had not expected any special treatment. Klingon foods are not all as bad as people think, we even cook some of it." she said with a chuckle.

"Well I don't consider edible food special treatment, Commander," said Zack as they crossed into the Ready Room. "Welcome to my personal sanctum sanctorum. Please, have a seat," Zack said as he sat down behind the desk. "First and foremost, just to let you know I really hate being called Sir. Captain is fine, and call me Zack in private please."

tamyoH followed him into his office, she sat down in the offered seat and watched him as he took his seat behind his desk. "Many consider anything that does not come from a replicator as special treatment, as for how to address you I shall do as you ask Captain when around others and Zack when alone such as now. So Zack just how bad a hornets nest have I been dropped into this time?" she asked with a slight grin.

"Well this Gateway business has the Fleet brass all worked up. It's an extremely powerful piece of technology--most galactic powers, both friends and foes, would kill for the ability to instantly transport across interstellar distances. It would be an enormous tactical advantage." Zack passed a PADD across the desk. "These are your command codes. As well as a short summary of the Gateway Project. Not exactly Shakespeare, but still important."

tamyoH took the padd and scanned it quickly getting her codes memorized and then put the padd away, "Other than this party tonight is there anything I need to know about right now?" she asked as she sat staring directly at him.

"We're leaving at 0900 tomorrow morning for a Mapping survey of the Hopi Expanse in sector 575. Not thrilling work by any definition of the word, but it's our orders nonetheless. I'll expect all departments to report in to you no later than 0800. I should probably give you time to get into dress uniform, too."

"Understood, I shall ensure you have the reports by 0815. Now I must ask what your stance is on my carrying my personal weapons. What you will and will not allow me to continue to carry, each ship and each Captain has their own preferences so it is easier to ensure what they are." she stated as she knew most of what she carried was not even visible.

"If any of them are energy weapons, all I ask is you submit them to be scanned and authorized by the computer, you can do that in the Armory. All energy weapons will be limited to power setting of 7 unless I authorize higher. As far as bladed or other weapons...as long as you can carry them and still wear a regulation uniform then I have no problems with them."

"I do not carry an energy weapon unless on an away mission, bladed weapons however are a different matter. I always have at least 6 blades on me, 7 if I am carrying my daq'targ. I thank you for the permission to continue to carry them though Zack, do you require any information on the weapons at all?" she asked her tone was warm and friendly but had a hard edge to it, and when she smiled it only made her look more fierce due to her severe scaring on her face and neck.

"If you feel that information will be needed. My theory on things of this nature is that there needs to be an implicit degree of trust between a Captain and his XO...and by exercising appropriate restraint in the use and handling of your personal weaponry, you will be affirming that trust. Agreed?"

"Agreed, and as my main weapons are hidden I feel you should know where they are. You never know when you may need one of them. " she said and grinned, "I carry 6 purpose made throwing knives hidden in my baldrick, they are not visible when worn and are not normally picked up in a scan for weapons." she stated then to prove her point took one of the blades from it's place in her baldrick and handed it to him hilt first.

Zack took the offered weapon and examined it closely, turning it over on his palm. He ran the finger nail of his right index finger down the blade--it was indeed sharp, an impressive weapon. "This is superb craftsmanship, like nothing I have seen before. Are they custom-made?"

"Thank you, I am honoured by your compliment. I make all my own weapons, and those for my House. I am also one of the two brewers in the House, the other one being my mother." tamyoH said with pride in her tone.

"Brewer? Really now," said Zack with a distinct sense of curiosity.  He had sampled a few Klingon spirits in the past, including chech'tluth and warnog, and most captains he knew of had tried blood wine at least once.  Klingon alcoholic beverages were significantly more potent than most other beverages Zack knew of, another testament to the toughness of that race.  "That's certainly an uncommon profession.  I look forward to sampling some of your concoctions soon.  And whatever you need as far as supply requisitions to keep that up let me know, and you shall have it.  I need the officers that serve under me to feel at home on my ship"

"You wish me to brew alcohol aboard your ship Captain? Is there anything in particular you wish me to brew?" tamyoH asked still slightly shocked that a Starfleet Captain was not only giving her permission to brew alcohol aboard his vessel but had told her to order what ever she needed to do so.

"I don't have a particular request," said Zack, making a sort of dismissive wave with his right hand.  "But I do believe that keeping my officers and crew happy is an integral part of a smooth-running ship.  So as long as any activities do not conflict with Starfleet regulations, I'm okay with them.  Plus...I also personally believe that the Officer Exchange Program is an integral part of the Federation's continuing good relations with the Empire and the KDF.  Bottom line, if you're happy and doing so within regs, then I'm happy."

tamyoH nodded "Understood Captain, if there is nothing else right now I will go and get ready for the party." she said as she stood, seeing his nod she turned and left his office.

A Joint post between

Captain Zack Gillibrand

and

tamyoH Soghla'

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Trek KaTara - 03-07-2011

(Posting as Ka'Tara)

Starbase Thrinacea
Main Gallery
1850 hours

Ka'Tara walked into the main gallery as she did a few people stopped and stared at her, she ignored them totally she was used to it. Her size and build combined with the cold hard look she normally wore made many non Klingons stop and stare and occasionally gasp and back away from her, now the fact that this cold hard killing machine of 7'1" of solid muscle was dressed in a federation dress uniform with her hair braided intricately and pinned up on her head just added to the confusion some felt at seeing her.

Ka'Tara fought hard to keep the smile from her lips as she headed straight for the bar and the Captain, it did not take her long to get to the bar as a path just seemed to open up for her. A few short minutes after entering the room she was at the bar standing next to Ethan. "Good evening Captain, may I get you a drink?" she asked her harsh voice almost booming over the rest of the crowd even though she was just speaking normally.

Tag Ethan

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - William Halsey - 03-08-2011

Starbase Thrinacea
Shuttlebay 4
1830 hours

Cadet William Halsey debarked from his shuttle into the hanger of Starbase Thrinacea eager to get to the Main Gallery and wait for the ceremony to begin. His flight from Earth had been peaceful and uneventful. While onboard the shuttle he had studied a map of the Starbase so he would know how to get to the Main Gallery without trouble. With this knowledge memorized Halsey left the hanger bay and headed for his temporary quarters to change into a fresh uniform. While enroute to his quarters he saw the union of BjornR and Dlocker and noted to himself that he would have to get to know them here in the near future.

Halsey's Quarters
1850 hours

After donning a fresh uniform and freshening up in his quarters Halsey began his trek to the Main Gallery. It wasn't very far and soon he was at his destination. The main Gallery was filling up with people including a few high ranking officers who he had seen around the Academy. He spotted Bjorn and Dlocker and decided to go over and sit down next to them and introduce himself.

Tag: All

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-08-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
19H00 Hours

As Bjorn looked around at the crowd, still wanting to know when the ceremony begon and what it was all about, when he saw someone walking towards him and Des. Because the one walking towards Bjorn had the same uniform on as Bjorn and Des did, Bjorn quickly assumed that the other was an new Cadet too. Bjorn was thinking hard, trying to go trough mind and wandering if he ever seen this person before, Maybe in the shuttle, but i´m positive that i didn´t saw him on the Academy...

The other Cadet was almost there where Bjorn and Des stood and Bjorn smiled at the new one.
Looks like we´re getting an Cadet group at this side of the room, Bjorn thought.
He poked Des and said, " Look Des, there´s another new Cadet! And he´s coming towards us"

Bjorn hoped that the other Cadet wasn´t nervous. because Bjorn knew he had poked Des and pointed towards the new Cadet. Hopefully the new Cadet wouldn´t pick that up as a thread, but as an invitation to join the group.

Tag: All, Des, William

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Malone Martize - 03-08-2011

STARBASE THRINACIA
Main Gallery | Flt.Capt. Martize
1858 hours

"Hey Melanie." Martize said as he stepped over, his hands still tugging and wrestling with the collar around his neck. Curse his big neck.

"I never got to congrate you approvately on your first major mission." He said smiling. It was indeed an honor for the Thunderstorm to be chosen for the guardian to the Braveheart.

Main Gallery | Lt.Haven
1900 hours

Haven felt his chin. It had been a while since he last shaved. He felt like a young kid who just got his first 5 o'clock shadow. He looked around for the Indepenece crew, walking by another Lieutinent who looked as if he had a bad day.

Main Gallery | Lt. Malcome Martize
1900 hours

Malcome had walked by another member, looking as if he was missing his beard.
'This is gonna be a drag...' He thought. He hated these imformal gatherings. They were a waste of tieme and engery. In a way, he was surprised he didn't see a orcrestra concerterto playing and a bunch of elderly folks who should've  retired 300 years ago and dressed in formal provaktive clouthing, talking about ...

He bumped into someone, which interrupted his chain of thought.
"Hey!" He said, not shouting, but in a firm voice, not knowing who he had bumped into.

Tag Melanie - Open - The Bumped into Person (Open to anyone)

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1900 hours

As William walked toward Bjorn and Des he noted that Bjorn poked Des to notify him of William's arrival. He took this as a welcoming gesture and strode toward the pair. As they stood to acknowledge his approach he smiled and thought to himself Looks like they are welcoming me to their table. i saw Bjorn on the shuttle but he was seated towards the back. Since I got off first and headed to my quarters he may not of noticed me. Maybe that why Bjorn doesn't seem to recognize me.

William was nervous. Here he was on a Starbase, a new Cadet studying Engineering and attending a ceremony which seemed to be very hush-hush. At the same time though William was excited for all the same reasons and he was eager to meet new people and make friends. Who knows? Maybe we'll be inseperable. he thought.

William arrived at the pair's table and held out his hand to the fellow Cadets and said, ''Hello my name is William Halsey."

Tag: All, Bjorn, Des

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-08-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
19H02 hours

Yes, he didn´t picked the poking up as an rejection, but as an invitation, Bjorn thought while smiling at his best.
The new Cadet walked up to Bjorn and Des and held out his hand towards Bjorn and Des. "Hello, my name is WIlliam Halsey", William said.
Bjorn shook the hand of William and said "You look familiar, haven´t you been in the newspaper or something? And Halsey, that´s a Familiar surname... Hmm.. Well anyway, I´m Bjorn Rommens, pleased to meet you!". Bjorn smiled at William. Everybody is so nice, Bjorn thought, I hope things still be nice when we´re back at the Academy.
Bjorn looked at William, while thinking very hard of where he saw William before and where he read the name Halsey before. Halsey, Halsey... I know that name.., Bjorn thought..
"sow, You´re a Cadet too?", Bjorn asked with his friendly and welcoming smile, "what´s your class?".

Bjorn looked through the room, in search of any other new Cadets, but till so far, he hadn´t seen any other cadets, besides the ones that he stands with at the moment. How suprisingly.. there always will be groups and here it´s the cadets against the senior officers.., Bjorn thought when he scanned the room. Bjorn felt nervous, standing between all the higher ranked officers and didn´t want to make a fool of himself. He knew this was a chance to set himself in a good light, so he hoped that there wouldn´t be any akward situations.

Tag: All, Des, William

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Melanie Woodcroft - 03-08-2011

(posting as Melanie Woodcroft)

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1900 Hours

Melanie turned around and saw Malone. she nodded slightly at him.

"thanks.. Its an honor actually that i never thought I'd get. I mean I've never thought i would have been good enough for something like that. I've not been really looked at like that. I had a bad past. So far its gone alright here, but i don't want to jinx that." she said shrugging as she watched Malloway walk off and sort of stared at him. she then looks back at Malone.

"i got other things to do for the gate as well. So another thing they depend me to work on." she added sighing softly and rubs Shadow's head.

TAG: Malone

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
1902 Hours

"Nice to meet you Bjorn," William replied, "In answer to your questions my name may sound familiar because i have a famous anscestor. I am descended from Admiral William 'Bull' Halsey who was a leading United States Navy Admiral back in World War II. He commanded the aircraft carrierUSS EnterpriseCV-6 through much of the war. Towards the end of his life he tried in vain to convert the Enterpriseto a museum ship mainly because she was the most decorated ship of the war. Unlike my anscestor who was an Admiral I am planning  on going through Engineering and ending up as a Chief Engineer aboard some major capital ship like a Galaxy or Sovereign. But I shouldn't get ahead of myself because I have to get through the Academy first."

William also noted the absence of Cadets and wondered aloud, "I wonder why we are the only Cadets here. I was expecting a whole lot more.""He also felt nervous of so many higher ranking officers as opposed to Cadets. Where are all the other Cadets? Did they get lost? Did there shuttles break down and have to stop for repairs? I have no idea so i'll just leave that concern my superiors. "What classes are you guys in?" asked William.

TAG: All, Bjorn, Des