SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Connor Blake - 03-05-2011

STARBASE THRINACIA
Main Gallery
1840 hours

Quote:"Commander, you have done a far better job than I had anticipated. The setup is amazing; my thanks indeed to you and your team." He took in a slight breathe as the scent of lilies met his nostrils again. "And might I say, a grand job on the choice of the floral decorations. As a reward, have this evening off," Steve humoured with a chuckle, "enjoy yourself, thats an order."

Quote:"Good evening Admiral, Commander," said Zack, raising his glass slightly.  "Connor, you did a fantastic job with the set-up here.  Do you mind if I call you Connor? You can call me Zack.  It looks like we're going to have quite the crowd tonight."

Connor nodded. "Thank you sirs," he told both superior officers; he turned to Zack and smiled. "I don't mind sir- I mean Zack." He said it with apprehension for he was saying it for the first time. "My team and I are still able to fulfill any needs during the night should they come up for anyone." He added.

OOC: Sorry but I'll find another avatar but in the meantime if you want to know what Connor looks like just google Camili-Cat and I must warn you he is nude in just about every image since he is in gay comics.

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Sage Targus - 03-05-2011

Small part of this is a JP between Sage and Draco.

Starfighter Bay
USS Braveheart
1800Hrs

Sage had spent most her afternoon and early evening looking over the fighters under her charge. As she completed the last of the inspections the PADD in her inner pocket beeped. She unzipped her flight suit just enough to retrieve it. It had one short message from her father.

^^Flightsuits and Fighters preped for Kalvoord Starburst. Dragon On point.^^

Sage grinned as she placed the PADD back in her innner pocket and flagged down the Chief of the deck. the young Senior chief ran over and snapped to.

"Senior Chief Rogers, Ma'am. What can I do to assist you?"
" At ease Chief." Rogers quickly took a more laxed appearance. "I need to have my fighter, Lt. Whillis and Cmdr Drac's Fighter prepped for flight manuvers and mooved to the head of the bay. you have thirty minutes. Best get cracking. Dismissed"

"Aye Ma'am." replied Rogers as he snapped to quickly and turned to get to work. with in seconds the bay was a flurry of work as the fighter were being moved into place and set up to be launched. Sage turned and made her way to the door with a smirl on her face. It had been along time sence she had been on a ship and she at that point realized how much she missed it.

She quickly made her way back top her quarters. As she walked through the door she opened the tube that she had taken with er to the fighter bay. from the tub she drew out a beautifl ceramontial katana. the sword was about three and a quarter meters in lentgh from tip to the butt of the hilt. the hilt itself was a dark cherry red, with a glossed laquer finish. the blade was steel, hand forged, with an inlaid gold dragon. The sheath was the same dark cherry red that the hilt of the sword was. with a  dragon in gold lament that matched the one on the blade. She walked over to her deshk and held the sheathed sword up with both hands as to offer it to someone. She bowed slightly and placed the sword on it stand.
With a snap in her turn she headed to her bedroom and changed into a clean flight suit and returned to her main room. Once again she walked to the desk and bowed slightly as she removed the katana from its stand. takeing it in her left hand she exited her quarters and headed to the Starbase main gallery.

Just outside the Main Gallery
1845Hrs

Sage Entered the gallery and scanned the room for her father.  She suspected he would be with Admiral Malloway. As her eyes crossed the head of the room she saw him. He had just released thehand of a young commander, and knowing her father as well as she, she knew he was acting the part of a gentleman. She crosseed the room and snapped to attention directly behind her father. Before she could say a thing, he spoke.

" Good of you to join us Commander. Carring the katana I hear. You should know by now young lady I might be getting older but I still know your scent and how you carry yourself."
" Aye Sir. If I may speak frankly"  She replied as she stood waiting to be released.
" Atease Sage it is a party. and for the evening It isnt Admiral."
Sage relaxed and moved around her father to mingle with the rest of the officers he was speaking with. She politely nodded to the senior officers int he group and then started to speak. " Orders were recieved and craft are being preped as we speak. "

TAG.: ALL

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Connor Blake - 03-05-2011

[Image: nicholas-1.jpg]
Lieutenant Aaron Rayner
Chief Engineer
USS Independence

STARBASE THRINACIA
Main Gallery
1840 hours

Aaron was late and he hated it. He had been on Thrinacia before the Independence docked for he was to join the crew after the events. The lieutenant wanted to get all his things and pet projects to his new ship as well as unpack before he joined in the festivities. Not to mention get changed into his dress uniform which all took longer then he had originally thought.

Once in the Gallery he spotted his commanding officer and approached. "Lieutenant Aaron Rayner, your chief engineer reporting in Captain." Aaron did a quick respectful head bob. He then greeted the others. "Admiral, Commander."

tag zack, steve

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Falcon Wiseman - 03-07-2011

MARINE BARRECKS
USS TRIPITZ
En-route to Starbase Thrinacia
1815HRS

Falcon was standing next to his bunk. On his rack was a duffle bag with his uniforms neatly packed and prepped to be transferred to his new assignment.  He was soon to be the executive officer on the USS Thunderstorm, an Intrepid Class vessel under the command of one Captain Melanie Woodcroft. Next to his duffle bag were three cases. The closest one was a about a half a meter square. Inside it were his ka-bar and sidearm.  Just above that case was on about one and a half meters in length. Inside it was his Sniper grade phaser rifle. The last case left was sitting at the far side of the bed from him. It was also about one and a half meters in length, but unlike the case holding his phaser rifle, this case held something that held many more memerys  and  and a rich history for not only him, but his entire family for near on three hundred and fifty years. In this case was a Ceramonial sword of a United States Marine Corps Officer and a Tactical Operations Bravo 51 sniper rifle. Both items had been passed down through the years for  twelve  generations.  He closed his cases and slung his duffle bag over his shoulder to turn and an old familure face before him. 

“ Permission to assist the Colonel with his gear?” Barked off an Old Sargent Major standing at full attention.

Falcon grinned. “Granted, and at ease  you old goat. If anything I should be helping you to a retirement home” He punched back.

The NCO relaxed and picked up the case holding Falcon’s sidearm and phaser rifle. “ Sir, You should know bloody well enough I will not retire till they lay a federation flag on my casket. “

“ Aye, that is true old friend. May we all meet that glorious day in the cluches of battle. “

“Aye sir. With any luck we will.” Replied the NCO as he turned to Falcon. “ No if I may beg your pardon sir. Get your ass off my ship and to your new assignment Marine. We have arrived and you are standing here like a school girl watching the boys walk by. “

Falcon grinned and slapped the old bugger in the back of the head for his lip, then hugged him and wished him luck with the  keeping the marines in check on the Tripitz. With a snap in his step he turned and stepped onto the transporter pad and nodded to the chief to energize.

STARBASE THRINACIA
Transporter room two.

Falcon materialized on the starbase and quickly stepped off the pad.

“Chief can you direct me to the Main Gallery?”

“Aye Sir” The transporter chief replied as he quickly gave direction.

“ Thank you, Chief. Can you see to it that my gear makes it to the USS Thunderstorm?”

“Aye sir”

Falcon nodded and left the transporter room making his way to Main Gallery as his orders detailed.

Outside Main Gallery
1850HRs

Falcon entered the Main Gallery of the starbase to find that many of the fleets higher officers had already arrived. Quickly he scanned the room to see if his new Commanding officer was present. Not seeing her, he walked up to the bar and waited for the Keep.

“ May I help you sir” Ask the barkeeper, a lovely young lady with flaming red hair and a smile that lit up the room.

“Ah Yes, Scotch neat. “

“Coming up Sir” She chirped back with a grin as she turned to walk away.

Quickly she returned with his drink in hand. “ One scotch neat, Sir. Can I get you anything else?”

“No Ma’am, Thank you” he replied as he took his drink and turned to see the people filtering into and through the room.

TAG:ALL

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Ethan Trane - 03-07-2011

Starbase Thrinacea
Main Gallery
1850 hours

Ethan grabbed his drink from the bar, sipping as he watched other officers trickle through the doorway. Some he knew, some he heard of, others he had no idea of who they were. Walking towards the center of the room, he figured he would look for a table and grab a seat before things got too busy.

Looking around for an empty, or near empty table, Ethan moved slowly, trying not to get jostled or spill his drink, neither very easy to accomplish. Once through the bulk of the crowd, the sounds of multiple conversations no longer directly in his ears, the smell of booze no longer directly in his nose, Ethan continued to where the crowd seemed to lessen even more. He would find safety in solace, if nowhere else.

Standing near the wall, Ethan took a long pull from his glass and noticed he already needed another drink. Shoulda grabbed two at a time he thought as he looked for the fastest, clearest route back to the bar. By now, the crowd that was in front of the bar, had moved towards the bar, which made it look like everyone in the place had the same idea to get drinks at the same time.

Oh for crying out loud  Ethan thought as he again tried to slide through the crowd that seemingly wanted to keep him from the bar. Excusing and pardoning himself the entire way, Ethan just about broke a sweat as he reached the bar. Downing the rest of the drink, he set the glass on the bar and tried to make eye contact with the bartender.

As he waited for the bartender to serve the masses, Ethan looked around yet again at the crowd, which grew exponentially with each pass of his eyes. As he turned back around, he noticed the bartender standing behind him, waiting for his order. “Sorry,” Ethan replied, “I’ll have another whiskey on the rocks.” He watched as his glass was whisked away with a nod of the bartender’s head.

He stood there with nothing to drink, nodding and grinning as he watched people pass by. His nerves a bit more relaxed than they had been when he entered, Ethan was ready to enjoy the party, as soon as his next drink arrived.

Tag; whoever

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Steve Malloway - 03-07-2011

POSTING AS Lt. Michael Gregrez, USS Braveheart CEO

STARBASE THRINACIA
Main Gallery
1852 hours

Freedom. As much as he loved his ship's ample nacelles and the tight jefferies tubes to work in; Freedom. At least, there were perks anyway. Michael looked down into the pint glass of bitter he held in his hand and grinned. Definately Freedom. He thought as he looked up again, his eyes scanning the room.

"Maybe not so much freedom." He muttered aloud, moving amongst various people as he walked to the outer rims of the masses. The Chief Engineer had never been much for people, contrary to his love for parties, but maybe that was just the alcohol that he knew would always be there. Nevertheless, he was attending and planned to make sure he enjoyed the event. Especially as so many others had made the effort to show up – the crowds were definitely increasing, and more and more were arriving.

“Lets hope people are on-time – though by the looks of people continuing to arrive all the time? I don’t think things are gonna start off at 1900 as planned.” He looked across the room from the main doorway, slowing looking left and right to see if he knew anyone he recognised. Fail. He grinned to himself. Of course he wouldn’t recognise anyone; he hadn’t met any fellow crewmates from the Braveheart yet!

TAG: ANYONE? lol

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-07-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Shuttlebay
18H30 Hours

As soon as the shuttle touched down in the Main Shuttlebay of Starbase Thrinacia, Cadet Bjorn rushed out of the shuttle. When he stepped out of the shuttle and touched the floor of the shuttlebay, he had his own first moonlanding feeling. He knew he had set foot on one of the biggest structures of the Federation. He had received an invitation of Admiral Malloway to join a ceremony taking place this very evening. Once he had gotten the invitation he had rushed to his Quarters back at Starfleet Academy and packed his suitcase and went as quickly as he could towards the shuttle standing ready to bring him to the Starbase. He knew he wouldn’t be here for long, because tomorrow a shuttle will bring him back to the Academy.

Still impressed about being on Starbase Thrinacia, Bjorn quickly walked towards his assigned temporary quarters to change into an new fresh duty uniform. While changing into an new fresh duty uniform, Bjorn had no idea why he was invited at all. He was just a new Cadet on the Academy, taking his training to become a Security/Tactical Officer. He hadn’t done anything special so far..

Starbase Thrinacia
Enroute to Main Gallery
18H47 Hours

After changing he rushed to the Main Gallery, desperate to be on time. He didn´t knew exactly where the Main Gallery was, but he followed the crowd, hoping they all had to go too the ceremony.
He stepped into the turbolift and said, " Main Gallery", in which the turbolift brought him towards his destination.

Starbase Thrinacia
Standing in front of the Main Gallery doors
18H55 Hours

Bjorn took a deep breath, straightens his uniform and walked into the Main Gallery.
Impressed of how many people are in the Main Gallery and how the Main Gallery looks like, Bjorn scans the crowd, looking for people he might know, but at first sight, he doesn´t see anybody. Feeling excited about being here on Starbase Thrinacia and in the Main Gallery at the ceremony, he is eager to know why he was invited and wherefore the ceremony is.

Bjorn walks to the bar to order a drink. “ Let´s start easy”, he says to the bartender, “ one diet coke please”.

Tag: All

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 03-07-2011

Shuttle Craft 03
En route to Starbase Thrinacia
18h35 Hours

Des gazed out the forcefield window of the shuttle and saw Earth for the first time from space. What an incredible site! Earth looked so small and yet he realized just how small he was in comparison. It almost scared him to think how vast and huge the universe was. This was his dream and Starfleet was giving him a taste for his future. As the shuttle approached the Starbase Des felt an uneasiness deep inside of him. He still remembered his fiancée and realized that he probably would never get back together with her again, he felt heartbroken but he also realized it was for the best, he was done with woman, he would never attempt to move on.

Des gazed deeply at the massive Starbase, there was nothing like that on Earth... Often when Des looked up into the sky he would see the orbiting stations and ships, they appeared as if they were slow moving stars. But in reality, they were moving often around twenty-thousand kilometers per hour around Earths orbit. Des also remembered an engineering quote that stuck in his mind when he was a teenager. "Orbiting a planet is like the object is always falling to the planet but keeps on missing."

Starbase Thrinacia
Shuttle Bay 14

The Starbase was amazing, nothing like Des had ever imagined it. There were four shuttles that had just arrived and Des could see about one hundred meters away from him the shuttle his new found friend Bjorn was in. It looked like Bjorn beat him. But then he noticed Bjorn climbing out of the shuttle. Bjorn looked as if he was really happy.

"BJORN!" Des shouted across the bay, but Bjorn didn't hear him, there was way too much noise!

Des made his way to a computer console and looked at the screen. He was familiar with the operating system, it was LCARS 5. Or so he thought... it did look a little different judging by the color scheme.

"Computer, please direct me to the Main Gallery" Desmond spoke in a natural tone.

"Authorization denied, please state rank and name for first use

"Cadet Des Locker" Desmond replied with a sigh and almost wanting to smack the screen.

Access granted. Please follow the passage way to your immediate right. Thank you for using LCARS Navigation and welcome onboard Starbase Thrinacia.

With that Des made his way down the passage way.

Starbase Thrinacia
En route to Main Gallery

Des was a little worried, time was running out, he knew he had to be there on time. As he walked through the passage he notice some good looking female officers staring at him, in a way he thought they were attractive but he was still way to scared to return a smile, instead he just nodded his head once and half grinned in a nervous manner. Des was always a very gentle man. But after the sudden breakup with his fiancée, Rachel, something had changed. He became a little bit bitter. In hopes of remedying the problem, he chose to do the counselling course at the Academy. Perhaps he could help himself to break free of the heartache and help others do the same in the future as a ships counselor.

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery

Des had made it on time... But only just, he noticed some of his Academy professors already there. He had only really met two of them so far. Two very good men. One of which,in a way, he envied. He was the commanding officer of the Bravehart, the very ship Des hoped to serve on for his dissertation.

Des walked up to the bar and noticed his new found friend already there.

"Hey Bjorn, saw you in the shuttle bay, tried to call but it was too loud in there. Enjoy the trip?" Des spoke cheerfully.

TAG: Bjorn

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - BjornR - 03-07-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
18H58 Hours

"Hey Bjorn, saw you in the shuttle bay, tried to call but it was too loud in there. Enjoy the trip?" Des spoke cheerfully.

"Hey Des! Good to see you!", Bjorn said with a smile on his face. I´m finally not akwardly alone anymore in here, Bjorn thought to himself. "Ow, really? I´m sorry i didn´t saw you.", Bjorn said in reply to Des, "and yes, i enjoyed the trip. You´ve looked down on Earth too?"

What a big crowd here, Bjorn thought as he looked around the room.
For a little moment, Bjorn turned away from Des and glared at the crowd, while he thought about how far away he really is from his family now. He knew they would be very proud of him, that he is standing here at the moment.
Bjorn recoverd from his sad memory, turned and smiled at Des. "I wonder wherefore the ceremony is. It´s about to begin isn´t?", Bjorn asked Des.

Tag: All, Des

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Desmond Locker - 03-07-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Gallery
18H58 Hours

Des could hear Bjorn's thoughts. He didn't intentionally mean to read his mind, it just happened.
"I take it you are feeling a little lonely... want to speak about it?" Des asked with a gentle tone.

Des looked at Bjorn, he could see something was on his mind and was concerned. It was obvious to the naked eye and Des didn't have to read Bjorn's mind to see that.

"A wise man once told me to never allow loneliness into your life. Be daring and get out there!" Des quoted smiling his signature smile.

TAG: Bjorn