SSRF Main Forums
Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Printable Version

+- SSRF Main Forums (https://14thfleet.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Communications Grid (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Fleet Public Archive (https://14thfleet.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future (/thread-4.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Connor Blake - 01-18-2011

on

Starbase Thrinicia
Conference Room alpha
1330 Hours

"Apologies Admiral, Captain Gillibrand, I was unaware that the Independence already had orders." Connor announced after Steve dismissed everyone. "Please forgive me; simply wanting to give everyone a chance to be amongst the first to go through the gateway. Hopefully upon your mission completion you will be able to join us Captain Gillibrand?" He said to Zack.

tag Zack

Connor had mixed feelings when he heard that Captain Woodcroft would be in charge of the gateway codes and of course he hoped this responsibility would drag her out of her misery. At the same time Connor was worried that sudden pressure and that same responsibility could have a stressful impact on the captain, ~ You can't think like this Connor! You have trust in Steve and Steve trusts Melanie so you should trust her as well. ~ He thought to himself and nodded.

As the group of leaders went their own ways Connor approached Melanie and smiled at her. "I just wanted to let you know I believe in you, I've got a few things I need to sort out before this evening. So I'll see you at the party," He waited for a response before leaving.

tag Melanie

off

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Melanie Woodcroft - 01-18-2011

Starbase Thrinicia
Conference Room alpha

Melanie looked up gathering her stuff up and looked at Connor. She could read him and she smiled back. "thank you.. i know you have mixed feelings about this trust me i do as well. I may be a woman but i'm capable of things as well."she said to him as she stared at him and her body started to get tingly. Someone caring about her for the first time in ages. she sat down on the table slightly looking at him."thank you.. for Believing in me in spite of your mixed feelings. Youre the first thats done that besides Malloway.  At least when it comes to fleet wise." she answered to him. she then nodded slightly. "yeah.. i'll see you at the party." she responded back slightly. She looked at him and then at Malloway. All of a sudden she was having feelings for both these men and she barely knew them. what was going on with her? Maybe it was that they both believed in her and they actually was smiling at her. and Malloway, well he winked at her and she blushed at that. But knowing her past they probably werent going to be interested in her if she ever said anything. Why was she thinking that anyways?  guess being alone with just her dog has gotten her lonely and needed more. she looked at Connor and nodded. "yeah.. i'll see you at the party" she repeated and bites her lip looking down slightly. "i'll see you later.." she added and headed off sighing sadly and headed over to the window to look out at the scenary.

TAG

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Emma Wilkinson - 01-18-2011

STARBASE THRINACIA
Conference Room Alpha
13:32 Hours
As the briefing came to a close, and everyone started to file out of the briefing room Ethan turned to Jemma and said, “I’m going to the ship to check on things, we have some time before the briefing, you can do what you want until then. Consider it the last of the free time before the party and mission.” Then with a smile, turned to leave.

Just before either of them could get very far they were called, "Captain, Commander." The voice belonging to her former Captain, Doanld McGriff. "I'm due on a transport back to Earth within the hour." He stated before offering his hand to them both and shook them once offered back. "I wish you both all the best, make the Braveheart proud." And then before either could reply he nodded his head once as a goodbye, and turned to walk from the room.

“We will.” Jemma called after him, before turning back to Ethan. “Right, I’ll probably look around the base for a while before coming back aboard.” She told Ethan, “So I’ll see you at the party.” She finished as they followed the throng of people making their way from the room. Stepped out of the door, Ethan turned left and Jemma hung a right.

Tag All

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Sage Targus - 01-19-2011

USS Braveheart
Starfighter Hanger

Sage touched her fighter down in the hanger of its new home, the USS Braveheart. as she did when landing it in the Starbase she tapped in a series of command and started the shut down of the fighter and its systems. As the last lock down in the system shut down started sage grabbed her bag from behind the pilot's seat and closed the cockpit. She turned and started out to see her new quarters when the PADD in her inner flight suit pocket beeped. She removed the PADD and opened the message it was her father and contand only two words " TALLY HO". Sage knew that this meant she and her fighters would be called into service and she bolted fromt eh hanger and made her way to her quarters were she promtely stowed her bag. Before she left her quarters to return to teh hanger she removed one item, a cylindrical tube about three and a half meters long. she slung the tube over her shoulder and bolted back to the hanger that stored the ship's starfighters. As she exited her quarters she tapped her combadge

=^=Commander Targus to all Starfighter Pilots. report to your craft. I repeat Report to your craft. Targus out.=^=

By the time she completed her orders she was at a full sprint. about a hundred feet from her quarters she hung a left and caught the lift. 'Starfighter Hanger' she barked moments later the lift door opened and she was directly outside of the hanger. She ran down the short streach of corridor and and into the hanger, were she waited to see how many of her pilots were onboard.

TAG: ALL / Whillis

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Jack Whillis - 01-19-2011

USS Braveheart
Jack's Quarters
1335 hours

Jack had run back to his quarters as he had forgotten his PADD containing his orders to show the CAG when he met her. He was going to be filling to roles on the ship but was glad to meet her first as he loved flying fighters above all things.

=^=Commander Targus to all Starfighter Pilots. report to your craft. I repeat Report to your craft. Targus out.=^=

Great, I don't even know which craft is mine yet, Jack thought to him self as he threw his duty uniform to the deck and jumping into his flight suit while hopping to the door. I'm sure the CO won't mind if i go for a flight....after all he isn't even here yet Jack laughed to himself as the thought entered his head. Jack then sprinted to the flight deck as fast as his legs and the turbo lift could take him. With his flight gloves stored in a thigh pocket, pulse phaser pistol in a holster on his hip, and helmet held in his hand he entered the hanger bay, and walked briskly to Cmdr Targus with a lopsided grin.

"Lieutenant Junior Grade Jack Whillis reporting for duty...and as ordered mam." Jack said snapping off a quick and not exactly perfect little salute. "What's going on that needs the ships fighters while in dock?" He was curious as the ship was not going to battlestations, so a call like that was uncommon.

Tag: Wiseman

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Trek KaTara - 01-20-2011

OOG: Posting as  LTjg Ka'Tara

|Ka'Tara's Quarters
|USS Braveheart
|13:30

She had arrived a short while ago and was unpacking what few possesions she owned, she displayed her Klingon armour and weapons on the special stands that she had made for them. She did not wear her armour now Starfleet did not allow it as it was not part of thier uniform, and she was not an exchange officer. She did however were a baldrick with her house symbol on it, and her blades attached to it as always in thier hidden slots. It did not take her long to put the display up but she was not happy with the look of the weapons they needed polishing again, she knew they were sharp and that cleaning is all they would need. Ka'Tara though was not one for putting things off and had plenty of time to kill, she changed out of her uniform into a pair of shorts and a vest then sat on a chair near the display stands. She took her meqleH down first and got out the cleaning materials, she took her time to clean every peice of the metal even the edges of the blades. By the time she was finished with them 15 minutes later both blades had a high shine on them again, she put them up and picked up the 'alngegh next. This was an old weapon that had been passed down to her from her mother and had been in her mothers house for many generations, ingraved into the blade was the house symbol they were a small but proud house. She repeated the cleaning process for her betleH and her tajtIq, once they were all done she put the cleaning stuff away and sorted out her uniforms.

Though she was a marine she had been assigned here as a security officer due to her training as an MP, she was not overly happt about it but orders were orders and she would not refuse then just because she had to take orders directly from a 'Fleeter' that did not bother her. She just hoped they were not going to insist she wore the gold uniform of a Starfleet security officer instead of her normal marine uniform, she did not like the gold that much it did not look right on her. She took out her dress uniform and hung it up to ensure it was clean and crease free for the party later that night, then still in her shorts and vest decided to head to the gym for a workout picking up her bag with her gym stuff in and refilling her bottle with rehydration fluid before leaving her quarters.

Gym - USS Braveheart

Ka'Tara entered the gym and walked over to the treadmill and stood next to it then set it to start at a fast walk and gradually increase to a full run, she then set the distance to 40k and a varied gradient. She then began a series of stretches aimed to losen up all the muscles and get them warmed up before she started, once she felt suitably relaxed she stepped onto the treadmill and started her run.

Tag Open

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Sage Targus - 01-23-2011

Starfighter Hanger
USS BRAVEHEART

Sage grinned as her pilots ran in. Her interest was perked when a cocky pilot ran in and briskly strolled up to her with a lopsided grin on his face.

"Lieutenant Junior Grade Jack Whillis reporting for duty...and as ordered mam. What's going on that needs the ships fighters while in dock?" he barked as he snapped a quick salute.

Sage cocked her head and peered at him. " Last time I checked Mr. Whillis, I AM THE CAG. I will ask the questions and give the orders. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?" she replied as the rest of the pilots snapped into rank and attintion.  " That goes for all of you. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"

" YES MA,AM!" they barked as Sage pulled out a PADD and checked to see that all her pilots were there. Seeing that all was in order, she grinned. " Stand to. Now to ansewer Mr. Whillis, I am under the impression that we are going to be called to duty. I pride myself on running the best Starfighter Squad. in Starfleet. I expect nothing less that perfection and I will be more than happy to have your flight status revoked if you fail to meet that requirement. For those that are wondering, Yes I am related to the Starfighter Director, Admrial Targus. To hold no bars about it, He is my Father.

The Pilots all started to mutter among themselves as Sage walked through the line. She grinned knowing full well that they were all well trained and up to the tasks layed before them. "Ok Now on to the matter of Flights. I will command Alpha Flight, on my wing will be Ensign Tao, Lt. Walker, LCmdr. Wiseman, and Ensign Moorehead. Ok Commanding Bravo Flight is LtJG Whillis. And Commanding Charlie Flight is LCmdr Drac. Lt, Cmdr, I need to see you. the rest of the you find your craft and prep for launch."

Sage stood at the nose of her Gryphon and watched as the pilots made their ways to their craft. Cmdr Drac and Lt. Whillis Stepped up both looking a bit confused as to the nature of why they are being activated while the rest of the ship stood post at green alert..

" Gentlemen, I wopuld like to let you know that my selection for flight leaders is based on your abilities not senoirity. I have full confidence in your ability and will be expecting both of you to assist me on operations of this squad. Mr. Whillis, I would like for you to over see pilot Equipment. amd Mr. Drac. I would like you to oversee the Starfighters. If you have any questions or need guildence please come to me with it, Dismissed."

TAG: All/ Whillis

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Jack Whillis - 01-24-2011

Starfighter Hanger
USS BRAVEHEART

Sage cocked her head and peered at him. " Last time I checked Mr. Whillis, I AM THE CAG. I will ask the questions and give the orders. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?" she replied as the rest of the pilots snapped into rank and attintion.  " That goes for all of you. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"

" YES MA,AM!" they barked Jack cocked an eyebrow at her and thought it was just a bloody question. as Sage pulled out a PADD and checked to see that all her pilots were there. Jack saw her grin and thought that it looked almost sinister. " Stand to. Now to ansewer Mr. Whillis, I am under the impression that we are going to be called to duty. I pride myself on running the best Starfighter Squad. in Starfleet. I expect nothing less that perfection and I will be more than happy to have your flight status revoked if you fail to meet that requirement. For those that are wondering, Yes I am related to the Starfighter Director, Admrial Targus. To hold no bars about it, He is my Father.

The Pilots all started to mutter among themselves and jack added his own voice, just by reputation he was sure they were related but it was a little disconcerting to have such things confirmed. So you want perfection, I can do that, Jack thought with another lopsided grin. She grinned knowing full well that they were all well trained and up to the tasks layed before them. "Ok Now on to the matter of Flights. I will command Alpha Flight, on my wing will be Ensign Tao, Lt. Walker, LCmdr. Wiseman, and Ensign Moorehead. Ok Commanding Bravo Flight is LtJG Whillis. And Commanding Charlie Flight is LCmdr Drac. Lt, Cmdr, I need to see you. the rest of the you find your craft and prep for launch."

Jack watched a moment as the pilots headed for there fighters and Jack could not help but realized he had yet to have time to find his fighter. Cmdr Drac and Jack Stepped up both looking a bit confused as to the nature of why they are being activated while the rest of the ship stood post at green alert..

" Gentlemen, I wopuld like to let you know that my selection for flight leaders is based on your abilities not senoirity. I have full confidence in your ability and will be expecting both of you to assist me on operations of this squad. Mr. Whillis, I would like for you to over see pilot Equipment. amd Mr. Drac. I would like you to oversee the Starfighters. If you have any questions or need guildence please come to me with it, Dismissed."

Jack frose for a minute about to head off to his fighter when he remembered an important detail. He ran after the Cag and called to get her attention. "Ma'am, sorry to bother you with trivial information, but I anted to make sure that you are aware that I am also this ships helms man as well as a fighter pilot," Jack paused, "Just thought I should make sure you were aware."

Jack waited for te reply before snapping a salute. "Yes Ma'am." With that he left to find his wing mates and his fighter. He found them all clustered together with the fighters of his wing and his fighter that bore his kills record from the last war. "Alright people, Cmdr Targus wants perfection well our wing will be perfect, I want an hour in the simulator everyday for every one to keep your skills sharp.....except tonight as we all have a party to attend as long as the CAG does not  say otherwise. Also get to know your maintenace team they will keep you alive, I want you to help maintain your own fighters so you know every little thing about it, and you know what is good and what is not before takeoff so you are already ready for it."

Tag: Wiseman, Any

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Zack Gillibrand - 01-28-2011

Starbase Thrinacia
Conference Room Alpha
1332 hours

Zack chuckled inwardly at Commander Blake's response to Admiral Malloway's gentle rebuke of the Starbase Executive Officer.  No harm done, really--the Commander was just trying to do his job well, and he apparently wanted everybody to have a shot at making transit through the Gateway.  He was impressed that Blake was making such an effort to be all-inclusive.  The Admiral dismissed everybody present, saying in closing that he expected all crews to attend the "official" public unveiling of the Gateway at this evening's ceremony.  He hoped that Commander Blake would also be in attendance--Zack would be willing to bet that the younger Commander looked damn good in a dress uniform.

"When we return from the mapping survey," Zack began, "we will of course want to have a go at the Gateway for ourselves.  When we return--which could be a few weeks, mind you--my crew and I will coordinate all Gateway-related issues with you, Commander.  I hope I'll get to see you at the ceremony tonight," said Zack with a big smile and a flirtatious wink.  He left the Commander, because it looked like he still had a few things to say to Captain Woodcroft.  Zack recycled his glass at the replicator terminal, then made for the exit so he could return to his ship.  The Sciences division and the Operations staff were in the midst of a major recalibration effort of their Astrometric sensors, in an attempt to make the Independence's survey of Sector 575 as painless as possible.  If there was time, Zack would inspect the modifications personally; if not, he would just get dressed for the ceremony. 

[open tag]

Re: Fleet Opening Mission: To Our Future - Zack Gillibrand - 02-10-2011

USS Independence
Captain's Ready Room
1456 hours

Zack leaned back slightly in his chair, casting a brief glance at his now lukewarm caffe macchiato.  He had been on the comm with Starfleet Command for the better part of an hour, protesting their decision to yank his Executive Officer away at the last minute for a classified assignment.  After going through the direct chain of command, Zack had finally managed to get in touch with Admiral Alynna Nechayev, the person that had issued Commander Thomas's transfer orders.

"Admiral," began Zack, trying not to sound whiney but largely failing, "with all due respect, the Independence is due to ship out the day after tomorrow for the Hopi Expanse.  I specifically selected her for this position because she was the best available candidate. I don't think we can afford a personnel shake-up like this, Sir."

"I understand where you're coming from Captain," responded Nechayev after lifting a demitasse cup to her lips and taking a small sip of steaming black coffee.  "But Commander Thomas's unique skill set will be vital to this Intelligence assignment.  My orders stand."

"May I inquire as to what the assignment will be, and how long it will take? When should I expect my XO back?"

"I can't answer those questions Captain...unless your Security Clearance has suddenly been upgraded to Sigma-Nine.  And according to my screen, you're Sigma-Five."

"I understand Sir," said Zack after a momentary pause and a heavy sigh.  "What about my mission? It's against regs to proceed on a mission without somebody to fill in, even in an interim capacity.  Do I just fend for myself?"

"Your mission is still important to us, Captain.  As soon as I issued the transfer orders, I also arranged for a replacement.  TamyoH is currently Chief of Security on the Dauntless, but she is well qualified for a command level position.  A Klingon Defence Force exchange officer. She should be arriving before the evening's ceremony."

"I take it this will be her first position of that nature, Sir?"

"Yes.  I don't think you'll find a more loyal Officer...once you've proven in her eyes that you're worthy of the Center Seat."

"I'll see what I can do.  Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to speak with me, Sir."

"No problem, Captain Gillibrand. Starfleet Command out."

The screen went blank for a split second, then filled with the seal of the United Federation of Planets.  This was certainly a change, and a most unexpected one at that.  Zack had not personally interacted with many Klingons in his career, but he did respect their adherence to principles of honor and loyalty.  Serving with tamyoH was going to turn out to be interesting.

"Computer," said Zack.  "Show me the personnel of tamyoH, Starfleet rank Lieutenant Commander. Display search results on screen."

[tag: tamyoH, open]